Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Mini arcade  (Read 1403 times)

Minicade

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 30, 2020, 04:20:26 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Mini arcade
« on: April 15, 2019, 02:59:54 am »
Hey guys i am new to the forums i want to make a mini donkey kong arcade can you guys suggest me where to buy parts and pcb also any blueprints for cabinet

meyer980

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 24, 2024, 04:54:50 pm
  • Building fun things for fun
    • sergiostuff.com/2020/04/15/felix-son-arcade-game/
    • Sergio Stuff
Re: Mini arcade
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 11:14:27 am »
Welcome! There are many places to buy arcade parts. Are you building a perfect scale replica? If so, jakobud has drawings of the original that could be helpful: http://jakobud.com/cabinetPlans.php

Arcade parts can be bought in many many places. eBay, Ultimarc, mikesarcade, etc. If you're trying to use an original PCB - you'll have to search ebay, craigslist, or KLOV (a forum for arcade collectors). But, personally, I wouldn't put an original PCB in a scaled down cab. Because then you'll have to figure out how to properly power it, connect it to a monitor, etc. Depending on your skill level, I'd go with a PC running MAME or a 60- in 1 board or a pandora board or something. In my opinion, original PCBs are best used in original cabs.

What type of screen are you thinking of using? That can make a big difference in the rest of the design.

Minicade

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 30, 2020, 04:20:26 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 02:41:28 pm »
I WANT TO USE CRT

meyer980

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 24, 2024, 04:54:50 pm
  • Building fun things for fun
    • sergiostuff.com/2020/04/15/felix-son-arcade-game/
    • Sergio Stuff
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2019, 03:25:23 pm »
I WANT TO USE CRT

I recommend you start reading as much as possible then. There are many quality builds in this forum that use CRT monitors with plenty of instructions. All the other variables I mentioned in my first reply will come into play, and since I'm guessing you're a novice, I think you'll be best finding a completed build and following it. There is an entire thread dedicated to replicating Nintendo cabinets. http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,144583.0.html

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 07:29:48 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2019, 03:52:49 pm »
Its not often I recommend bootlegs, but you'll have a much easier time with a 60 in 1 jamma board with all the other games disabled, and your cabinet would be jamma compliant opening up the option of swapping PCBs and playing other games.
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.