Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: PPSSPP on Android analog settings?  (Read 7916 times)

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 25, 2024, 08:10:48 pm
PPSSPP on Android analog settings?
« on: October 25, 2020, 11:21:38 am »
Been tinkering with emulators on my phone this week (LG V35, Snapdragon 845).  I was shocked to see some 3D games running full speed on MAME4droid (v.139u1) so I ventured into emulators for newer hardware.
ReDream is working great for Dreamcast after switching from cdi images to gdi.  Crazy Taxi plays great.  Spurred on by there being no Madden game for dreamcast, I gave PPSSPP a whirl.
Holy crap....Outrun 2006 running full speed on a phone! (after turning on frameskip)

On top of that, my phone received an update that allows it to output HDMI over the USB-C port.
One expensive USB-C hub later and I have the phone hooked up to the charger, HDMI, and two wired xbox360 controllers.  (actually one wireless dongle in the pic)
This is gonna be cool for travel.

Problem is that I can't seem to get the analog controls in PPSSPP dialed in on Outrun2006 or Wipeout Pulse.
Is anyone else running these and feel they've got the analog settings dialed in?
If so what are your settings?

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
Re: PPSSPP on Android analog settings?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2020, 02:43:53 pm »
After fiddling and play-testing for a couple hours  :o , a sensitivity of 1.88 and analog limiter of 1 yielded the best results on Outrun with both onscreen controls and generic xinput gamepad.
Not perfect, but as good as it is going to get.

As far as I can tell, "Analog Limiter" is what used to be called joystick saturation; how far you have to move the stick before the game sees it as moved all the way.
It says keyboard control settings above it, so I could be wrong.  Sure seems like reducing it makes the joystick more sensitive though. (by reducing the amount of movement needed to move all the way in a direction)

Pretty sure the keyboard control settings label goes with Analog Auto-Rotation speed above.  This is like the Digital Speed setting in MAME.  It determines how fast the virtual analog stick "moves" when a digital key is pressed.

XSFDriver

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 28, 2023, 11:02:22 pm
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2020, 06:43:24 am »
Hi Badmouth, I dunno if this is any help, but I've had a lot of success with the PS3 dualshock 3 controller on android... that is if you've got one of 'em. Might be worth checking it out:

https://sixaxis-controller.en.uptodown.com/android

https://sixaxispairtool.en.lo4d.com/windows

(both listed as "freeware")

...it says you need your android device "rooted" to use it, but I "think" you can use the "sixaxis pair tool" (on PC) to get around that (device MAC address is listed in bottom corner when you run "sixaxis controller" app)

... not %100 sure though 'cause the android tablet I use it on IS "rooted".

Hope this helps,
Cheers  :cheers:

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2020, 08:39:15 pm »
Bought a Razer Kishi and the analog seems to work better with it.  I have much better control of the car anyway.
Then I noticed the game itself has a sensitivity setting that I could have been tweaking.  :banghead:

Been going around humming Splash Wave for the past week.   :)