Software Support > GroovyMAME

GroovyArcade live-CD 2022 (collaborative effort)

<< < (111/112) > >>

Substring:
If you feel like contributing to GA, you're welcome ;) If e can get a better generic audio solution, I'm for it

intealls:

--- Quote from: Substring on February 11, 2024, 11:57:02 am ---If you feel like contributing to GA, you're welcome ;) If e can get a better generic audio solution, I'm for it

--- End quote ---

Great, I actually contributed some stuff before, amongst other things the PortAudio backend. But I realized this was almost 8 years ago... Time sure flies. We should all be grateful for Calamity's (and all of MAMEdev's) consistent devotion!

This estimation stuff was originally part of the GM ASIO patch, but that implementation had some issues, so I've made it more robust. Also, this will only work with vsync+syncrefresh enabled, so given this (and some implementation-specific details) I would say there is zero chance for this to be upstreamed. Upstream already works perfectly though if a GSYNC/FreeSync monitor is used along with a sober sound card.

I'll clean up the patch the coming weeks and post it here.

Substring:
I'll ping Calamity for that patch if it's worth.

For Mesa : any version after 23.0 is troublesome with graphical glitches for me. Weird that 23.1.4 is ok for you

ondafly:

--- Quote from: Substring on January 28, 2024, 07:20:19 am ---No that's a mesa problem, and I couln't find the root cause of the problem sadly. To fix it, run sudo pacman -U https://archive.archlinux.org/packages/m/mesa/mesa-23.0.3-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst https://archive.archlinux.org/packages/l/llvm-libs/llvm-libs-15.0.7-3-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst from the command line

--- End quote ---

perfect ! thanks for the fix - worked a charm !

intealls:

--- Quote from: Substring on February 12, 2024, 03:15:39 pm ---For Mesa : any version after 23.0 is troublesome with graphical glitches for me. Weird that 23.1.4 is ok for you

--- End quote ---

I think the latest ISO contains mesa 1:23.2.1-2? At least the pkglist says so. I'm 100% certain I could get next-frame response with an HD5770 with the live CD as is, but when I installed that version manually on an updated system (kernel 6.5.2.8), the R7 260 wouldn't give me reliable next-frame response.

I'm also seeing weird issues when trying out different mesa versions, with mesa > 23.2.x, the lower part of the screen (with the R7 260) will occasionally jitter around while the top part won't? For some strange reason toggling the UI off and on seems to fix it. With mesa > 23.2.x I couldn't get reliable next-frame response with the R7 260. For whatever reason, 23.1.4 works great with the R7 260 for me. I haven't tested the HD 5770 with 23.1.4.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version