Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Suggest a motherboard for me  (Read 1883 times)

keilmillerjr

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 06, 2023, 10:20:39 pm
  • Web Developer.
Suggest a motherboard for me
« on: March 10, 2019, 06:00:10 pm »
3 years ago I assembled a new computer for use with my k7000 and groovymame. Loaded windows, setup attractmode, and that’s about all the time it had seen. Been programming layouts/modules/plugins for attractmode since. Finally about done and wanting to go with GroovyArcade and my finished layout... motherboard isn’t working. Disconnected video card and disks, bought a mb speaker. Ram is fine. Tested voltage on psu and is fine. No video signal from any port on motherboard. I only had a few hours run time on it. :(

Can anyone recommend a replacement? Perhaps one that does bios or UEFI is known to work with 640x480 so I can use atom modified video card bios?

ASUS P8H61-I R2.0 LGA 1155 Intel H61 HDMI USB 3.0 Mini ITX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

Thank you!

Calamity

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2024, 02:02:31 pm
  • Quote me with care
Re: Suggest a motherboard for me
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 04:52:10 pm »
I was going to recommend an ASUS but it seems the one that died was an ASUS too?

I remind Haynor666 had one Asrock which bios was ATOM-15 friendly.
Important note: posts reporting GM issues without a log will be IGNORED.
Steps to create a log:
 - From command line, run: groovymame.exe -v romname >romname.txt
 - Attach resulting romname.txt file to your post, instead of pasting it.

CRT Emudriver, VMMaker & Arcade OSD downloads, documentation and discussion:  Eiusdemmodi

bjt42

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 03, 2022, 06:24:37 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 06:47:15 am »
3 years ago I assembled a new computer for use with my k7000 and groovymame. Loaded windows, setup attractmode, and that’s about all the time it had seen. Been programming layouts/modules/plugins for attractmode since. Finally about done and wanting to go with GroovyArcade and my finished layout... motherboard isn’t working. Disconnected video card and disks, bought a mb speaker. Ram is fine. Tested voltage on psu and is fine. No video signal from any port on motherboard. I only had a few hours run time on it. :(

Can anyone recommend a replacement? Perhaps one that does bios or UEFI is known to work with 640x480 so I can use atom modified video card bios?

ASUS P8H61-I R2.0 LGA 1155 Intel H61 HDMI USB 3.0 Mini ITX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

Thank you!

I have that same Asus board in my cabinet. When boot logo is enabled and using an ATOM-15 flashed card, the boot is 100% silent which is nice. Been stable for me for a few months of heavy use now. Would recommend just getting another if you are happy to stay with 1155.

haynor666

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 03:17:30 am
  • retro maniac
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2019, 11:46:20 am »
I was going to recommend an ASUS but it seems the one that died was an ASUS too?

I remind Haynor666 had one Asrock which bios was ATOM-15 friendly.

I have Asus motherboard which is still fine with G3258 4,2 GHz.