Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: GroovyArcade live-CD 2022 (collaborative effort)  (Read 124639 times)

rewind22x

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 30, 2023, 11:05:44 am
  • that's same combination i have on my luggage!
Re: Collaborative effort for GroovyArcade
« Reply #160 on: April 06, 2020, 12:46:13 am »
Just wanted to drop in and give thanks for the latest build (GA 18-reorg) really like that it's focused on MAME only.  The hiscore issue that i experienced with previous builds has been resolved.  Doing a little more testing, but will probably install this build on my arcade1up soonish.  Haven't been able to do any testing on the crt cabinet at the office since a week before the pandemic hit.  I go into the office once or twice a week, but just to do some work and then get out of there.  I'm bummed thought, I really want to test this out.  I will try to next time I'm in, at least just test booting from the usb and launching.  That has always failed unless I add some custom settings.

Anyway, thanks again Substring, and anyone else contributing!  Stay safe.

Substring

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 23, 2024, 02:35:43 pm
  • Forking GroovyArcade
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,160023.0.html
    • GroovyArcade active fork
« Reply #161 on: April 06, 2020, 05:25:05 am »
18-reorg is a WIP, but it's almost the complete April release. Quite much has been done since the March release, I'll give more details once the GM 0.220 and Linux 5.6 are ready, they'll be the kick off for the April Iso. So better wait for thi stable ISO before installing a new cab ;)

What I'd like to state before all, what I strongly believe in, what this GA fork is meant to be: it's open source, team work, collaboration, users tests and feedback. Some members gave much time to the next release, all this work wouldn't be possible without their help (and the covid quarantine ^^). I'll name them very soon :)

And again, thank you for your kind words. GroovyArcade is made for you, for non IT people, even for Linux haters. It focuses on simplicity, 0 knowledge in MAME/Linux. Install, play, don't waste time on configuration!

Substring

• Offline Offline
  • Forking GroovyArcade
« Reply #162 on: April 12, 2020, 10:33:09 am »
2020.04 IS FINALLY OUT

Grab it here !

Quite some changes in this one, hard to list everything without making a full copy/paste of the release itself :
- Attract Mode interlaced is fixed!  Thank you so much oomek!!!
- removed everything that was not mame, so we focus on MAME only
- MAME high scores fixed
- reworked folders structure to gather all useful files in a single place that can be accessed through network. You'll find roms, config files for frontends or emulators, roms. For Windows 10 compatibility, it now requires a user/password: arcade/arcade
- reworked the main menu where I'll remove some unnecessary options with time, rewrite some. The boot resolution menu has been modernized, small bug for now if you have multiple GPUs
- first steps for Intel and Nvidia compatibility. AMD/ATI cards are still better anyway
- mame 0.220, linux 5.6.3

And many thanks to SteelRush, Banane and ghost13500 for the time they've spent with advice, testing, feedback, etc ... for this release. That's the meaning of collaborative at its best !

And I should thank covid19 for allowing us to have more time on our personnal projects at home  ;D

donluca

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 08:49:51 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #163 on: April 12, 2020, 03:53:32 pm »
Amazing release, well done!

Although I've not been using GroovyMAME for quite I while (I'm slowly getting all the arcade boards I want) it's nice seeing this progress.
On a scale of fakeness, from more genuine to more fake, we'd have:

1.- Plastic plants (cf. Fake Plastic Trees)
2.- Inflatable dolls
3.- Arcade cabinets with LCD monitors

Substring

• Offline Offline
  • Forking GroovyArcade
« Reply #164 on: April 12, 2020, 04:47:58 pm »
Amazing release, well done!

Although I've not been using GroovyMAME for quite I while (I'm slowly getting all the arcade boards I want) it's nice seeing this progress.

Luckily, if you feel like putting your hands into it, you can just flash a USB stick with it to give it a try ;) No need to install to HDD to see if it works or not with your PC ;)

Substring

• Offline Offline
  • Forking GroovyArcade
« Reply #165 on: April 13, 2020, 08:00:59 am »
For people installing 2020.04, I strongly recommend you
Code: [Select]
sudo pacman -Sy galauncher once installed, otherwise MAME roms will kep an ugly zipfile name

TD-Linux

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 03, 2020, 10:37:40 pm
« Reply #166 on: April 25, 2020, 02:25:50 am »
Thanks for this build! The syslinux and EFI boot support on the livecd was really handy. As is the gitlab repo for submitting patches :) I'm running on an udoo bolt attached to an arcade CRT.

Substring

• Offline Offline
  • Forking GroovyArcade
« Reply #167 on: April 25, 2020, 10:23:25 am »
Always wanted a udoo bolt ... How does it work ? Are you using a HDMI2VGA ? No low dotclock problem ?

Regarding uefi : well, it boots on UEFI, but that's all for now, there is really much work to do on uefi:
- add the syslinux menu to uefi
- change partitionning from MBR to GPT ... That may not be mandatory, but it's more uefi stylish let's say

All of this means really much work. It's in my todo list, but not top priority I must say.

Afterall, how does your udoo bolt perform with GA ? I'm very curious.

TD-Linux

• Offline Offline
« Reply #168 on: April 26, 2020, 03:35:18 am »
The performance is great, however it really behaves identically to most SBCs. For some reason the livecd wouldn't boot in BIOS mode, so I booted it in UEFI, installed to the emmc with BIOS boot, and then switched back to BIOS boot.

I'm using a Tendak HDMI to VGA converter. I wouldn't recommend this one as it draws too much power off the HDMI port for the udoo. I had to crack it open and give it 5V directly.

Yes, the udoo has a 25MHz minimum dotclock, as well as no support for interlaced modes (they get scanned out as though they were progressive). The latter might be fixable. The former is easily solved with groovymame switchres's minimum dotclock setting, however groovyarcade is missing edids that enforce the minimum dotclock.

One downside is the 19V power. It would be nice if it could run off JAMMA power.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 03:37:02 am by TD-Linux »

Substring

• Offline Offline
  • Forking GroovyArcade
« Reply #169 on: April 26, 2020, 08:06:18 am »
The EDID lead has been left aside in the 2020.04 release, so we xan focus on resolutions. There is one resolution that meets ypur dotclock requirements (but it's interlace): 1280x480iS. I think we should add 1280x240 for people who are allergic to interlace or whose hardware cat handle it

ronbin

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 10, 2024, 10:54:27 am
« Reply #170 on: April 26, 2020, 10:29:29 am »
Hello
I don't know if this is the right place for posting this... apologies in advance. Just installed groovyarcade and configured it for my 31khz CRT pc monitor. I've modified mame.ini file with those options
unevenstretch             0
effect                    scanlines.png
monitor                   vesa_1024
interlace                 0
doublescan                0
And every arcade game boots perfectly. Some examples
SwitchRes: [gng] (1) horizontal (256x224@59.590000)->(512x448@59.590000)
SwitchRes: [sfiii3n] (1) horizontal (384x224@59.599491)->(768x448@59.599491)
SwitchRes: [mk] (1) horizontal (400x254@54.706841)->(800x508@54.706841)
Even console games
groovymame genesis -cart /home/roms/SegaGenesis_roms/Sonic\ The\ Hedgehog\ \(USA\,\ Europe\).zip
SwitchRes: [genesis] (1) horizontal (256x224@59.922745)->(512x448@59.922745)
But when I try to load same game with another emulator (mednafen), switchres doesn't work as I expected.
switchres genesis --calc --xrandr --monitor vesa_1024 --nodoublescan --nointerlace --emulator mednafen --rom /home/roms/SegaGenesis_roms/Sonic\ The\ Hedgehog\ \(USA\,\ Europe\).zip
# genesis 1280x440@60.00 29.3400Khz
ModeLine          "1280x440x60.00" 46.239840 1280 1304 1424 1576 440 457 460 489 -HSync +VSync

Why doesn't switchres create same modeline for groovymame and mednafen? I would like to use mednafen for sega saturn emulation...

Substring

• Offline Offline
  • Forking GroovyArcade
« Reply #171 on: April 26, 2020, 11:26:35 am »
I've removed anything console related in my fork of GA for many reasons. One of them being the total randomness of consoles modelines. If you're using VeS' groovyarcade, ask him, but don't expect answers

ronbin

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 10, 2024, 10:54:27 am
« Reply #172 on: April 26, 2020, 12:40:47 pm »
OK, thanks for your answer. I'm using your iso, great job by the way.
As I said before, maybe this isn't the right thread to discuss my problem, sorry (I think it's standalone switchres' fault, I shoul ask Calamity).

Thanks again!

TD-Linux

• Offline Offline
« Reply #173 on: April 26, 2020, 01:13:04 pm »
The EDID lead has been left aside in the 2020.04 release, so we xan focus on resolutions. There is one resolution that meets ypur dotclock requirements (but it's interlace): 1280x480iS. I think we should add 1280x240 for people who are allergic to interlace or whose hardware cat handle it

Unfortunately you still need an edid if you want to have a config-less Xorg, because the very first thing Xorg does is set the preferred mode from the kernel-supplied edid (at least this is the case for the amdgpu X driver), resulting in a resolution of 1024x768 for example if there was no monitor supplied edid.

arfink

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 01, 2023, 07:55:57 pm
  • Narf!
« Reply #174 on: April 26, 2020, 01:27:28 pm »
I've removed anything console related in my fork of GA for many reasons. One of them being the total randomness of consoles modelines. If you're using VeS' groovyarcade, ask him, but don't expect answers

So I suppose asking about support for modelines for WINE games is out of the question? :P I just really want to make a vertical shmup MAME setup that can also play ZeroRanger.

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 05:26:05 am
  • Quote me with care
« Reply #175 on: April 26, 2020, 02:46:25 pm »
Yes, the udoo has a 25MHz minimum dotclock, as well as no support for interlaced modes (they get scanned out as though they were progressive). The latter might be fixable. The former is easily solved with groovymame switchres's minimum dotclock setting, however groovyarcade is missing edids that enforce the minimum dotclock.

Hi TD-Linux,

If you have any idea of how the interlaced support could be added to integrated Vega GPUs, I'm all ears. I have a 2400G sitting on the shelf.
Important note: posts reporting GM issues without a log will be IGNORED.
Steps to create a log:
 - From command line, run: groovymame.exe -v romname >romname.txt
 - Attach resulting romname.txt file to your post, instead of pasting it.

CRT Emudriver, VMMaker & Arcade OSD downloads, documentation and discussion:  Eiusdemmodi

Substring

• Offline Offline
  • Forking GroovyArcade
« Reply #176 on: April 26, 2020, 03:07:11 pm »

Unfortunately you still need an edid if you want to have a config-less Xorg, because the very first thing Xorg does is set the preferred mode from the kernel-supplied edid (at least this is the case for the amdgpu X driver), resulting in a resolution of 1024x768 for example if there was no monitor supplied edid.
That's not true anymore. Since kernel 5.5, I've rewritten (almost from scratch) the kernel patches. And now the resolutions you specify as a kernel argument are added in in a way that respects kernel internals. In other words, they are now added to DRM modes and made public to X. The iso you're using here is xorg.conf-less for 2 months now :)

EDID comes handy when you need resolutions that are not supported by the kernel, which seems your case as of now.

Substring

• Offline Offline
  • Forking GroovyArcade
« Reply #177 on: April 26, 2020, 03:12:05 pm »

So I suppose asking about support for modelines for WINE games is out of the question? :P I just really want to make a vertical shmup MAME setup that can also play ZeroRanger.
Supporting this in a vanilla iso and giving you help are 2 different things ;)
What comes to my mind:
- add a system to AM
- adding a wine galauncher (see /opt/galauncher and /opt/galauncher/emulators) could be useful
- if you go the galauncher path, you'd need a small "game to modline" file you'd parse.
- if you don't care about galauncher, your AM emulator should call switchres with --emulator and --rom I guess

Substring

• Offline Offline
  • Forking GroovyArcade
« Reply #178 on: June 03, 2020, 10:52:49 am »
Quick update : no may iso due to the late release of Mame 0.221, so straight to a June release. No great visible changes, just some files are now in packages rather than shipped in the OS (and can't be updated later)

Using the groovymame-config package, you should now always have a history.dat and mameinfo.dat up to date with the GM version. Who'd want to update to this package will get their mame.ini reinitialised, thus loosing the monitor configuration.

Coming soon should be the 5.7 kernel with a new 1280x240 resolution for GPUs that require a 25MHz clock but that can't do interlace.

jcapone

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 19, 2020, 04:45:53 pm
« Reply #179 on: June 13, 2020, 12:20:27 pm »
Noob here. Just installed your latest ISO. Looks great so far.

My question, how do I program my USB zero delays? I can't search to see if previously answered

Substring

• Offline Offline
  • Forking GroovyArcade
« Reply #180 on: June 15, 2020, 08:51:19 am »
Hi !

How do you want to configure it ? Is it seen as a keyboard or a HID device ?

As for now, the OS is configured for default mame inputs, so keyboard only. You must manually reconfigure inside AM and MAME your inputs if they differ.

keilmillerjr

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 06, 2023, 10:20:39 pm
  • Web Developer.
« Reply #181 on: June 16, 2020, 07:32:22 am »
Noob here. Just installed your latest ISO. Looks great so far.

My question, how do I program my USB zero delays? I can't search to see if previously answered

Zero Delay is a joystick encoder with fixed firmware. You can not "program" it.

bouleEtBol

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 08, 2020, 04:50:18 pm
« Reply #182 on: July 12, 2020, 03:53:14 am »
Hi,

I tried GroovyArcade 2020.06 a spin but failed to get a display on my CRT (15Khz only) cabinet. I currently have the official GroovyArcade 2019 working in this mamecab.
Here is my setup:
 - Sapphire HD6450
 - JammaASD
 - Asus A320M-K
 - AMD 3 2200g

It seems that GroovyArcade 2020.06 installer can not detect the VGA-0 display.
Here are the several install tests I have performed:

Power on the mamecab plugged on arcade CRT with GroovyArcade 2020.06 on usb key:
No display.

Power on the mamecab plugged on arcade CRT and LCD screen on DVI-0 with GroovyArcade 2020.06 on usb key:
Display on LCD screen only. The installer only detect the DVI-0 but not the VGA-0.
I continue the install on HDD, select generic 15khz as monitor type. Install is fine, then the installer asks for reboot. Then I shutdown the system and I unplug the usk key.

If I disconnect the LCD screen, and power on, the CRT screen does not display anything.

If I reconnect the LCD screen, and power on, the CRT screen does not display anything, display appears on LCD screen as expected. Then I loggin to LXDE and run xrandr. xrandr detects the two devices: VGA-0 and DVI-0.
Then if I go to screen settings in LXDE, I also see the 2 devices but if i check VGA-0 only with 640*480 as resolution the CRT remains black (probably because this resolution is only 31khz compatible).

Could you give me insights to get you distro work with my setup ?
Thanks a lot.

Substring

• Offline Offline
  • Forking GroovyArcade
« Reply #183 on: July 12, 2020, 01:17:16 pm »
Hi,

GA tests EVERY connector, and forced them even if the OS reports that no screen was found plugged to the connector. So a few things to know :
- which option did you choose at the syslinux boot menu ?
- are you booting in uefi or legacy ? Please try again in legacy if you are unsure, the UEFI boot menu is not yet ready
- did your lcd display in its native mode or a 15kHz resolution ?
- can you list /sys/class/drm ?

bouleEtBol

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 08, 2020, 04:50:18 pm
« Reply #184 on: July 13, 2020, 04:06:01 am »
Hi Substring,

Thanks a lot for your support and for your great work on GA !
As you nailed it, the issue was solved by booting GA in legacy mode (not trivial though because I had to go in bios setup and change boot order to do that).
Then the VGA display was detected and the install went fine.

One minor issue I had after the install is that I had to edit /boot/syslinux/syslinux.cfg in order to lower resolution to 640x480 which was initially set to 800x600 and caused the jammaASD to filter the output signal.

Other than that everything works fine, excepting an issue with button mapping that activates the underlying windows management keyboard shortcuts:

For example, pressing button 1&2 and right direction display the virtual desktop switch widget.
I removed all keyboard shortcuts present in ~/.config/openbox/lxde-rc.xml file. It works great if I launch attract mode from LXDE, no more window manager interaction.
But If I choose Attract Mode as main window manager, the problem persists.

I guess that there is a file that manage key bindings globally but don't had time to find it yesterday.
I will go on my investigations today but if you know which file I have to edit (or operations steps), please let me know.  :)

Otherwise, thanks for your effort bringing GA better and up to date, that's really much appreciated.
Keep up the good work.

Substring

• Offline Offline
  • Forking GroovyArcade
« Reply #185 on: July 13, 2020, 08:35:54 am »
Never tried that key combo you've mentionned, no idea yet how to disable it. I don't use attract from LXDE except for a quick test.

That 800x600 is weird, it can't be set for a 15kHz monitor. You could have use the gasetup menu to change the video boot resolution. But looks like you're comfortable with linux, so you've solved it on your own ! congratz ;)

Thamiel

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 13, 2024, 04:00:41 pm
« Reply #186 on: July 15, 2020, 04:57:01 am »
Hey guys, got this up and running on my 31k JVS cab. Last problem to solve is the controls, I'm using a JVS PAC to interface between the JVS IO and the PC. Works fine in Windows but I have no idea how to get it working in Groovymame. It's supposed to be interpreted by the OS as a normal keyboard with default MAME mappings.

Any ideas? I'm very new to Groovyarcade, previously I was using Groovymame under Windows.

EDIT: I'm an idiot, my wiring harness had come loose. All good. Loving the switch to GA!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 05:55:38 am by Thamiel »

katzinator

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 17, 2020, 09:27:19 pm
« Reply #187 on: July 30, 2020, 12:50:28 am »
Thanks for all your work on GroovyArcade, Substring. I've been super impressed thus far.

Regarding updating, am I safe to run system updates via "pacman -Syu" or is this not recommended?

Substring

• Offline Offline
  • Forking GroovyArcade
« Reply #188 on: July 30, 2020, 02:49:40 am »
Thank you for your kind words :)

You can update using pacman. The most critical package (the default kernel) is disabled and will genuinely update with my 15khz kernel. As it's based on arch linux, it's sometimes necessary to read its main website because some updates require extra commands

Jimbo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 06, 2024, 08:12:05 am
  • I have no idea what I'm doing.
    • Wood Finishes Direct
« Reply #189 on: August 13, 2020, 07:12:49 am »
Other than that everything works fine, excepting an issue with button mapping that activates the underlying windows management keyboard shortcuts:

For example, pressing button 1&2 and right direction display the virtual desktop switch widget.
I removed all keyboard shortcuts present in ~/.config/openbox/lxde-rc.xml file. It works great if I launch attract mode from LXDE, no more window manager interaction.
But If I choose Attract Mode as main window manager, the problem persists.

I guess that there is a file that manage key bindings globally but don't had time to find it yesterday.
I will go on my investigations today but if you know which file I have to edit (or operations steps), please let me know.  :)

I am also getting this - pressing button 1 and 2 together and right on joystick brings up the virtual desktop switch widget.

This happens surprisingly often.

Did anyone figure out how to turn this off?  Cheers

Substring

• Offline Offline
  • Forking GroovyArcade
« Reply #190 on: August 13, 2020, 08:30:50 am »
That's an openbox issue, the fix was explained somewhere. I'll solve this in the next iso

Substring

• Offline Offline
  • Forking GroovyArcade
« Reply #191 on: August 15, 2020, 05:02:07 am »
For people having combo keys problems, here is a fix to run in a shell:

pacman -Sy xmlstarlet
xmlstarlet ed -L -N s=http://openbox.org/3.4/rc -d "/s:openbox_config/s:keyboard/s:keybind[contains(@key, 'C-A') or contains(@key, 'S-A')]" ~/.config/openbox/lxde-rc.xml

Jimbo

• Offline Offline
    • Wood Finishes Direct
« Reply #192 on: August 15, 2020, 05:38:29 am »
Hi Substring, I couldn't get this to work, looks like the config file doesn't exist: -

[arcade@GroovyArcade ~]$ sudo pacman -Sy xmlstarlet
:: Synchronizing package databases...
 groovyarcade is up to date
 core is up to date
 extra is up to date
 community is up to date
warning: xmlstarlet-1.6.1-3 is up to date -- reinstalling
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...

Packages (1) xmlstarlet-1.6.1-3

Total Installed Size:  0.48 MiB
Net Upgrade Size:      0.00 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n]
(1/1) checking keys in keyring                                                                                                                                   [####################################################################################################] 100%
(1/1) checking package integrity                                                                                                                                 [####################################################################################################] 100%
(1/1) loading package files                                                                                                                                      [####################################################################################################] 100%
(1/1) checking for file conflicts                                                                                                                                [####################################################################################################] 100%
:: Processing package changes...
(1/1) reinstalling xmlstarlet                                                                                                                                    [####################################################################################################] 100%
:: Running post-transaction hooks...
(1/1) Arming ConditionNeedsUpdate...

[arcade@GroovyArcade ~]$ xmlstarlet ed -L -N s=http://openbox.org/3.4/rc -d "/s:openbox_config/s:keyboard/s:keybind[contains(@key, 'C-A') or contains(@key, 'S-A')]" ~/.config/openbox/lxde-rc.xml
failed to load external entity "/home/arcade/.config/openbox/lxde-rc.xml"
[arcade@GroovyArcade ~]$

[arcade@GroovyArcade ~]$ sudo find / -name lxde-rc.xml
[arcade@GroovyArcade ~]$

Substring

• Offline Offline
  • Forking GroovyArcade
« Reply #193 on: August 15, 2020, 08:46:03 am »
Try with ~/.config/GAop.xml instead, the command I gave is for people using iso 2020.06 only I guess

Jimbo

• Offline Offline
    • Wood Finishes Direct
« Reply #194 on: August 15, 2020, 01:29:02 pm »
Thanks - I'll have a go later.  I am using the 2020.06 iso though :)

Edit:  Just looked, I don't have a ~/.config/GAop.xml file either.

I also have an empty ~/.config/openbox/ folder.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 02:32:49 pm by Jimbo »

Substring

• Offline Offline
  • Forking GroovyArcade
« Reply #195 on: August 30, 2020, 05:35:50 pm »
Quick update : Arch Linux totally rewrote their iso building tools. It will take me a while to adapt the GroovyArcade to it, so don't expect any new iso soon. But remember you can always run pacman -Syu from the command line to update your GA installation. It may hapen that some things won't update (like GM 0.223 seems to give a hard time to a few people due to some conflicts, or the GA boot animation that is replaced with the default Arch Linux one). So far, minor issues.

Jimbo

• Offline Offline
    • Wood Finishes Direct
« Reply #196 on: September 11, 2020, 10:18:57 am »
Thanks - I'll have a go later.  I am using the 2020.06 iso though :)

Edit:  Just looked, I don't have a ~/.config/GAop.xml file either.

I also have an empty ~/.config/openbox/ folder.

Hi Substring, did you have any more clues on this?  It's the last thing I need to get my GA setup working perfectly!  Thanks

Substring

• Offline Offline
  • Forking GroovyArcade
« Reply #197 on: September 11, 2020, 04:07:25 pm »
Ah yeah ... I think this file appeared with the June release, it may be a different file in previous releases.

Anyway i was wondering : do you start mame from attract mode ? Or are you going in desktop ?

Jimbo

• Offline Offline
    • Wood Finishes Direct
« Reply #198 on: September 11, 2020, 04:39:54 pm »
Hi Substring

I'm running your 2020.06 release.  Running mame directly from AM.  Not gone in desktop at all.

Cheers

Jimbo

• Offline Offline
    • Wood Finishes Direct
« Reply #199 on: September 12, 2020, 09:40:46 am »
It's really show stopping this issue, I don't know whether it happens when not using a JPAC, but I assume if it's the default mame controls it would happen.

Any games where you press P1 buttons 1 and 2 together (e.g. nemesis) they are totally unplayable.

I have another issue that I just found - do you know how to turn off all power saving?  I have the PC running groovyarcade on a jamma switcher with some other jamma boards.  When I leave the GA to play another jamma board, then come back to it 5-10 mins later, screen is black (game still running, you can hear it) and no joysticks/buttons combo seem to bring it back.  I'm assuming power saving settings because if you're only away for a minute or two it's fine.