Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Hook turbo twist to Ipac2 or straight to pc?  (Read 1602 times)

rackoon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 28, 2023, 02:29:36 pm
  • I EAT PENCILS!
Hook turbo twist to Ipac2 or straight to pc?
« on: March 13, 2019, 09:22:39 pm »
Ok, so I have a GGG spinner and a Ultimarc Ipac2 and I went to hook up my spinner to the Ipac and got confused.  If I hook it up to the PC it will get reconize as a mouse axis right? Or, should I hook it up to Ipac? If I hook it up to the ipac, how will the spinner board get power. Yes I have the instructions and I have looked at the diagram at GGG's web sight but still a little confused.

To be honest, I am not sure how to hook it up to the Ipac becuse it has yellow green blue and white and the spinner board has  a b c d e f g ect..

I also have a happs track ball that I am wondering if I should hook it up to the ipac and if so will it work as a mouse? :dizzy:
They treated me like an animal and that's what I became.

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 07:06:08 am
  • Designated spam hunter
Re: Hook turbo twist to Ipac2 or straight to pc?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 10:14:31 pm »
Ok, so I have a GGG spinner and a Ultimarc Ipac2 and I went to hook up my spinner to the Ipac and got confused.  If I hook it up to the PC it will get reconize as a mouse axis right? Or, should I hook it up to Ipac? If I hook it up to the ipac, how will the spinner board get power. Yes I have the instructions and I have looked at the diagram at GGG's web sight but still a little confused.

To be honest, I am not sure how to hook it up to the Ipac becuse it has yellow green blue and white and the spinner board has  a b c d e f g ect..

I also have a happs track ball that I am wondering if I should hook it up to the ipac and if so will it work as a mouse? :dizzy:
Your spinner and trackball will show up as mouse axes whether you use an Opti-Wiz (dedicated optical encoder) or I-Pac. (hybrid keyboard/mouse/gamepad encoder)

The question is do you want to isolate the axes so bumping the other control isn't noticed by the game?

If so, you can either:

1. Enable multi-mouse in mame.ini -- you'll need to remap the axis/axes in each game.

2. Use GGG's new OptiWiz 3.0 with Smart-X to switch between spinner and trackball -- no need to remap the axis/axes in each game.
A deliberate and decisive spin to the right on the dormant controller will activate the Smart-X on that controller, which then will lock out and prevent interference from the other, until the same deliberate action is performed on it.  There is an intelligent algorithm in my code which can discern this deliberate action, while ignoring bumps, vibration, etc. in order to prevent unintentional switching.

This only comes into play when a user has a trackball connected to their TurboTwist 2 spinner interface (the new version with Opti-Wiz 3 technology.)  This has several advantages:  Efficiency - the interface only uses a single device report for multiple controls, Cost - an extra interface for a trackball is not necessary, and Ease-of-Configuration - the X-axis mapping is always the same, regardless of whether it is a spinner or trackball game, and no need for extra command line options to keep both controls from being active simultaneously.

Scott
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 10:18:04 pm by PL1 »