Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Daytona USA Online (PS3)  (Read 8300 times)

MrThunderwing

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 03:06:18 pm
  • As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
Daytona USA Online (PS3)
« on: March 03, 2019, 11:02:58 am »
Hey fellas, so myself and a couple of other guys are going to play some PS3 online Daytona tomorrow at 7pm (UK time). Anyone fancy joining us?

Zebra

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 19, 2021, 01:12:24 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Daytona USA Online (PS3)
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2019, 06:10:33 pm »
Funny, I was just playing Daytona and Sega Ralley on my PS3 today (after not touching them for years).

If only I would have seen this ahead of time. I thought I was the only one who still played those games on the PS3. IMO, it's the best way to play them at home. Far less buggy and more accurate than on my PC model 2 emulator.

Plus, the FFB on my Logitech wheel just works without messing around with new drivers or plugins etc...

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2019, 06:40:07 pm »
You've still got time mate, it's not until tomorrow (Monday 4th).

clos2345

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 04, 2022, 08:29:38 pm
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2019, 01:08:53 am »
I'd love to join but am in the US and will be at the office at that time. Since the time difference is always going to be an issue during the week I'd love to get a session in on a weekend sometime. My PSN user name is C-Los_80 if you want to add me. 

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2019, 04:46:25 pm »
I'll try and arrange a weekend session sometime. Don't worry about adding me, if we arrange times you just need to search for online games and you should be good  8)

Has anyone here also got the PS3 version of Outrun Online Arcade? I'd be interested to see if you can still do online games with it. If anyone's got it and want to see if online multiplayer still works with me - give me a shout and we can get something set up.

We managed to get up to 5 players on this Daytona session. Woo hoo  :)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 04:49:45 pm by MrThunderwing »

clos2345

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2019, 07:07:05 pm »
I wish I had picked up Outrun Online on PS3 but only have it on X360 unfortunately.  As for Daytona, are you playing with a wheel?  If so do you get the strange constant vibrating when turning the wheel even with slight movements?  The ffb feels strange compared to the M2 emulator.

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2019, 07:50:32 pm »
The wheel is constantly vibrating, but I can't say I noticed it doing anything odd when turning, it just felt appropriate. I find the FFB in Model 2 Emulator Daytona very weak, I much prefer it in the PS3 version. I've got it cranked up to max and if you clip a CPU car or lose control of the car the FFB does feel like it could rip your arm off.

clos2345

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2019, 09:26:36 pm »
Maybe it's just me then because I don't recall the constant vibration in the arcade and it's just never felt right playing the PS3 or X360 (on X1) versions. Besides that they handle fantastic.

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2019, 07:14:17 am »
TBH, it's been so long since i played an actual Daytona USA arcade machine I couldn't really compare the two.

Here's a quick video upload from last night on 777 Speedway:

shaolindrunkard

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 19, 2021, 11:13:43 am
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2019, 11:45:55 am »
I'll try and arrange a weekend session sometime. Don't worry about adding me, if we arrange times you just need to search for online games and you should be good  8)

Has anyone here also got the PS3 version of Outrun Online Arcade? I'd be interested to see if you can still do online games with it. If anyone's got it and want to see if online multiplayer still works with me - give me a shout and we can get something set up.

I completely missed out on Outrun online arcade. If I had known about it at the time I probably would have bought it on both platforms. If only the freaking Lan worked properly in the PC version we could all play it via Lan tunneling... :(

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 18, 2024, 02:38:32 am
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2019, 10:21:11 pm »
I actually have OOA PS3 on one of my PS3 hard drives, but can't access it because the PS3 OS thinks I don't own it some chit. It's weird. I think I'll have to have it modded or something. But, don't worry guys, from what I understand, Reaver is working on getting the online functionality working in OutRun 2SP DX for Teknoparrot. :cheers:

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2019, 06:12:24 am »
Some more gameplay footage, this time from Dinosaur Canyon:

shaolindrunkard

• Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2019, 07:41:35 am »
I actually have OOA PS3 on one of my PS3 hard drives, but can't access it because the PS3 OS thinks I don't own it some chit. It's weird. I think I'll have to have it modded or something. But, don't worry guys, from what I understand, Reaver is working on getting the online functionality working in OutRun 2SP DX for Teknoparrot. :cheers:

When you say online functionality do you mean LAN? Or was there an actual online mode? Wow, I just watched a recent video of the game running on Teknoparrot, looks like they have ironed out a lot of the bugs they were having before sounds promising! Man, if we could just get a Version of OR2 running with good lan functionality that would make me want to get my 4 player cabinet project going again.

shaolindrunkard

• Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2019, 07:51:50 am »
Just watched this video, looks like you can now even adjust the sun glare effect in the game through TP. That's cool. Also looks like there are LAN setting in the menu. Maybe they are already there with the LAN. Its hard to follow TPs progress sometimes. But yeah check out the video at 9:01

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2019, 02:13:28 pm »

When you say online functionality do you mean LAN? Or was there an actual online mode? Wow, I just watched a recent video of the game running on Teknoparrot, looks like they have ironed out a lot of the bugs they were having before sounds promising! Man, if we could just get a Version of OR2 running with good lan functionality that would make me want to get my 4 player cabinet project going again.

Yeah I think it's LAN....I'm not sure but I *THINK* Teknoparrot lets you play online even with LAN only games. The InitialD games were LAN only and people are still playing them online via TeknoParrot. Boomslang could probably jump in here and correct me if I'm wrong.

Thuinderwing those are great vids mate. I gotta hook up with you guys some and get a game goin' one of these days  :cheers:

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2019, 07:09:03 pm »
Defo mate  :cheers:

Zebra

• Offline Offline
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2019, 04:58:51 pm »
The wheel is constantly vibrating, but I can't say I noticed it doing anything odd when turning, it just felt appropriate. I find the FFB in Model 2 Emulator Daytona very weak, I much prefer it in the PS3 version. I've got it cranked up to max and if you clip a CPU car or lose control of the car the FFB does feel like it could rip your arm off.

Me too. I prefer my PS3 for Daytona, Sega Ralley and any other driving games. All the messing around to get things like ffb working right in model 2 and 3 emulators is too irritating for me. I like that a logitech and a PS3 just works on every driving game correctly. There are no special drivers or custom plug-ins, or command-line BS.

Also, the model 2 emulation on the PS3 is complete. There are no noticeable glitches. Model 2 and 3 emulators have been a work in progress with no actual progress for a decade. And, the PS3 version of Daytona and Sega Ralley are optimized for an HD display.

Sega Ralley on my crt arcade monitor in 480p looks amazing:

Zebra

• Offline Offline
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2019, 05:02:27 pm »

I completely missed out on Outrun online arcade. If I had known about it at the time I probably would have bought it on both platforms. If only the freaking Lan worked properly in the PC version we could all play it via Lan tunneling... :(

Is it not available anymore? I am fairly sure the PS3 store is still open as I bought Double Dragon Neon recently. Did the game get pulled like MVC2?

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2020, 05:49:21 am »
Sorry for the necro bump, but going to be playing some online Daytona USA on the PS3 today at 2pm UK time with with a couple of other lads if anyone else wants to join in.

clos2345

• Offline Offline
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2020, 10:33:25 pm »
Bummed I’m just now seeing this...would have loved to join.  We’re you able get a full lobby?  It’s difficult to do these days unless it’s a planned event.

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2020, 03:42:46 pm »
The maximum we had playing was 4 people, but this was with a couple of diffrent people dropping in and out. Shame we couldn't get all of them together.

John202006

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 12, 2020, 12:32:13 pm
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2020, 10:27:53 am »
Anyone still play ps3 version, pls join now

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2020, 12:54:56 pm »
Apologise for the necro bump but...

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2020, 08:43:00 am »
Managed to get a full 8 player lobby going this time! It stayed full (only dropping down to 7 at one point) for the entirety of the time we played!

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2020, 09:16:06 am »
Managed to get a full 8 player lobby going this time! It stayed full (only dropping down to 7 at one point) for the entirety of the time we played!

Dude that is a great video! They're just too short. Please record the entire session. Tell the guys you want to continue the Daytona session for at least another 2hrs so that Isamu can watch and enjoy it while he's at work!  :cheers:

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2020, 05:29:39 pm »
Honestly mate, it's better this way so I can show you the edited highlights. If I uploaded the whole 2 and a half hours it'd be 50% of me crashing and driving badly on the Expert track, although I am finally starting to sort-of get the hang of it now...

isamu

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2020, 09:39:05 pm »
LOL I gotcha mate no worries. well looking forward to more vids  :cheers: