Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: 1 UP RANT!  (Read 21498 times)

daywane

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 11, 2022, 07:18:07 am
  • GRRRR!
1 UP RANT!
« on: April 07, 2019, 10:38:05 am »
I first got into mame long ago.
The angry attitude I got from arcade machine dealers in Lexington and Louisville KY. And some in OH! Was just pure nasty!
Well every one of those stores are gone. Mame has grown.
1 Up did not take a crap in your cornflakes! Get over yourself all ready.
You do not have to like the product . I  :censored: get it. Nothing more needs said we  :censored: know where you stand.
If some one asks a question on a 1up build we do not need all the BS!
It is a question not directed at your bitter  :censored:

Nephasth

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 11, 2024, 11:02:52 pm
  • Bitches love Centipede
Re: 1 UP RANT!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2019, 11:20:13 am »
The irony... :cheers:
%Bartop

daywane

• Offline Offline
  • GRRRR!
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2019, 11:30:24 am »
I just do not get when some one asks for help and his/her  answer is use it as a toilet or pee on it as helpful at all.

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2024, 11:03:32 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2019, 11:41:04 am »
Can we please move this to PNR or wherever these things are supposed to go?
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

leapinlew

• Some questionable things going on in this room with cheetos
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2024, 07:51:43 pm
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2019, 11:54:41 am »

lol - I agree you with yots, and I agree with daywane.

No disrespect daywane. I know what you are talking about but your post is just more dirty laundry. The actions of a few vocal folks on the board don't reflect the intent of the entire site. Not to mention, everyone is entitled to have opinion. I'd like to see a shift to either offering to help, or just mind your own business, but you can't stop some of the ugly posts, except to try and counter them.

Most everyone here is good people. I think "retro" coming back and being such an obvious fad has struck a nerve with some folks.

wp34

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2022, 09:48:19 pm
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2019, 12:01:46 pm »

At least move them to Misc Arcade.  Or better yet let's create an Arcade 1 UP sub forum.  That way it would be easier to ignore all posts related to Arcade 1 UP if someone so desires.

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2019, 12:08:18 pm »

At least move them to Misc Arcade.  Or better yet let's create an Arcade 1 UP sub forum.  That way it would be easier to ignore all posts related to Arcade 1 UP if someone so desires.

I’m not a big fan of creating new sub forums for every little thing (Lightguns? Really?), but I tend to agree with this. If people want/want to support the A1Up here, at least keep it in one place. That way, if you’re not interested, you can stay out.

DrakeTungsten

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 14, 2022, 06:36:45 pm
  • I effed with the wrong person!
    • No Quarter - a basic FE, WIP
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2019, 01:29:57 pm »

I’m not a big fan of creating new sub forums for every little thing (Lightguns? Really?), but I tend to agree with this. If people want/want to support the A1Up here, at least keep it in one place. That way, if you’re not interested, you can stay out.
Because all of the A1Up threads are misleadingly labeled with some variation of "This is NOT a A1Up thread"?

It's obvious some of you guys are enjoying the trolling of A1Up enthusiasts, so I'm going to take a grain of salt with anyone expressing desire to push those threads out of the way. It's a bit unbelievable that folks who so regularly participate in certain threads would prefer that those certain threads disappear.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 01:41:48 pm by DrakeTungsten »
No Quarter - a basic FE, WIP

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2019, 01:42:57 pm »

Because all of the A1Up threads are misleadingly labeled with some variation of "This is NOT a A1Up thread"?

It's obvious some of you guys are enjoying the trolling of A1Up enthusiasts, so I'm going to take a grain of salt with anyone expressing desire to push those threads out of the way. It's a bit unbelievable that folks who so regularly participate in certain threads would prefer that those certain threads disappear.

We’ll make sure they do.

leapinlew

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2019, 01:43:25 pm »

I'm going to vote no sub-forum. We don't need a sub-forum for every vendor pushing out a new platform for us to play arcade games. We just need folks to pull up their big boy and big girl pants and act like a decent human being. The questions haven't been specific to 1up, it's been about modding. That's the heart and soul of BYOAC. If we start seeing A1up specific questions, than a sub-forum could be justified, but if the point to having a sub-forum now is so that 4 or 5 topics can be out of view of current members can't handle seeing a Arcae1upp topic, that's silly.

Ond

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 03, 2024, 05:08:11 pm
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2019, 02:11:52 pm »
Is this something to vote on ?  Where's that like button?

Osirus23

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 23, 2021, 01:33:52 pm
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2019, 02:13:58 pm »
No sub-forum. Could be discussed in Misc. Arcade instead. A year from now when no one cares about A1Up what happens to its sub-forum then? Will there be new crap to argue about that gets its own forum?

Reminds me of Cemu. At least 2 emulation forums I visit had huge threads about Cemu when it came out. Both sites decided that there was so much discussion that a dedicated Cemu sub-forum should be created. 2 years later each of the Cemu sub-forums on both of those sites has just one thread in it - the original discussion that was moved there.

leapinlew

• Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2019, 02:28:33 pm »
No sub-forum. Could be discussed in Misc. Arcade instead. A year from now when no one cares about A1Up what happens to its sub-forum then? Will there be new crap to argue about that gets its own forum?

Totally agree. To me, A1up is more successful than the Midway Treasures cabinets, but no different from a BYOAC perspective.

There should be no arguing. We are literally trying to decide if should we be jerks or not.

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2019, 02:38:08 pm »
Just roll A1Up talking into the Pi forum and call it “Modding”. There.

jennifer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 11, 2023, 06:24:58 am
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2019, 03:09:06 pm »

lol - I agree you with yots, and I agree with daywane.

No disrespect daywane. I know what you are talking about but your post is just more dirty laundry. The actions of a few vocal folks on the board don't reflect the intent of the entire site. Not to mention, everyone is entitled to have opinion. I'd like to see a shift to either offering to help, or just mind your own business, but you can't stop some of the ugly posts, except to try and counter them.

Most everyone here is good people. I think "retro" coming back and being such an obvious fad has struck a nerve with some folks.
You actually these things pose some kind of threat to the future of arcade cabs?... That is probably the dumbest statement made in like EVER, The rest of us are actually getting some really sweet deals on the real  cabs in this climate because the market pressure has been artificially altered by these (awesome?) Arcade1ups...So keep pushing that junk off on the unsuspecting Lew, because I personally have acquired games faster than I have in years and only have guys like you to thank....Up to around 150 now! (give or take) Dance, Dance.

leapinlew

• Offline Offline
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2019, 03:29:40 pm »
You actually these things pose some kind of threat to the future of arcade cabs?... That is probably the dumbest statement made in like EVER,
I'm not one of those "your reading comprehension sucks" kinda guys, but, well, your reading comprehension sucks. Maybe take a minute to read what I wrote, "retro coming back and being such an obvious fad has stuck a nerve with some folks". If you need me to break that down for you, let me know.

The rest of us are actually getting some really sweet deals on the real  cabs in this climate because the market pressure has been artificially altered by these (awesome?) Arcade1ups...So keep pushing that junk off on the unsuspecting Lew, because I personally have acquired games faster than I have in years and only have guys like you to thank....Up to around 150 now! (give or take) Dance, Dance.
So, I'm not here to speak for everyone, like you claim to be, but the market where I live hasn't been "altered" yet. If anything, actual arcade machines are still being bought at high dollar and converted quickly because people are trying to cash in and sell multi machines. Arcade cabinet purchases has always been a regional thing and, despite you claiming "the rest of us", it's possible you live somewhere that the machines have made themselves more available and it's due to Arcade1up, but I doubt it. I call BS on your statement.

I don't know who you think I am, but I've had plenty of machines. I don't need to dick measure proclaiming to have a ton of cabinets, as if that means anything. That's just me though. I got nothing to prove.

Anyhow - have fun being the ambassador for everyone purchasing arcade cabinets since Arcade1up has been released.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 03:31:22 pm by leapinlew »

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:01:53 am
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2019, 04:40:23 pm »
Daywane - 1 new thread per day, bro.

Guywiththegun

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 17, 2020, 12:00:21 pm
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2019, 05:01:10 pm »
For the arcade enthusiasts who are into 1UP.. I'm not judging, but don't you think they could just be done better, at a bigger height? I mean, some extra MDF or whatever they use, to bring the height up,  and increase the cost $50 or whatever.

I think the wall cades I looked at look pretty cool. If I were to buy anything 1UP it would be one of those.

opt2not

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 02, 2024, 07:42:30 pm
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2019, 06:34:41 pm »
Lew, just wanted to point out that because you’re not here to speak for everyone, it’s important to retain the group of us who still regard these products as a poor quality trend cash-in. Sure let’s be respectful to others about our dislikes, I myself have walked the line by calling people foolish for committing to these (I mean, buying a whole pallet of these and breaking even was fool-hearty, no?), but I don’t condone Jen’s dive off the deepend with her toilet jokes.

I just think that suppressing the “against” opinions is a one sided perspective that doesn’t serve anyone. I assume you don’t mean to do that, and I assume you want the discussion to be respectful. So let’s continue to have all points of view present.

I do agree, the modding aspect is part of the soul here, which is why I’ve suggested to these folks that parts of a rebuild is the best way to go rather than bandaging the core problem. I believe my line was “putting lipstick on a pig”. I’ve also suggested to folks to use cheaper and somewhat more reliable internals like Multi-pcb’s.
But I’ll suggest these things with the premise that you’re just duct-taping the solution, and in the end, re-builds are going to give you the best results.
And I mean, not supporting A1up’s backpedaling in parts, and going elsewhere for hardware. There’s no point in feeding into their mistakes.

leapinlew

• Offline Offline
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2019, 07:29:48 pm »
Lew, just wanted to point out that because you’re not here to speak for everyone, it’s important to retain the group of us who still regard these products as a poor quality trend cash-in. Sure let’s be respectful to others about our dislikes, I myself have walked the line by calling people foolish for committing to these (I mean, buying a whole pallet of these and breaking even was fool-hearty, no?), but I don’t condone Jen’s dive off the deepend with her toilet jokes.

The pallet I bought was foolish for me, not because it was A1UP machines, it was because it was too much for me to spend. I came out $50 ahead, 2 Arcade1up machines, and a $200 bluetooth speaker. I would call that a not worthwhile venture, and I'm glad we can all poke some fun at it, but I suspect some folks would see that as totally worth their time. It could have been arcade boards, or WICO joysticks, or whatever. It still would have been just as foolish of a move for me to do. 

I just think that suppressing the “against” opinions is a one sided perspective that doesn’t serve anyone. I assume you don’t mean to do that, and I assume you want the discussion to be respectful. So let’s continue to have all points of view present.

Clearly the way some views are being presented are not coming across in a respectable manner. This thread is evidence of that. It's simple, we've lost some civility. Calling another persons purchase garbage, trash can, and urinal is, well, it's kinda funny, but it's not something I want to be a part of, nor should it be condoned. Geez man, I've said it before, and I'm totally being serious. I hate that it looks like I'm super pro Arcade1up. I'm not.

Maybe I'll just go back to ignoring it. You know what, that's what I'm going to do. It's not a rage quit. It's a calculated move to recoup my time. Some aspects of this conversation have been interesting, but lots of it just got nasty and put me in a place I don't want to be.

daywane

• Offline Offline
  • GRRRR!
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2019, 07:52:11 pm »
Daywane - 1 new thread per day, bro.

I communicate  on what I am doing and involved here. Is that not what we are here for? Am I wrong?

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2019, 08:13:48 pm »
Lew, bro, you're my hero. I put some crazy bid on a bunch of plug and play joysticks because of your inspiration. Unfortunately, someone was crazier. It was gonna be great but I lost my balls at $200.

jennifer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 11, 2023, 06:24:58 am
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2019, 08:16:52 pm »

The pallet I bought was foolish for me, not because it was A1UP machines, it was because it was too much for me to spend. I came out $50 ahead, 2 Arcade1up machines, and a $200 bluetooth speaker. I would call that a not worthwhile venture, and I'm glad we can all poke some fun at it, but I suspect some folks would see that as totally worth their time. It could have been arcade boards, or WICO joysticks, or whatever. It still would have been just as foolish of a move for me to do. 

Clearly the way some views are being presented are not coming across in a respectable manner. This thread is evidence of that. It's simple, we've lost some civility. Calling another persons purchase garbage, trash can, and urinal is, well, it's kinda funny, but it's not something I want to be a part of, nor should it be condoned. Geez man, I've said it before, and I'm totally being serious. I hate that it looks like I'm super pro Arcade1up. I'm not.

Maybe I'll just go back to ignoring it. You know what, that's what I'm going to do. It's not a rage quit. It's a calculated move to recoup my time. Some aspects of this conversation have been interesting, but lots of it just got nasty and put me in a place I don't want to be.
Don't quite the internet man, The toilet thing, Yes not my finest hour, And I did apologize....That and we may need you around here answering questions, Because I certainly aint welcome wagon material when it comes to your A/1/U cabs. ::)

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 15, 2024, 10:59:21 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2019, 01:41:52 am »
Lew, bro, you're my hero. I put some crazy bid on a bunch of plug and play joysticks because of your inspiration. Unfortunately, someone was crazier. It was gonna be great but I lost my balls at $200.

I'm all about the plug-n-plays.  I usually pay about a quarter for them though..... they don't exactly retain their value.   

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2019, 10:25:07 am »
I can't find them anywhere.

:dunno

pumpkinpie

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 03, 2023, 02:58:17 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2019, 01:41:08 pm »

lol somehow i dont think that would stop the negative nancies from posting in these threads because ya know....they could not post now if they really wanted to

opt2not

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 02, 2024, 07:42:30 pm
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2019, 02:16:28 pm »

Hey I like the Lightguns forum. I don't have anything to contribute to it yet, but I'm working on that!  Besides, if we have a dedicated Driving & Racing forum, it's only fair that Lightguns have one because in essence the reliance on specific hardware is the same. There are multiple set-ups for original lightgun tech, and now there's developing options for modern display support.  So there's a lot to talk about regarding this genre of games.

As for a A1UP forum, hell no, I can't agree to that. If we do that, you might as well start forums for Arcade Legends, X-Arcade, and a slew of other vendors making arcade tech. Miscellaneous Arcade, or Everything Else fits these products nicely.

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 08:05:48 am
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2019, 02:45:45 pm »
Firstly I agree with Opt, Lightguns need their own area which is why I asked for one and many members voted for it.

Secondly I cant believe these things are still causing arguments!
I have been staying out of the whole thing but as I am here well this is my 2 cents...

So I think anything that gets the next generation interested in the ways of old is a good thing and these little things do that.

Are they the best solution? Hell no!
They are over priced and poor quality but I think they are a stepping stone into MAME or even better real hardware.

I know over the pond you have had big price drops on them making them worthwhile to buy and mod for fun but sadly I have not seen any such deals over here!

I think if they sort the quality issues out and maybe made them 3/4 size they woukd be a good product but I get the making them small thing as people dont have the room for large cabs.

Hell I dont really but ime a maniac....

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2019, 03:37:22 pm »
Light guns absolutely needed a sub-forum.  When the only way to play the games properly, even with emulators requires complicated wrappers that hook memory locations there are enough light gun-specific questions to merit their own space.  That doesn't even factor in all the various homebrew and commercial hardware solutions currently being worked on. 

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2019, 03:41:34 pm »

wp34

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2022, 09:48:19 pm
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2019, 04:26:11 pm »

lol somehow i dont think that would stop the negative nancies from posting in these threads because ya know....they could not post now if they really wanted to

To be clear I wasn't proposing creating a sub forum just to silence the naysayers.  I just thought it might be nice to get the traffic off the main forum.   I also don't feel strongly about this at all.  It was just a suggestion.

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2019, 07:45:42 pm »

To be clear I wasn't proposing creating a sub forum just to silence the naysayers.  I just thought it might be nice to get the traffic off the main forum.   I also don't feel strongly about this at all.  It was just a suggestion.

See, I agree with you. I didn’t see it as a, “Let’s just sent all these people into that space”-type of area (as you didn’t either). If you guys truly want to provide a level support for the Arcade1Up, why not have a place where it’s clearly marked so that people can find it who are looking for it? I assume that’s why we have things like  Pi, Jukebox, Driving, and Lightgun subforums? So people can find it easily.

markc74

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 04:37:02 am
  • Flipping out
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137295.0.html
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2019, 08:33:01 pm »
Seems to me that we need to move with the times (the irony of this statement isn't lost on me). If loads of people are buying these things and want to mod them then BYOAC should be the place they come to for advice on improving them. Controls are controls and this site is kinda the mecca for that. They can then decide whether they want to branch out and build their own cab or go full on KLOV. Or not.

I say a 1up subforum is a good idea. It localises the information and keeps it out of the way of people who aren't interested.

Similarly a light gun subforum is useful because there's a lot of progress happening in that area at the moment and we still don't have a perfect solution so it's great to have one place where peeps can discuss what's going on without it disappearing off the Main forum front page after a day.

Just because a subforum is created doesn't mean it's forever. As soon as light guns are sorted (or 1ups etc) then it could probably be archived but organising information to be accessible for new and existing users seems to make sense to me.

yotsuya

• Offline Offline
1 UP RANT!
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2019, 08:42:51 pm »
Personally, I think 95% of the Lightgun questions can be answered with:

1. Yes, you do need a CRT;
2. Did you recalibrate your Aimtraks?;
3. Yeah, I know having the cursor onscreen sucks;
And
4. Check your MAME settings

:)

I think the top of the main page looks messy and cluttered with all the extra sub-forums. Then again, I generally use Tapatalk, so subforum away!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 09:19:22 pm by yotsuya »

Ond

• Offline Offline
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2019, 08:49:53 pm »
Look up there ^ there's a nice clean spot right under Miscellaneous Arcade.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 09:06:02 pm by Ond »

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2024, 07:27:18 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2019, 09:26:02 pm »

Well that's because the subforum selection uptop is wonky. Like Software Support and front end support are just links to sub categories on the main forum list.

Automated projects, as cool as it is, has 5 threads that have been active in the last calendar year. Take away Mike A's posts in the meet up section and its got 2 threads active in the last year.
Forum and Wiki discussion should be merged. Site news should just be a stickied thread under forum discussion. Reviews should get the axe, people just complain about vendors in main/misc arcade anyway.

BST is pretty dead, probably my fault for advocating splitting member and vendor sales. It just sucked to go to BST and then have to scroll past 30 stickied threads for vendors /shrug
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

Ond

• Offline Offline
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2019, 10:02:29 pm »

Well that's because the subforum selection uptop is wonky. Like Software Support and front end support are just links to sub categories on the main forum list.

Automated projects, as cool as it is, has 5 threads that have been active in the last calendar year. Take away Mike A's posts in the meet up section and its got 2 threads active in the last year.
Forum and Wiki discussion should be merged. Site news should just be a stickied thread under forum discussion. Reviews should get the axe, people just complain about vendors in main/misc arcade anyway.

BST is pretty dead, probably my fault for advocating splitting member and vendor sales. It just sucked to go to BST and then have to scroll past 30 stickied threads for vendors /shrug

Ok then, well saint has done/is doing a great job refreshing and renewing the forum together with the help of members like yourself.  Perhaps in the not too distant future a sub forum tidy-up with input from members would be a good idea.  Inactive or dead sub forums can be archived.  A sub forum for any topic that is active tends to draw those who interested.  I don't buy the argument that "it will be dead in a year so why bother".  Arcade1up is a polarizing topic, plenty busy at the moment.  Sub forums tend to be populated by those interested and ignored by those who aren't.  I'm glad there are dedicated sub forums because I know where to find information when I need it, or at least where to start.

In short, if it's disorganised it can be fixed, topics that polarize members are best contained in dedicated areas.  The hobby evolves, so must the forum.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 10:05:37 pm by Ond »

Mr. Peabody

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 05, 2019, 02:30:42 pm
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2019, 10:20:31 pm »
Personally, I think 95% of the Lightgun questions can be answered with:

1. Yes, you do need a CRT;
2. Did you recalibrate your Aimtraks?;
3. Yeah, I know having the cursor onscreen sucks;
And
4. Check your MAME settings

:)

Hah. Probably.

I think the top of the main page looks messy and cluttered with all the extra sub-forums. Then again, I generally use Tapatalk, so subforum away!

I rarely look at them....

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2019, 02:24:51 am »

Roll your eyes all you want man, but I'd rather be able to look in the lightgun forum for lightgun info than the previous way, where I had to search the main, software, misc and driving and racing forums to make sure I've checked everywhere.  Now everyone knows where to post their lightgun questions or projects and because unrelated posts aren't in the way, new posts are easy to find. That is the whole point of having multiple categories.  That doesn't mean a lot of them couldn't be culled, but no, we don't dump everything into one forum and have a big mess like the pre 2k forums were. 

The only problem I have with the cats right now is that a few of them are to vague to be useful.  Misc arcade comes to mind.... it's up to the user if they consider their question "misc", which means that topics related to the same thing may or may not be in the same forum, which makes it pointless.  Good sub forums are made for the sake of organization and easy of search and I think for the most part the byoac does a great job of that.  I'm not sure why anyone would be anti-organization. 

Rick

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 09, 2023, 01:16:55 pm
  • Bartop, Cocktail and Pinball Arcade Cabinets
    • Gameroom Designs Canada
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2019, 07:57:05 am »
I’m not a big fan of creating new sub forums for every little thing (Lightguns? Really?)...

On that note, can I request a Micro-Switch sub-forum?

:D