Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Setting Hyperspin.exe as High Priority upon Windows 10 Startup  (Read 1810 times)

dgrace

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2024, 01:43:59 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Hello,

In order to improve my arcade experience I am trying to set my Hyperspin.exe as "High" priority so that it starts very quickly upon Windows startup.  It currently takes about 15 seconds for HS to automatically load, which isn't that big of deal, but I know it's possible to load quicker. I set the Hyperspin exe to high priority in task manager, but when I restart Hyperspin it reverts back to "normal" priority. I tried a program called Starter and Prio, set it to High Priority and it even says it's saved to high priority, but still unfortunately didn't work. I've disable any and all other programs that load upon startup and removed any other shortcuts from the startup Shell folder, but still takes like 15 seconds to load.

I am using Win10 and my Hyperspin files are on an external drive and my specs are i5 and GT 1030.

Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thank you

nexusmtz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 01, 2022, 03:14:22 am
Re: Setting Hyperspin.exe as High Priority upon Windows 10 Startup
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2019, 11:16:36 pm »
After you've started it with Starter, what priority is it running at when viewed from Task Manager? Is the process name exactly the same as the one you executed?

Try this test:
Exit Hyperspin
Open a command prompt
Enter: start "Hyperspin" /high "c:\hyperspin\hyperspin.exe" (or whatever your path is)
Time how long it takes
Exit Hyperspin
Enter: start "Hyperspin" /low "c:\hyperspin\hyperspin.exe"
Time how long it takes

If there's little difference, then priority isn't going to help.