Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Proper way to use Arcade OSD?  (Read 23309 times)

Neilalphazeta

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 05, 2023, 10:35:42 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Proper way to use Arcade OSD?
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2019, 06:26:33 pm »
So I gave it a go and it seems to have made no difference. I was still running most of the games that weren't running natively in 480i. It's not a big problem, was worth trying anyway.  :)

I was running some of my favorite arcade games such as some CPS2 and just thinking how remarkable Groovymame is. I could swear I can't see the slightest difference between Cadillacs and Dinosaurs on this and the actual arcades which I used to play a lot on.

On a side note, is there any way to stop Mame from showing messages for imperfect games? It's not a big deal but if there's something I can add to the ini without breaking anything or causing any issues I'd do it.

Arroyo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 01:44:51 am
  • Budgets are boring
    • newforum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,156267.0.html
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2019, 06:36:35 pm »
So I gave it a go and it seems to have made no difference. I was still running most of the games that weren't running natively in 480i. It's not a big problem, was worth trying anyway.  :)

I was running some of my favorite arcade games such as some CPS2 and just thinking how remarkable Groovymame is. I could swear I can't see the slightest difference between Cadillacs and Dinosaurs on this and the actual arcades which I used to play a lot on.

On a side note, is there any way to stop Mame from showing messages for imperfect games? It's not a big deal but if there's something I can add to the ini without breaking anything or causing any issues I'd do it.

You’d have to install a no nag version of Groovymame, I bookmarked this from someone else’s post:

https://b4nd1t0.blogspot.com/?m=1

Yeah I don’t expect that the settings would make a lot of difference although you may get some more accurate speeds without invoking triple buffering because you might indicate a wider range of modelines to choose from because you used Arcade 15.  One thing I noticed after posting before was that the upper frequency range in the mame.ini should probably be clamped down for these TV’s to be close to 60hz as going above that causes the same problem as going below the 59.xxHz.

Neilalphazeta

• Offline Offline
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2019, 01:43:38 am »
I wasn't aware this was no longer removable through the settings. I was sure in the past there was something in the ini to stop the nag but it definitely no longer seems to be there. It's not that big a deal so I'm not sure I want to undergo a fresh install and having to set mame all up again, but thanks for the link, good to know. :)

Paradroid

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2024, 04:50:06 pm
    • SCART Hunter
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2019, 02:59:27 am »
It's not that big a deal so I'm not sure I want to undergo a fresh install and having to set mame all up again, but thanks for the link, good to know. :)

Just copy the MAME executable from that link into your existing folder and you'll be good to go. No need to redo anything else.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

My MAME/SCART/CRT blog: SCART Hunter

Neilalphazeta

• Offline Offline
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2019, 09:53:50 am »
I won't need to reconfigure every key shortcut and button layout for all games? If so then I'm in.  :D

tisurame

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2024, 11:10:59 am
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2019, 07:37:09 am »

1. What do the Horizontal and Vertical sync pulse values do and should I even touch them? They also seem to move automatically when I change porch values.

These are pretty much standard so there's little point in touching them. They are taken from the ntsc tv standard, so they're guaranteed to work on 100% of standard resolution CRTs.

I tried to modify the horizontal geometry to make it look like as close as possible to the picture from my Playstation 2.

Default Values:   crt_range0 15625-16200, 49.50-65.00, 2.000, 4.700, 8.000, 0.064, 0.192, 1.024, 1, 1, 192, 288, 448, 576

Modified values: crt_range0 15625-16200, 49.50-65.00, 4.730, 2.365, 9.460, 0.064, 0.192, 1.024, 1, 1, 192, 288, 448, 576

Does it look safe? Are these sane values? The picture looks good, but I just want to be safe.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 01:48:50 pm by tisurame »