Main > Lightguns

Sinden Lightgun Kickstarter date revealed!

(1/109) > >>

Titchgamer:
Thought I would start a new info thread on this as lots of people have been asking.

So Andy put out a mail today to say he is planing on launching the KS on the 13/14th April.

He has confirmed that the PCB has now be fully tested and is now production ready working on the Pi and the PC. He has also confirmed the gun will be as per the last lot of prototype videos:

Assignable trigger, Pump action, 2 buttons each side AND a small cluster of Up, Down, Left, Right buttons.

In additional news he is also looking at implementing a option for a "innovative recoil solution" to those who want it. I have no idea what that is at this time but hopfully he will release more details on that soon.
He has stated though that it will not be prioritized over the main project which obviously makes sense.

So all pretty exciting stuff.

He has also promised a detailed performance video to come soon.

So there we have it, I am excited :D

Mike A:
Tell him to sell his IP to a company that can actually produce a product. Production of small run items is not profitable. He will get mired down in fundraising and production problems. Neither of which he has any experience with. He should try to sell what he has to someone else.

Titchgamer:

--- Quote from: Mike A on March 14, 2019, 07:49:05 am ---Tell him to sell his IP to a company that can actually produce a product. Production of small run items is not profitable. He will get mired down in fundraising and production problems. Neither of which he has any experience with. He should try to sell what he has to someone else.

--- End quote ---

Dont think he has any intent of that.

Its his baby and he wants to make the best lightgun solution and make it compatible with as much as he can.

If he sold the idea to a company they would just take it as is and throw them out making max profit in the mean time.
There would be no future updates or systems supported.

As a end user that would be the worse thing imo.

Mike A:
If history is any indication, this has about a zero percent chance of success. And I am rounding up. I hope I am wrong.

Gilrock:
You lost me at Kickstarter.  I will not be burnt again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version