Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Unknown Monitor Chassis Help  (Read 2278 times)

Yomanman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 31, 2006, 12:32:22 pm
Unknown Monitor Chassis Help
« on: December 31, 2006, 12:20:23 pm »
 Okay, since I don't have the money to invest in a nice new monitor for my arcade cabinet like I should, I decided to buy a mystery monitor chassis from eBay for a couple of bucks. I install a 19 inch tube from an unused TV lying around and spent two days trying to figure out how to connect the Deflection Yoke. Unlike the RBGY pins I'm familiar with, this chassis had six pins for the Deflection Yoke. I gathered up as many manuals on the internet that I could find for reference and I eventually noticed a schematic for a Sanwa brand that matched the DY pinout of my mystery board. I follow the instructions of the Sanwa manual and I get a pretty clear picture, though it is obvious that I need a cap kit installed (and possibly the width coil).
 I come to you fine people for two reasons: 1, I'm hoping someone can properly identify my chassis so that I can 2, buy compatible parts for it. Here's the pictures of the board taken from the guy whom I bought the board from off eBay:
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r308/CycloneForce/dsc07383.jpg
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r308/CycloneForce/dsc07382.jpg

The only markings on the boards that's not parts related are "ATTL" printed on the main board, and "PWB-612" on the neckboard. Also, on the main board is "TB-3 7007"

I will greatly appreciate any help and I'd be more than happy to gather any more info for you that I can on the matter.

SirPeale

• Green Mountain Man
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 04, 2023, 09:51:57 am
  • Arcade Repair in New England
    • Arcade Game and Other Coin-Op Projects
Re: Unknown Monitor Chassis Help
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2006, 08:59:27 pm »
Heh...I've got two of them.  One of them I haven't been able to get working.  Of course, I haven't spent a lot of time on it, either.

Far as I know that chassis is a Chung Hwa.

Ken Layton

• Guru
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2021, 12:25:59 am
  • Technician
Re: Unknown Monitor Chassis Help
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2019, 03:54:13 pm »
I've got one of these in for repair now. Definitely looks like a ChungHwa TB-3 7007 (with PWB-612 on neckboard). Capkit is available at arcadepartsandrepair.com website. The capkit contains 24 capacitors.