Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: RetroPi -SingleBoot Rom - Daphne / DragonsLair  (Read 2973 times)

shawnclift

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 23, 2019, 03:19:22 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
RetroPi -SingleBoot Rom - Daphne / DragonsLair
« on: January 20, 2019, 05:29:56 pm »
So I've been looking around online for help to boot directly into DragonsLair when turning the Raspberry pi on . This is what I've done so far and the errors i get :

command prompt:
sudo nano /opt/retropie/configs/all/autostart.sh

Replaced the code line with-
clear
/opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh 0 _SYS_ daphne ~/RetroPie/roms/daphne/roms/lair.zip
emulationstation #auto

And the errors I'm getting are

"Could not open frame file : /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/daphne/roms/lair.zip/lair.txt"

followed by

"could not initialize laserdisc player"

Then it boots me into emulationstation .
But then the weird thing is if I select Dragonslair from the emulation station menu ,It boots just fine and works fully .

Anyhelp here guys would be amazing .

ark_ader

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2019, 07:35:34 pm
  • I glow in the dark.
Re: RetroPi -SingleBoot Rom - Daphne / DragonsLair
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2019, 05:59:35 pm »
I think it could be your frame file.  Edit lair.txt and see if the beginning of the frame file starts with ./

The best and legal way is to buy the DVD of Dragon's lair and install Daphne 1.x on a PC, then copy the respective folder out and then place it in the PI.  I did this but deleted the DAT file for the game to parse again.  It is better to have a single m2v file than a bunch of VOBs.  I would make the folder Read Only to protect the microSD.  You can also convert the M2V (mpeg2) to M1V (mpeg1) to save space and it plays just as good without frame drops.  The ogg file has to remain the same file size.  Do the same for Space Ace et all.  I don't believe the pizero can play Daphne only the B3+.

Here is a video:

Hope this helps.  ;)
If I had only one wish, it would be for three more wishes.

Gilrock

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 30, 2024, 05:15:46 pm
Re: RetroPi -SingleBoot Rom - Daphne / DragonsLair
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 10:12:59 pm »
So I've been looking around online for help to boot directly into DragonsLair when turning the Raspberry pi on . This is what I've done so far and the errors i get :

command prompt:
sudo nano /opt/retropie/configs/all/autostart.sh

Replaced the code line with-
clear
/opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh 0 _SYS_ daphne ~/RetroPie/roms/daphne/roms/lair.zip
emulationstation #auto

And the errors I'm getting are

"Could not open frame file : /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/daphne/roms/lair.zip/lair.txt"

followed by

"could not initialize laserdisc player"

Then it boots me into emulationstation .
But then the weird thing is if I select Dragonslair from the emulation station menu ,It boots just fine and works fully .

Anyhelp here guys would be amazing .

I have Daphne running on RetroPie but haven't tried to autoboot it.  Just reading your post I'll take a guess.  Your command line ends with "lair.zip" but unless there are multiple ways to run the game I don't know about you don't run with a lair.zip you should have a lair.txt file.  My Dragon's Lair roms folder is under roms/daphne/lair.daphne and has 4 files: lair.dat, lair.m2v, lair.ogg, and lair.txt.  But I did like ark stated I already had the emulator running on a PC so I copied the files over.  I followed some tutorial I found online to get the Daphne emulator installed and working.