Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: FS - Repro Marquee Holders - Vewlix, Astro City, Egret, Capcom Cute and others  (Read 10977 times)

ckong

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2020, 06:48:09 pm
  • Retro Games forever!
I make repro Marquee Holders for several Candy Cab types, see the list below for the ones that are available right now. :D And if there is enough interest I can make others too. At least, as long as I can get my hands on the original marquee holder to recreate a faithful reproduction, or if someone can give accurate measurements.

Prices of the Repro Marquee Holders, ready to order now  :D :

1. Vewlix (design A) > € 55
2. Vewlix (design B) > € 45
3. (New) Astro City and Astro City 2 (design A)> € 45,00
4. (New) Astro City and Astro City 2 (design B)> € 45,00
5. Egret II / Egret 3 / AWSD > € 40
6. Naomi Universal / Net City / New Net City > € 50
7. Capcom Cute > € 45
8. Super Neo 29 / Super Neo 29 Candy > € 55
9. Super Neo 29 Type II € 65
10. Capcom Impress > € 50
11. Universal City (Chinese New Astro City clone) > € 45
12. Sega Versus City > € 55

Mounting bolts and dome nuts are included, but shipping from The Netherlands is additional.

Shipping costs
- shipping costs in The Netherlands is € 7 (max. 10kg)
- shipping costs to most countries in Europe is € 15.50 for one marquee holder and € 22 for two or three marquee holders (the same or mixed).
- shipping to USA, Canada and other countries outside Europe is € 26.80 for one marquee holder and € 36.80 for two or three marquee holders (the same or mixed).

For shipping costs of Naomi Universal / Net City / New Net City and the Super Neo 29 Type II marquee holders, please contact me. These marquee holders are much heavier than the other ones.

All marquee holders come with protection foil (both sides), which can be removed easily. I will make them on order or in small batches, so please give me a week or so after payment to ship them out. Payment has to be made through Paypal, gift or otherwise. Paypal fees will be paid by the buyer. You can read my feedback in this forum.

Specs:

1. Vewlix Marquee Holder (design A). Lasercut  from a piece of 5mm thick clear acrylic for the backpanel and a thin 0.75mm clear film for the frontpanel, just like the original marquee holder. It is the best reproduction of the original that you can get (see the images below). It comes with:

- 5 Stainless Steel A2 M4 x 8mm Allen button head screws
- 2 Stainless Steel A2 M4 x 12mm Allen button head screws
- 5 Stainless Steel A2 M4 dome nuts

2. Vewlix Marquee Holder (design B). Lasercut  from 3mm and 2mm clear acrylic, making it 5mm thick. The marquee holder is a faithful reproduction of the original. It comes with:

- 5 Stainless Steel A2 M4 dome nuts

3. (New) Astro City / Astro City 2 Marquee Holder (design A). Lasercut from 1 piece of 4mm thick clear acrylic for the frontpanel and a thin 0.5mm thin clear film for the backpanel, just like the original. Because of this thin film, the marquee holder is an almost identical reproduction of the original and it includes two square mounting supports. I will send the mounting supports loose with the marquee holder, so you can decide yourself if you want to mount the marquee holder with or without a gap. It comes with:

- 2 Stainless Steel A2 M4 x 8mm Allen button head screws
- 2 Stainless Steel A2 M4 x 16mm Allen button head screws
- 2 Stainless Steel A2 M4 dome nuts
- 2 mounting supports, each 4mm thick clear acrylic  with 3M 467MP adhesive tape on one side

4. (New) Astro City / Astro City 2 Marquee Holder (design B). Lasercut from 2 pieces of 2mm clear acrylic, making it 4mm thick. The marquee holder is a faithful reproduction of the original and it includes two square mounting supports. I will send the mounting supports loose with the marquee holder, so you can decide yourself if you want to mount the marquee holder with or without a gap. It comes with:

- 2 mounting supports, each 4mm thick clear acrylic  with 3M 467MP adhesive tape on one side

5. Egret II / Egret 3 / Sammy Atomiswave Marquee Holder. Lasercut from 2 pieces of 2mm clear acrylic, making it 4mm thick. The marquee holder is a faithful reproduction of the original and it comes with:

- 3 Stainless Steel A2 M4 dome nuts
- 2 Stainless Steel M4 washers

6. Naomi Universal / Net City / New Net City Marquee Holder. Lasercut  from two pieces of 3mm clear acrylic, making it 6mm thick. The marquee holder is a faithful reproduction of the original and it comes with:

- 6 Stainless Steel A2 M4 x 8mm Allen button head screws
- 6 Stainless Steel A2 M4 dome nut

7. Capcom Cute Marquee Holder. Lasercut  from two pieces of 3mm clear acrylic, making it 6mm thick. The marquee holder is a faithful reproduction of the original, including the Capcom logo. It comes with:

- 3 Stainless Steel A2 M4 x 10mm Allen button head screws
- 1 Stainless Steel A2 M4 dome nut
- 2 Stainless Steel M4 washers

8. Super Neo 29 / Super Neo 29 Candy Marquee Holder. Lasercut  from two pieces of 3mm clear acrylic and 2 white acrylic strips, making it 6mm thick. The marquee holder is a faithful reproduction of the original and it comes with:

- 6 Stainless Steel A2 M4 x 10mm Allen button head screws

9. Super Neo 29 Type II Marquee Holder. Lasercut  from two pieces of 3mm clear acrylic and 2 white acrylic strips, making it 6mm thick. The marquee holder is a faithful reproduction of the original and it comes with:

- 6 Stainless Steel A2 M4 x 10mm Allen button head screws

10. Capcom Impress MArquee Holder. Lasercut  from two pieces of 3mm clear acrylic, making it 6mm thick. The marquee holder is a faithful reproduction of the original and it comes with:

- 2 Stainless Steel A2 M4 x 10mm Allen button head screws
- 4 Stainless Steel A2 M4 dome nuts

11. (New) Universal City Marquee Holder (Chinese clone of New Astro City). Lasercut from 2 pieces of 2mm clear acrylic, making it 4mm thick. Apparently this game cabinet has no original marquee holder and I made this one on request. It is based on the one for the NAC but the cab mounting holes are placed differently. It also doesn't have mounting supports. The marquee holder comes with:

- 3 Stainless Steel A2 M4 x 16mm Allen button head screws

12. Sega Versus City. Lasercut from 2 pieces of 4mm clear acrylic, making it 8mm thick. Like the original marquee holder this reproduction also has a center piece which is made of a 0.3mm thin white polyester sheet, without printed artwork. The marquee holder comes with:

Here are some pictures of a few marquee holders that were made recently:

Vewlix (design A)

Vewlix (design B)

Egret / AWSD

(New) Astro City / Astro City 2 (design A)

(New) Astro City / Astro City 2 (design B)

NeoGeo Super Neo 29 / Super Neo 29 Candy

Capcom Impress

Capcom Cute

(New) Net City / Universal

NeoGeo Super Neo 29 Type II

Sega Versus city

« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 02:45:51 pm by ckong »

ckong

• Offline Offline
  • Retro Games forever!
Pictures from happy customers:

« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 02:58:20 pm by ckong »

ckong

• Offline Offline
  • Retro Games forever!
A few days ago I got some very nice Capcom logo stickers in house, professionally printed by forum member joeks. And they came right on time, so I could finish 3 Capcom Cute marquee holders.

Boxed and ready to go, together with an Astro City 2 marquee holder  :D

ckong

• Offline Offline
  • Retro Games forever!
I added a few new reproductions to the list:

Super Neo 29 (Candy)

Capcom Impress

And a Universal City. This was probably a one-time job, but you never know. :)

ckong

• Offline Offline
  • Retro Games forever!
I was visiting the Dutch National Videogame Museum yesterday

The have a small row of Vewlix with a few repro marquee holders that I made for them. Looking awesome

ckong

• Offline Offline
  • Retro Games forever!
UPDATE about a few redesigns that I recently made.

I added redesigned marquee holders for the Vewlix and for the (New) Astro City, I call them design A. The former designs (B) are still available because some of you may like them more.

The two redesigned marquee holders are now made of one thick piece of clear acrylic and a thin clear film, just like the original marquee holders. This makes them even more faithful. It made the Vewlix holder (design A) a bit more expensive because of the higher material costs and material handling. The redesigned (New) Astro holder didn't  get a price increase.

Details and more pictures of these redesigns are in the OP.

And thx to a few people, for instance hikaru, I was able to draw up a great reproduction of the Super Neo 29 Type II marquee holder. I will lasercut a few the coming week, but I have already added it to the OP.  :D

Next up (won't be a runner) is the marquee holder for the Versus City. This one is very much the same as the Astro City.  :)

ckong

• Offline Offline
  • Retro Games forever!
I got this picture yesterday from a happy customer, it's a Vewlix repro marquee holder design A

And while the rest of the country was enjoying the beautiful weather, I was making these

The big ones at the back are the new Super Neo 29 Type II marquee holders. They are huge  :awe: >

For comparison, here is the same one, but with the regular Super Neo 29 (Candy) marquee on top.  :-o

And I made a few Versus City marquee holders, with a thin 0.3mm plastic film in the center.

Anyway, they are all packed and ready to be send to you guys ?(not all of you of course  :D   ). Some of them go to the UK, I hope that they get there in time.  :roll:

ckong

• Offline Offline
  • Retro Games forever!
A few customer's pics of the marquee holder that he received today

It's a great match with his cab. :)

laevateinn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 20, 2020, 03:29:23 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Are these still for sale? I'd just send a PM but my account is brand new and I don't think I'm allowed. I'm interested in the Capcom Impress one.

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 06:46:32 am
  • Designated spam hunter
I'd just send a PM but my account is brand new
Your PMs should be enabled now.   :cheers:

Scott

joeks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 13, 2023, 02:14:29 pm
Are these still for sale? I'd just send a PM but my account is brand new and I don't think I'm allowed. I'm interested in the Capcom Impress one.

Hi, not sure if ckong (Erik) helped you out with your marquee yet, but he retired from making them and let me continue his marquee holder orders with his permission. He is a good friend of mine and we are both located in The Netherlands.
I need to start my own topic, but for now you can contact me for orders. Here is my website www.arcadeartrepro.com.
Thank you!

Barry