Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Some Assistance If You May!  (Read 1683 times)

Ortizimo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2023, 09:23:10 pm
  • USAF Retired Veteran (1995-2015)
Some Assistance If You May!
« on: April 06, 2019, 05:41:13 pm »
Hello everyone! I've been away from this forum for maybe 11 years and now that I'm retired from active duty and have a new job I want to get my MAME cab updated and would like to hear your opinions as well as assistance. So here we go:

1. The cab has been in storage for 5 years and its missing some small chunks. How can I restore missing pieces?
2. It doesn't have a theme...it used to be Killer Instinct but the art was heavily damaged...where can I find complete art for the cab?
3. I bought a 27/29in CRT...It resembles the Wells Gardner CRT monitor which is semi-flat and its not as round as old CRTs used to be...the bezel was for a round CRT and it covers some areas of the monitor and doesnt in others...I need one that works for this semi-flat CRT...where can I get one?
4. I'm still using Maximus Arcade with XPsp2...I don't want to move from XP but I'm trying to update the FE...I tried Hyperspin but I never could make it work...any suggestions on other FEs or easy to follow setup for HS?
5. The front of the cab is messed up due to foot damaging the cab. i was thinking about a metal plate there like they do on office and hospital doors to protect them...where can I get one?
6. The back door is missing...it helps the cab breath but I would like to complete it...need one for the KI cab.

thnx!
Sometimes, when it's quiet, I can still hear the monkeys." - Guybrush Threepwood, Mighty Pirate.

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 08:05:48 am
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
Re: Some Assistance If You May!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2019, 06:34:12 pm »
Welcome back!

So for filling holes I use car body filler as it sets rock hard and easy to sand.

Artwork depends what you want, Original or repo but google and ebay are your friend.

The metal plates you refer to are called kick plates. You can buy them from most hardware stores but probably not the right size so you will prob need to cut and drill them.
I personally use Chequer plate I get from work as I like the pattern.

FE lots of choice but dump MA its dead....
I use hyperspin and if you want to give it another chance look up simply austins videos on you tube.

Zeosstud

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 03:12:48 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2019, 01:11:06 am »
On the off chance your anywhere near Columbia MO I would be happy to help you get Hyperspin going in person, Like spending time with fellow Vets.. Hope you get it setup just the way you want and are able to enjoy your cabinet again..

Zeosstud
US Army, April 85 to Aug 94
:-)

Arroyo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 06:17:46 pm
  • Budgets are boring
    • newforum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,156267.0.html
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2019, 09:33:36 am »

Ortizimo

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2019, 12:31:07 pm »
thank you all for your help...
-Titchgamer...will try your solution...thnx!
-Zeosstud too bad I really need the help...I'm in MD working my second life after retirement.
-Arroyo...that's the bezel...thnx!
Sometimes, when it's quiet, I can still hear the monkeys." - Guybrush Threepwood, Mighty Pirate.

Mr. Peabody

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 05, 2019, 02:30:42 pm
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2019, 10:23:48 pm »
You were here at least twice every year until 2017.

Ortizimo

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2019, 11:02:54 pm »
Ok...maybe i was and maybe i wasnt.  Whats ur point?  Cant a guy with ptsd forget sometimes?!!!

Mr. Peabody

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 05, 2019, 02:30:42 pm
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2019, 11:15:16 pm »
Ok...maybe i was and maybe i wasnt.  Whats ur point?  Cant a guy with ptsd forget sometimes?!!!

We have records to remind us of things. I was reminding you of the record.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 05:25:51 pm by Mr. Peabody »