Arcade Collecting > Arcade1Up & Similar

Ordered a pallet of Arcade1ups - what could possibly go wrong?

<< < (3/10) > >>

Howard_Casto:
200 is going to be a hard sell considering Walmart just marked them down to 199 in most places.  I wish you luck. 

Zebra:
If they don't sell you can just open an arcade for dwarfs.

JDFan:

--- Quote from: leapinlew on February 23, 2019, 10:29:21 pm ---
--- Quote from: yotsuya on February 23, 2019, 10:18:19 pm ---Out of curiosity, what do the CPs on those built cabs look like?

--- End quote ---

It's 1/2" MDF for the sides, the CP, a few internal supports and the marquee. The rest is 1/8". The CP has a large plastic cover underneath to hide all the wires. The artwork on these CP's is where they really screwed up.

--- End quote ---

Think he means what shape was the artwork on the CP in -- Trying to figure out if the units were display models (where the art would be worn off) or actual customer returns ( Most Walmarts were not taking them back once assembled and would have the customer contact A1U for warranty service instead.

leapinlew:

--- Quote from: Howard_Casto on February 23, 2019, 10:31:03 pm ---200 is going to be a hard sell considering Walmart just marked them down to 199 in most places.  I wish you luck.

--- End quote ---

Your right Howie! No hits after a week. I dropped them to $175, and I finally sold the Street Fighter with riser for $175. The other cabinets sat idle with no interest for a week.

I renewed the Craigslist listing and lowered the price to $150. I sold the 3 new in box Pac-Mans. In total, I've recovered $625.

The artwork and 60-n-1 kit arrived, so I modded a cabinet. I listed it for $425 on Craigslist.

All in, I have $1,200 invested in this adventure (I spent $200 for the new artwork and 60-n-1). I've sold $625 worth of arcades and what's left is an open box centipede, new in box asteroids 1 fully functioning put together pac-man, 2 shells of arcade1ups and a modded cabinet.

leapinlew:

--- Quote from: JDFan on February 23, 2019, 10:43:35 pm ---
--- Quote from: leapinlew on February 23, 2019, 10:29:21 pm ---
--- Quote from: yotsuya on February 23, 2019, 10:18:19 pm ---Out of curiosity, what do the CPs on those built cabs look like?

--- End quote ---

It's 1/2" MDF for the sides, the CP, a few internal supports and the marquee. The rest is 1/8". The CP has a large plastic cover underneath to hide all the wires. The artwork on these CP's is where they really screwed up.

--- End quote ---

Think he means what shape was the artwork on the CP in -- Trying to figure out if the units were display models (where the art would be worn off) or actual customer returns ( Most Walmarts were not taking them back once assembled and would have the customer contact A1U for warranty service instead.

--- End quote ---

Oh, I get ya.

The CP artwork is crap. They scratch, scuff, etc. way easy. The models I got weren't floor models. None of them had a ton of wear and tear, but I wouldn't be comfortable selling them as is.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version