Software Support > GroovyMAME

GroovyArcade live-CD 2022 (collaborative effort)

<< < (101/112) > >>

Silverwind:
Thanks for GroovyArcade, guys!  :applaud: :cheers:

Rejuvenated my cabinet from old hardware on windows xp.

Betson 27" CRT
radeon HD 4890
Ryzen 5600
GroovyArcade install!

Substring:
 :cheers:

Toonces:
Thanks for the great updates! I recently decided to upgrade my Namco Cyberlead setup from a P4 2.4Ghz w/AGP ArcadeVGA & JPAC running Windows XP/GameEx to a more modern system. I've been toying with the idea of GroovyMAME and GroovyArcade for a while and finally bit the bullet and grabbed a cheap IBM SFF p82 i5-3570 system with a Radeon R7 240 low profile card. I initially installed the 2022.01 ISO and went through setup just fine and I selected the Nano MS9 monitor to match the monitor I have. On reboot, it would always go to 25K or something other than 15Khz as the screen was just a mess and not doubled like it does with a 31Khz signal. I tried the pre-release ISO next and wasn't able to select anything other than generic 15Khz and it's perfect! In reflection, I assume the problem is that I selected the actual monitor I have and the system tried to use the maximum resolution and maybe the JPac's protection caused it to not sync? Not really sure but it works great with the Generic 15Khz profile and I am able to update my Cyberlead!

When I first built the Cyberlead, it took me 6+ months to get everything right. I added LED buttons (Original CP was already hacked for american buttons when I got it), GGG LED-WIZ and wired my cabinet to the ATX power supply so the entire cabinet could be turned on and shut down from a single button on the rear of the cabinet. I haven't gotten the new setup 100% yet but it didn't even take the weekend to get up and running with the excellent pre-release GA ISO. I'm taking the time to do some deconversions and removing the LED buttons since I was able to find an original control panel and will be decasing the system and mounting it in place of the old P4 mobo on the sliding wood panel in the cabinet. I'm hoping I can have the startup and shutdown wired up correctly where the power button will cause a proper shutdown of the system. AM+ was easy to find a nice theme and instead of having 6000+ mame titles on this, I am just going for my favorites and hopefully get Daphne (or whatever is current LD emulator) for DL/Space Ace.

Thanks for making it easy!  :cheers:

Substring:
After 1.5 month of work, a new ISO has been released ! There a numerous changes that looks like drops in the sea, but among changes, worth noting :
- New logo ! This was a nice collaborative effort of a few members on the discord channel
- faster HDD installation
- Time to leave X11 behind a make KMS default. Emulators that can't work on KMS can still be launched in X11 through the AM
- Imroved the transition time between the boot splash and the frontend. On newer configurations, it's almost instant
- AttractMode is living its last bits of life, now AttractMode+ is the default frontend
- DCN2 GPU support for interlaced has been added

Enjoy !

b4nd1t0:
Always a great work, thansk Substring for your time.  :applaud:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version