Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: RPi and Ultrastick/RGB commander Issues  (Read 716 times)

chipdale53

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 01, 2019, 10:21:09 am
RPi and Ultrastick/RGB commander Issues
« on: January 21, 2019, 10:53:46 am »
I've got a 4p cab setup in Attract Mode, that plays well. It has 2 U360s and 2 zippys. I've got 2 issues:
1) has anyone on here had issues with the pi renaming the joysticks on different start-ups? Every now and then I'll go to play or set-up a rom, and I'll notice that if I change the controls in the Tab menu it will have a different js number than before (what was js1 is now js2, etc. it typically still has the Retropad number right) I'm not sure if this is a big deal, but thought it relevant to the next issue.
2) I've been trying to follow Mahuti's old thread instructions with RGB commander to get QBert's diagonals set up, but when I try to run dual sshs I can't set the joystick modes. I've followed the instructions, modified the xml file, and it shows that I want it to control 2 U360s when I check it. However when I go to set the sticks to a different mode it comes back with a error saying bool="fasle".

Just looking for some help, and hoping someone has had similar experiences. Any help is much appreciated.