Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: New Munsters Pinball Machine!!!  (Read 8960 times)

Ian

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 26, 2021, 01:50:35 am
  • "A day without Laughter is a day wasted"
New Munsters Pinball Machine!!!
« on: February 15, 2019, 09:42:01 am »
Thought I would share the newest machine from Stern. Very cool looking pin. This is a John Borg design (that according to the people) is the best shooting Borg yet. Code by the Pin famous Dwight Sullivan, And art from the stud Christopher Franchi What do you guys think? Looks like a fantastic shooting pin, the lower playfield in the Premium and LE has "2 mini flippers, 2 ramps, a Grandpa bash target, a digital number display, and a multiball feature". Crazy looking cool black and white premium too!

Pro Model

Premium

Limited Edition

« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 09:47:17 am by Ian »
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

Ken Layton

• Guru
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2021, 12:25:59 am
  • Technician
Re: New Munsters Pinball Machine!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2019, 12:14:49 pm »
There has already been a code update for it.

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:47:13 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2019, 12:54:01 pm »
We have one of these machines.

only issue we have seen so far is the plastic near Herman Munster toy (part # 830-1018-19)... it has a long "tail" of plastic allong the left side that can get banged by the ball and snap off. Stern left it flapping in the breeze. I ended up cutting a sheet of lexan to match the part... but left it a liitle wide along that edge to help protect it. hopefully stern fixes this and puts a post or something, cause the rail doesn't cut it...and if the part snaps off, there is an opto left exposed that can also get broken off/shorted out.

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:58:32 pm
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2019, 12:59:09 pm »
Played this one at Zapcon.  Both with and without the lower playfield.  The artwork is painful to look at and I found it kind of boring.  I guess they were going for an Addam's Family / Haunted House nostalgia thing but meh.

Ken Layton

• Guru
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2021, 12:25:59 am
  • Technician
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2019, 11:56:29 am »
A friend just bought a "used" Munsters Pro model. It had version 0.99 game code on it when he bought it. He updated it to the latest game code version 1.02. What a difference that made! It's really a fun game to play.

He also bought a brand new Elvira's House of Horrors LE and it's a fantastic game!