Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: First cabinet/arcade build  (Read 1130 times)

twistedterrain

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 27, 2022, 07:15:26 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
First cabinet/arcade build
« on: February 11, 2019, 07:48:46 am »
Hi!

I am taking on the project of building my own arcade cabinet. I already have a donor PC and monitor that I will be using. I have all MAME using Hyperspin and RocketLauncher as my front end. I have the games running properly from within RL but I downloaded some intro movies to play and some artwork for a couple and I can hear the attract sounds from the movies but they are not playing and none of the artwork or snaps are displaying at all. I have gone through the setup and build a couple times now and I need to ask for help. If I am using the incorrect front ends or if there is a file type mismatch I'm not aware of please let me know. I have looked around here and other forums for any answer and I cannot find anything. Also my PC is running Windows 10 PRO as I want to be able to connect to my wireless network for updates in the future. I have HAPP 4/8 way joysticks and 6 buttons for a two player setup along with the player 1/2 and coin buttons for each player. I am thinking about adding a track ball and spinner in the future.

keilmillerjr

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 06, 2023, 10:20:39 pm
  • Web Developer.
Re: First cabinet/arcade build
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 12:59:22 pm »
Some things to check:
* install video card drivers
* artwork must always follow mame rom naming scheme
* there could be a video codec issue. Try installing ffmpeg? Download from a different source? Re-encode with handbrake?