Arcade Collecting > Arcade1Up & Similar

Ordered a pallet of Arcade1ups - what could possibly go wrong?

<< < (10/10)

pbj:
I don't owe you a thing.

leapinlew:
Last update - I forgot to post this a long time ago.

When I ordered those, Arcade1up had a giveaway for "deck protectors". That's what they call their plexi overlays. Anyhow, I ordered some for the machines. While waiting for the deck protectors to arrive, I was actively getting rid of the arcade1ups. When they finally arrived, I sold them all. In June these were in short supply and people were paying good money for them. Well, the Deck protectors sold for $150, lol.

All said and done, I kept 2 machines and made $200.

MrThunderwing:
Interesting read. I'm glad you were able to recoup your initial costs, even if you only ended up with a tiny profit. So really, Walmart slashing their prices was the big issue, by the sounds of it. You'd have been rolling in cash if you'd sold them over here in the UK, we've got a piss poor selection and they're still selling for around the 350 mark brand new (about 470 dollars-ish).

leapinlew:

--- Quote from: MrThunderwing on January 06, 2022, 04:44:01 am ---Interesting read. I'm glad you were able to recoup your initial costs, even if you only ended up with a tiny profit. So really, Walmart slashing their prices was the big issue, by the sounds of it. You'd have been rolling in cash if you'd sold them over here in the UK, we've got a piss poor selection and they're still selling for around the 350 mark brand new (about 470 dollars-ish).

--- End quote ---

All said and done, with the deck protectors, I made about 20% profit, or $200 and kept 2 machines for myself. If I would've held on to them a year, I would've made considerably more because the price of them had increased from the time I was selling them. At the time, Walmart reduced them to $75 and it forced me to rush thinking it was the new price point. Just the other day they released a $1,000 arcade model.

In the UK and Canada, they are still super expensive.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version