Arcade Collecting > Arcade1Up & Similar

Ordered a pallet of Arcade1ups - what could possibly go wrong?

(1/10) > >>

leapinlew:
About 5-6 weeks ago, I impulsively ordered a pallet of Arcade1ups from liquidation site directliquidation.com. If you aren't familiar with the whole liquidation thing, no worries, neither was I. I learned that when someone returns something to certain vendors (like Walmart, Target, Amazon, etc) they don't put it back on the shelves, or sell it at some outlet store, they send them to a central location, where like-and-kind items are gathered and sold to the highest bidder. Crazy huh? Well, it was crazy to me, I didn't realize that's how it worked.

I was checking out the Direct Liquidation site and found a pallet that said it had 11 items and it listed those items as Portable Speakers, but the pictures shows an image of Arcade1ups. It was the only pallet that had Arcades on it. I felt that it was a price mistake, and I thought "Heck, Arcade1ups are selling for $300 at most stores. If I can sell these for $200, I'd be making money". I made a bid and set my maximum bid at $750 and then went to sleep.

Part of my motivation is that my arcade fund is self funded. As a hobby, I buy\sell stuff so I don't have any guilt for using house funds to pay for arcade games. I've sold dozens of games after modifying them. I saw this as a quick cash grab. Turn them around and add some slush to the arcade slush fund.

I woke up and instantly regretted my decision. I recently started a new job. I was studying for some new certifications. I didn't really have time to take on this kind of project. I anxiously waited for the auction to end and cursing myself for not waiting to place a bid till the morning. I had time, no idea why I didn't wait to see if I felt the same way in the morning. Till the last second, I was winning the auction at $640. The auction ended and I had a surprise. Not only did I win, but I won with my maximum dollar. I suppose it's possible someone bid it up to my highest amount, seems fishy though....

leapinlew:
The next surprise was the shipping costs. The estimator said it would cost $160, but it cost $240 when it was time to ship. 8 days later it was in my garage:

I moved them into the dining room. Still kind of annoyed that I had picked up a project I had no real time for:

I ignored them for several days. I just had to many other things to do.

More to come!

yotsuya:
You just made -1 wet his

opt2not:
“A fool and his money shall soon be parted” — that instantly came to mind, reading this. Hope it works out for you, but that’s definitely not a horse I would bet on.

JDFan:

--- Quote from: opt2not on February 23, 2019, 07:45:16 pm ---“A fool and his money shall soon be parted” — that instantly came to mind, reading this. Hope it works out for you, but that’s definitely not a horse I would bet on.

--- End quote ---

At least he got them a few weeks ago and at a decent cost -- right now some idiots have found the site and are bidding ridiculous prices -- For example the one attached - still a day + left on the auction and it's already at 88% of full retail not including the outrageous shipping charges ! ( Can buy them cheaper at Walmart )

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version