Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: touchmaster maxx jade reboots  (Read 3133 times)

peterson65

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 07, 2023, 09:27:12 pm
touchmaster maxx jade reboots
« on: January 26, 2019, 07:38:46 am »
I have a touchmaster maxx jade that i purchased years ago at a auction. found out it was hacked so it doesn't have a key. but it has been working fine but the other day i turned it on and it was having some problems not even making it to the game select screen so it turned it off to look at another day. i turned it on a few days ago and cmos reset so i replaced the battery booted it up and it sometimes will run in demo mode for long periods but as soon as i touch to select a game it makes the select music sound and poof reboot. some times it will reboot fine then at times it never boots and has a login screen? its not the same everytime just random. i have tried another power supply but that wasn't it. i done have any extra ram to test but it did swap and reseat them i did run a system test within the interface and have a error. don't know if that has anything to do with it or not but it does sometimes work. any ideas ? don't want to invest a lot as this only gets played 2 or 3 times a year. also it did the reset to defaults holding the 2 buttons at boot
thanks

orizzle

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2020, 07:20:41 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: touchmaster maxx jade reboots
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019, 09:02:27 am »
You said it's hacked so who knows. Your pop-up says vmlinuz is missing which is the kernel, so you've got big problems. Replace the drive and get a legit key

Sent from my XT1687 using Tapatalk

peterson65

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 07, 2023, 09:27:12 pm
Re: touchmaster maxx jade reboots
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2019, 09:33:11 pm »
so I ended up buying some new ram, didn't fix it. ended up taking the motherboard out. pulled the ram and cpu. removed the top board and hosed the board with electrical cleaner and reseated everything now it works some connection must have been dirty.