Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: am I too old school?  (Read 7927 times)

daywane

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 11, 2022, 07:18:07 am
  • GRRRR!
Re: am I too old school?
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2019, 08:15:16 am »
I forget. something about content
I will try again

daywane

• Offline Offline
  • GRRRR!
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2019, 08:17:34 am »
Your attachment has failed security checks and cannot be uploaded. Please consult the forum administrator.

Mr. Peabody

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 05, 2019, 02:30:42 pm
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2019, 06:07:41 pm »
Pssst. I drink to. :cheers:

I meant they don't help you in keeping your gear clean. That 'bacco resin gets on and in everything. Took me three hours to clean a kitchen's walls in an apartment because of the bacco resin. Was all around the outlets even.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 06:09:31 pm by Mr. Peabody »

saint

• turned to the Dark Side
  • Supreme Chancellor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 17, 2024, 07:49:54 am
  • I only work in cyberspace...
    • Build Your Own Arcade Controls
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2019, 08:24:17 pm »
Can you email me the attachment? I want to look at it and see what the forum is griping about.

Your attachment has failed security checks and cannot be uploaded. Please consult the forum administrator.
--- John St.Clair
     Build Your Own Arcade Controls FAQ
     http://www.arcadecontrols.com/
     Project Arcade 2!
     http://www.projectarcade2.com/
     saint@arcadecontrols.com

daywane

• Offline Offline
  • GRRRR!
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2019, 06:43:46 am »
Sure.

As soon as I go into living room to my work station.

LevelByLevel Gamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 20, 2021, 07:50:49 pm
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2019, 09:34:12 am »
Hello all I new to this forum, This is the second thread I have read all the way through and enjoyed it (despite the grammar police side track). I consider my self old school, I'm an 80's kid. I had an Atari because they were cheaper than Nintendos when I was a kid. Then I followed a console path like every one else. However, I have very fond memories of the arcade machines. The small N.C. town I grew up in on the coast had machines at the ocean front tourist traps like the board walk and we had a skating rink. Most of these establishments operated same old same old till the late 90's. I have just now fell back in love with arcades hence me reading this forum. I gather there use to be a following for old school mame that I missed out on and thats what  this started as but I read it at first thinking old school gaming in general.
I'm just your average 80's kid with a love for gaming. I have a retro gaming YouTube if you guys are interested https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN25Sl8nR2pcbikBa2ZRZvQ

Gilrock

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 05:47:24 pm
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2019, 09:57:03 am »
Hello all I new to this forum, This is the second thread I have read all the way through and enjoyed it (despite the grammar police side track). I consider my self old school, I'm an 80's kid. I had an Atari because they were cheaper than Nintendos when I was a kid. Then I followed a console path like every one else. However, I have very fond memories of the arcade machines. The small N.C. town I grew up in on the coast had machines at the ocean front tourist traps like the board walk and we had a skating rink. Most of these establishments operated same old same old till the late 90's. I have just now fell back in love with arcades hence me reading this forum. I gather there use to be a following for old school mame that I missed out on and thats what  this started as but I read it at first thinking old school gaming in general.

Spill the beans....how many Arcade1Ups did you buy? :)

leapinlew

• Some questionable things going on in this room with cheetos
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 19, 2024, 06:19:27 pm
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2019, 05:36:19 pm »

Spill the beans....how many Arcade1Ups did you buy? :)

Don’t worry, probably less than me. Like, a dozen for me.

daywane

• Offline Offline
  • GRRRR!
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2019, 07:57:58 pm »
Lots of fun time has been spent here

Guywiththegun

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 17, 2020, 12:00:21 pm
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2019, 02:50:35 pm »
The only thing too "old school" in my opinion is preferring CRT. And that's not because it doesn't look better (it does), its just that the technology is dying and won't be suitable for long.

LevelByLevel Gamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 20, 2021, 07:50:49 pm
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2019, 02:53:21 pm »
Ha Ha, no 1up machines, I did just finished muddling my way through a 60-1 jamma, and I did a full and bar top raspberry pi build/repurposed. as well as some old poker machines that I plan to do next. Its all here at my channel Level By Level Gaming https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN25Sl8nR2pcbikBa2ZRZvQ if you guys are interested. I warn you I am really new to this and my builds are no where grand...but Im having a blast and posting regularly. I can already tell this forum is going to take me to the next level. Oh, and thanlks for the warm welcome  ;D
I'm just your average 80's kid with a love for gaming. I have a retro gaming YouTube if you guys are interested https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN25Sl8nR2pcbikBa2ZRZvQ

Mike A

• Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 10:33:19 am
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2019, 03:02:23 pm »
The only thing too "old school" in my opinion is preferring CRT. And that's not because it doesn't look better (it does), its just that the technology is dying and won't be suitable for long.

I have CRTs that will outlast most of the garbage cheap LCDs a lot of people use in their cabs. A good quality LCD might give them a run for their money in terms of longevity.

Guywiththegun

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 17, 2020, 12:00:21 pm
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2019, 03:07:39 pm »

I have CRTs that will outlast most of the garbage cheap LCDs a lot of people use in their cabs. A good quality LCD might give them a run for their money in terms of longevity.

I'm jealous. I'm over here struggling to fit a 43" lcd in my Kangaroo cabinet just to get a bigger 4:3 picture. If a company came out with 4:3 monitors tomorrow, I'd by a 27" immediately. I just don't see any options anymore.

daywane

• Offline Offline
  • GRRRR!
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2019, 11:35:46 pm »
Try getting rid of CRT or old nonworking TV !
Here in Frankfort/Lburg KY trashman will not take them. Mercury in them
Country barn refused them. Same reason given.
Landfill refused them ! Same reason !
I found a dumpster that did not mind.

Gilrock

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 05:47:24 pm
« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2019, 12:32:23 pm »
I've recently rediscovered the awesomeness of CRTs.  I bought 2 and got a 3rd on in a Defender cab.  I've now done a cap kit and I've bought a CRT analyzer/rejuvenator.  CRTs will be around probably as long as I'm alive.

Mr. Peabody

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 05, 2019, 02:30:42 pm
« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2019, 04:02:39 pm »
Once the contrast issue is rectified, other display technologies will be more adequate.

People repair CRTs you know.......

opt2not

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 15, 2024, 07:31:21 pm
« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2019, 04:37:33 pm »
Once the contrast issue is rectified, other display technologies will be more adequate.

People repair CRTs you know.......
Or use them for tube swaps....