Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Frame delay on driver level  (Read 1190 times)

Foxhole

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2024, 04:05:15 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Frame delay on driver level
« on: April 07, 2019, 11:19:14 am »
Hi. i'm in the process of upgrading my mame cab and i'm upgrading from mame 0.169 asio build to the 0.207 build.
I have a lot of inis i created for frame delay on mame 0.169, for the most part i create the ini on the driver level, and when needed i create on a rom level.
On the new build it seems that mame doesn't accept driver level frame delay ini. Is this on purpose? How can i use my old inis on the new build?

Edit: Very sorry for the confusion, it seems on newer builds you have to put driver inis in a "source" folder. Wasn't aware of that change.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 11:34:31 am by Foxhole »

schmerzkaufen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 03, 2023, 02:27:31 pm
  • Multiple Electronic Machine Emulator
Re: Frame delay on driver level
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2019, 12:50:30 pm »
Frame delay is now set directly from the UI in the sliders menu, and it's stored per-game individually in MAME's config files (cfg folder)

In short you don't need to make specific inis for frame_delay anymore.  8)

Sure you'll have to go through each game and set the slider, but it's good since several drivers updated by mamedev will have slightly different cpu load today anyway (many of your old f_d settings are probably wrong now)

note: apparently starting with 0.208 frame_delay is getting progressively more accurate but heavier too, which is something to keep in mind.