Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Golden tee update from 2015 to 2018  (Read 2486 times)

Encryptedmind

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 09, 2022, 09:33:13 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Golden tee update from 2015 to 2018
« on: April 13, 2019, 07:11:45 pm »
I acquired a security chip and usb sticks for updating my golden tee 2015 to 2018. G17 Can4 HEO is the security chip and the usb sticks are GL2017 v12.04.03 it says its for GT 2015 and older. So i installed the usb stick in the right usb port and installed the security chip. I turned on the machine and let it do its thing all of a sudden i get an Update Media ERROR -5(input/output error). Can anyone help me I provided a picture. Thanks in advance.

dir

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 27, 2022, 09:46:46 pm
Re: Golden tee update from 2015 to 2018
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 06:13:08 pm »
The update software is getting a read error on device sdb.  I'm not familiar with your machine but I can make some general observations:

- the update software is getting an error when reading from the update usb stick.  I can tell this because it's trying to read one of the multi-part ".tar" update files, and they're almost certainly only going to be on the update usb stick.

- it's failing part way through reading it, which means it was able to access the usb stick and read the previous multi-part .tar files.  It failed while part way though this one.  So it's likely that the file is corrupt.

You should contact the seller and ask either for a replacement, or if you have a linux machine you can use, ask to download or get sent the files that were on the usb stick and write it all back out to the stick (or better yet, to a known good usb stick).  Otherwise, ask for a replacement to be sent to you.

Encryptedmind

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2019, 07:31:48 pm »
Thanks for the response i appreciate it.
I bought it off a guy on kijiji. Ill try to get my money back. Would anyone have the files that i can put on a new usb stick. I know its asking much but just curious if anyone has the files for golden tee 2015 to 2017 update.

Encryptedmind

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2019, 10:23:03 am »
So I called IT Games today and they believe its my hard drive that is the issue. It cant copy/verify files for some reason. Anyone know how to check the hard drive? I plugged it into my external drive and 6 different partitions came up and said i have to format them. But if I try to format them it says its gonna have to erase all the files on the drive and of course I dont want to do that. Any other suggests? Might have to breakdown and buy another hard drive from them. Boooo

dir

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 27, 2022, 09:46:46 pm
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2019, 05:01:31 pm »
Ouch. 
The partitions are likely linux types that Windows can't read.  You would need to plug the drive into a computer running linux, or, failing that, boot the PC into a linux recovery CD/USB such as SystemRescue.  However, if you're not proficient in linux, you should probably leave this to others to do.
If you're in contact with IT, can they make a disk image available for you to download?  If so, it might be not-quite-so-difficult to copy that disk image back over your existing internal hard drive.  Again, you'd need linux rescue tools and proficiency, but at least you wouldn't need to worry about trying to rescue data off potentially unrecoverable disk sectors.
Alternatively, the other alternative would be to have them send you a new hard drive.
Ouch.

Encryptedmind

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2019, 03:05:48 pm »
Tried cloning drive on an SSD and booting that but no go wouldnt even try to boot up. Oh well guess im buying a new drive. Dammit. Thanks for your help though.

Syco54645

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 11, 2023, 05:30:03 pm
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2019, 09:22:31 am »
Is a copy of an original HDD floating around the web? Any chance to get a clone of your original hdd? I know a thing or two about Linux and would love to poke around this drive image.