Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Help using analog controls with model 2 emulator  (Read 4560 times)

Zebra

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 19, 2021, 01:12:24 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Help using analog controls with model 2 emulator
« on: March 10, 2019, 05:31:29 pm »
I wanted to ask if anyone here has been able to make analog controls from an Apac work with the model 2 emulator?

I seem to have no issue on racing games but I can't make them work on Gunblade or any other gun game. It allows me to select analog controls in the game menu and choose the Apac x and y axis but when I go back to the game, only the mouse works. When I go back into the controls menu, it has reset to default.

Has anyone else had this issue and is there a fix?

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 05:42:45 pm
Re: Help using analog controls with model 2 emulator
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 07:36:21 am »
The emulator doesn't support it natively on Gunblade.

I haven't had a need for them, but either Demulshooter http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=149714.0
Or Troubleshooter 2 http://dragonking.arcadecontrols.com/static.php?page=aboutTS2
should fix you up.

Zebra

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2019, 05:30:45 pm »
The emulator doesn't support it natively on Gunblade.

I haven't had a need for them, but either Demulshooter http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=149714.0
Or Troubleshooter 2 http://dragonking.arcadecontrols.com/static.php?page=aboutTS2
should fix you up.

Thanks. I give them a try.

I like to use my fixed guns for games that used them in the arcade. I'll never get used to playing Gunblade with a mouse...

Zebra

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2019, 04:36:06 pm »
Neither program works for my problem. They both say they are to use two light guns on games that natively only support one. I tried their force joystick model 2 options but they don't work for Gunblade.

My problem is that I want to use my real arcade directional guns on directional gun games like I do in mame. It's no issue for Act Labs guns or Aimtraks because they both act like a mouse. The Apac I use with my guns is seen as an analog joystick so model 2 gun games won't allow you to use them, even on games where the original arcade used directional guns.

I either need to find a good way of using analog guns as a mouse, or to find a way to make model 2 work with analog controls for gun games.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 05:05:52 pm by Zebra »

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2019, 08:28:27 pm »
Years ago I used a joy2mouse program with my positional gun, but the gun moved in steps like it was on a grid, which ruined the game for me.
I thought for sure one of those programs would work.

Zebra

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2019, 06:16:14 pm »
Years ago I used a joy2mouse program with my positional gun, but the gun moved in steps like it was on a grid, which ruined the game for me.
I thought for sure one of those programs would work.

Yeah it looks like they should work but the emulator lets it down. It's a shame nobody works on those model 2 and model 3 emulators anymore. They both suck and really need work, espiecially as it looks like mame will never offer working model 2 and 3 games.

I know there is a solution because there is a guy on YouTube showing his fixed gun cab playing some model 2 games. Hopefully it's one that can be used by people with no programming skills.

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2019, 08:27:54 pm »
I'd inquire in the Demulshooter thread.  Maybe it's something that wouldn't be too difficult for the author to add.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:59:21 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2019, 01:01:38 am »
I don't know about demulshooter, but ts2 fully supports dual joysticks.  I wrote it specifically for that purpose as wiimotes work best when setup as joysticks, not mice.  I tested gunblade support in particular almost exclusively on my xbox 360 gamepad. 

So download it and give it a try. Just keep in mind that the current release build doesn't support the latest version of m2emu, so you'll have to go back one version.

Zebra

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2019, 04:59:22 pm »
I don't know about demulshooter, but ts2 fully supports dual joysticks.  I wrote it specifically for that purpose as wiimotes work best when setup as joysticks, not mice.  I tested gunblade support in particular almost exclusively on my xbox 360 gamepad. 

So download it and give it a try. Just keep in mind that the current release build doesn't support the latest version of m2emu, so you'll have to go back one version.

Do you have a link to where I can download it?

When I search for TS2 I get this:

https://www.tgw.com/titleist-mens-ts2-driver?SITE_ID=A2004&CID=PLA&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIksHQysaH4QIVj4vICh0bTAhcEAQYASABEgJ8VfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Drnick

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 06, 2023, 01:19:48 pm
  • Plodding Through Life
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2019, 05:13:20 pm »

https://www.tgw.com/titleist-mens-ts2-driver?SITE_ID=A2004&CID=PLA&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIksHQysaH4QIVj4vICh0bTAhcEAQYASABEgJ8VfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
You could try the big link in Howard's Signature, or use this link :)

http://dragonking.arcadecontrols.com/

Zebra

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2019, 04:46:45 pm »

You could try the big link in Howard's Signature, or use this link :)

Thanks.

I have never had much luck getting anything from that Dragon King site to work previously. Hopefully TS2 will be a little (or a lot) more user friendly than mame hooker, a piece of software that has caused monks to set themselves on fire in frustration...

http://dragonking.arcadecontrols.com/

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2019, 08:40:32 pm »
Feel free not to use the free software that I make available out of the goodness of my heart. 

Zebra

• Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2019, 01:48:03 pm »
Feel free not to use the free software that I make available out of the goodness of my heart.

Just saw that TS2 stands for Troubleshooter 2, the program I already said I tried and it did not work.

I don't care if a program is free at this point. I just want one that works.

It doesn't sound like anyone here has a fix for this issue in the M2 emulator so I will try another site.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 02:33:36 pm by Zebra »

Zebra

• Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2019, 04:41:02 pm »
The following also don't work for this purpose:

-Autohotkey: requires coding skills
-Joy2Key
-MotionJoy
-keysticks

These will allow you to move the mouse cursor with an analog stick but not controls the cursor position. I.e. When I use the fixed gun / Apac in mame, the gun movement precisely matches the crosshairs. If I turn the gun half way, the cursor moves half way across the screen. With all the above software, one slight turn (even 2%) sends the cursor sailing to the over side of the screen. Turning the gun more only controls the speed.

Laythe

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 31, 2024, 02:52:10 am
  • "-smurfing- delivers." - Yots
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,149109.0.html
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2019, 08:42:44 pm »
Man, sorry Howard.  I'll offer the apology that I feel like you are owed.  Thanks for what you do.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2019, 01:50:47 pm »
Man, sorry Howard.  I'll offer the apology that I feel like you are owed.  Thanks for what you do.

It's cool man.  Appreciate the support.  :)