Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Ami F120 modification  (Read 1716 times)

alrolon800

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 10, 2019, 07:47:51 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Ami F120 modification
« on: February 03, 2019, 06:49:33 am »
My AMI f120 was modded before I got it. it is mostly original with the old amp still installed but disconnected. an old radio shack stereo amp (very small) was installed and a stereo cartridge installed. I repaired power supply  all crumbling cables and have the mech working including coin slot. They installed a white flat ribbon cable (4 conductor) from the tone arm cartridge all the way to the amp. I installed a small stereo amp after removing the radio shack amp. It has a separate output for the base speaker. So its left/right horns and center base. I get a hum that I reduced by adding ground  wires to everything. I think I need to get a shielded tone arm cable and wire my cartridge to be Mono from cartridge to amp. what do you think.  I select a song and it plays great and loud without the preamp I bought. (cheap) but hum still there. it plays with me as I touch that thin ribbon cable. a fifteen foot shielded mono cable is 35 bucks and I just don't want to throw money away on this. All I need is about seven feet. Thanks. Albert.