Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Dell fp2007 20": IPS or PVA?  (Read 1268 times)

Thraug

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2021, 12:44:37 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Dell fp2007 20": IPS or PVA?
« on: October 02, 2020, 08:28:03 pm »
I'm putting a 20" Dell FP2007 LCD monitor into a JROK Robotron cabinet and wanted to know if having a PVA vs IPS screen matters? If so, which is best for what I'm building, and why? Thanks, the search feature isn't working, so sorry if this has been discussed.

JDFan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 21, 2023, 04:07:42 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Dell fp2007 20": IPS or PVA?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2020, 05:00:01 am »
IF you have a choice between the 2 get the IPS - They have better color depth and less color shift - but overall either works well and the difference between them is not that much of an issue ( people were upset with Dell when they changed to the PVA panels in the middle of production and did not change the model # and without telling people they were doing it - so the complaints about the PVA panels being different were kind of exaggerated. Of course at the time people were paying over $1000 for these monitors so were kind of justified in complaining when they were getting a panel that was not what was shown in the specs.  :dunno
« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 05:03:04 am by JDFan »

mourix

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 22, 2024, 03:21:06 pm
Re: Dell fp2007 20": IPS or PVA?
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2020, 10:24:52 am »
IMHO they all look serviceable as long as you avoid TN panels.