Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: marquee used as game list  (Read 3960 times)

daywane

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 11, 2022, 07:18:07 am
  • GRRRR!
marquee used as game list
« on: March 16, 2019, 11:37:43 am »
I am modding a 1 UP PAC-MAN rom list is vertical and will have maybe 5 or six roms.  arcade only. I have been searching for a few days.
what I would like is . Game list to be marquee's. click on marquee and it launches game
I do not want any wheels or anything.
just a simple list of marquee's listed vertically

« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 11:44:00 am by daywane »

daywane

• Offline Offline
  • GRRRR!
Re: marquee used as game list
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019, 03:32:49 pm »
I am trying out Mr Burns 800-1 build. I like what I see,
I have sound working in attract mode. got game pad working, now learning how to remove about 99% of games.
I am using HDMI to VGA MOREAD adapter. no HDMI sound out fixed in emulation station sound set up.
in attract mode " start and select" would not get me out of games. only option was to unplug pi.
I redid image and every thing clicked?

ballboff

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 20, 2020, 04:27:54 am
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 04:11:00 am »
Ya know what mate? I'd have a go at building that yourself if I were you.  There are quite a few emulation station themes that use the vertical display method to scroll through the games, it can't be that much more work to get the theme you are wanting?  I wouldn't bother with attract mode, it can be a bit fiddly, just a simple up down theme should do it.

daywane

• Offline Offline
  • GRRRR!
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2019, 09:05:47 am »
thinking on it.
I have issues with ES. I have built a few images. But lets say your in NES Menu. you have your game pad in hand. you are scrolling down 100 game choices. Then Bam your some how scrolling down Genesis. you hit "D" pad 1 click left your back in NES. same thing happens over and over.
Gets on my last nerve.
 Honestly I have never tried arcade joystick yet on a PIE.
I am thinking since I am only using 1 mame emulator and nothing else. I should be able to lock and black out Raspberry Setup ( wifi and all that stuff)
so once I click mame I think there would be no side scroll issue because there woul be no other emulator to accidentally go into.

Is this correct? 

ballboff

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 20, 2020, 04:27:54 am
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2019, 03:53:17 am »
thinking on it.
I have issues with ES. I have built a few images. But lets say your in NES Menu. you have your game pad in hand. you are scrolling down 100 game choices. Then Bam your some how scrolling down Genesis. you hit "D" pad 1 click left your back in NES. same thing happens over and over.
Gets on my last nerve.
 Honestly I have never tried arcade joystick yet on a PIE.
I am thinking since I am only using 1 mame emulator and nothing else. I should be able to lock and black out Raspberry Setup ( wifi and all that stuff)
so once I click mame I think there would be no side scroll issue because there woul be no other emulator to accidentally go into.

Is this correct?

Well you usually get the retropie setup page too, but i'd make sure you have everything set up the way you want it and then lock it down with kiosk mode, and then you should just see the 1 system.  You can even get it to default to that system when you boot up, so you don't even need to return to the system select screen.  You could just set it up so that you just need 3 buttons to navigate, that way the joystick wouldn't be an issue.  A button each to scroll up and down and then another button to launch the game.

daywane

• Offline Offline
  • GRRRR!
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2019, 07:38:42 am »
Just downloaded retro pi 4.4
Going to start build this weekend. Thanks for advice.
I am sure I will have more questions