Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Help with Hyperspin/Ipac issue?  (Read 1511 times)

ginkgoblue

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 18, 2020, 01:49:02 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Help with Hyperspin/Ipac issue?
« on: April 01, 2019, 07:55:41 am »
Hi guys, not sure where to ask this, so I figured I would start here and maybe get some direction.  I’ve been fighting an issue on my cabinet for a year or two now and I finally threw in the towel and came here for help.

Running hyperspin as the front end for a mame only cabinet. Have about 100 games on it, and have hyperspin set up just fine how I want it.  Everything launches and works perfectly. 4 player cabinet with ulimarc Ultimate I/O encoder.

But here is my issue. When playing a game (any game in mame) and Player two simultaneously hits P2SW2 and P2SW3 (which are right next to each other) hyperspin will jump on top of mame. Meaning I can still hear (and I think control) mame but only seeing hyperspin. Can not control hyperspin at this point, can’t exit, nothing. A hard reboot is my only answer and then everything works great until the 2/3 combination is hit again.

I’ve checked the winipac utility and there are no shift functions being applied. The two buttons are mapped to keystrokes Q and S and pressing them in notepad confirms that. Also used passmark softwar to test and all looks good.

In notepad or no other program does the 2 button combo do anything else but send a QS command.

Pulling my hair out here as I’ve had to steer away from 2+ joystick games so that issue doesn’t arise. Really miss my NBA Jam sessions and fighting games....

Help????
Build in progress

MydknyteStyrm

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 20, 2024, 12:19:41 pm
  • Makeup FX Gamer
Re: Help with Hyperspin/Ipac issue?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2019, 08:02:24 am »
Are you using Rocketlauncher in conjunction with Hyperspin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MydknyteStyrm

• Offline Offline
  • Makeup FX Gamer
Help with Hyperspin/Ipac issue?
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2019, 08:15:43 am »
The reason I ask is because Q and S are set as the default abort keys for RL. It sounds like the pressing of those two is causing an Alt-Tab situation but cancelling out Mame. What is your exit key set as in Mame? It should be different than what you use as an exit in RL.

ginkgoblue

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2019, 08:51:56 am »
Hmmmmm. Yes, I am running RL. This sounds like it could be promising as something to investigate...let me check on the exit key in mame. I assume it is ESC...
Build in progress

MydknyteStyrm

• Offline Offline
  • Makeup FX Gamer
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2019, 08:56:03 am »
Not sure if that would be the problem but if it were exiting out of Mame and it goes back to Hs, but no control, then it might be something locking up the system. I have a 4p control panel too, and I named my keys a-b-c-d-e-f and g-h-i-j-k-l for my first and second player buttons. Pretty much avoids any key press issues.

KenToad

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 12:46:35 am
  • Flap Flap Flap
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2019, 01:53:55 pm »
That definitely sounds like Rocketlauncher. Open up RocketlauncherUI.exe as an administrator and check the general settings -> controls tab. At the top you may want to change the exit script key if that's what's mapped to Q and S. I changed mine to 9joy9 in order to never activate it because Rocketlauncher seems to throw a fit if you have controls unmapped.

ginkgoblue

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2019, 08:18:32 pm »
You guys are the greatest. Drove me nuts for two years, and I’m one day you solved my issues. I am forever in debt.  I just played my very first real Game of marvel vs capcom and to that I thank you!!
Build in progress

Zeosstud

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 04:16:28 pm
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2019, 08:44:49 pm »
Awesome that your issue is solved.. Enjoy those fighting games!!!

MydknyteStyrm

• Offline Offline
  • Makeup FX Gamer
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2019, 08:45:32 pm »
Glad to have helped!