Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Teraburst gun to Guncon 2 project. I need a little help on the relay connection.  (Read 2744 times)

Zebra

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 19, 2021, 01:12:24 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
I have been converting my Konami Teraburst guns to use as Guncon 2 machine guns on my PS2 and PC:

It's a relatively straight forward project as there is enough room in these shells (after a little dremel work) to fit an (almost) un-modified Guncon 2 board:

It only required that I cut the trigger wires from the ribbon cable to connect them to the new guns trigger button. And cutting the start / select board to wire it to the button on the front grip. The button on the bottom of the GC2 grip is going to a pedal I have.

The part I am struggling with a little is using my DC / DC solid state relay to activate the recoil motor with the guns trigger switch:

I can activate a regular powered relay board I have with the trigger (as it has it's own 5v psu) but the GC2 trigger doesn't seem to have enough power to activate the solid state relay.

The SS relay activates with as little as 3v (apparently). Any thoughts on why the GC2 trigger does not activate it would be appreciated....

Has anyone here had any luck using a solid state relay with a GC2 trigger? Did it require an additional mosfet?

gstav

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 01:40:48 pm
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,157861.0.html
Did you ever got this project to fly? Would be awesome to see the guns in action  :cheers:
"One coin to rule em' all"