Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Duvidas com a placa zero delay (Doubts with the zero delay board)  (Read 3132 times)

Marco.C

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 25, 2019, 11:51:32 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Mensagem original, tradução abaixo
Ola.
Sou um novato em arcade, Raspberry Pi e Retropie por isso pesso a ajuda de voces.
Comprei no banggood.com uma caixa e uma placa zero delay com joystick e botões para usar no RPI com Retropie, nâo sei a função de cada botão ou onde ligar na placa

(Figuras abaixo).

Outra duvida se refere a configuração no Retropie, quais botões configurar para que?
Pessoal sou um cara de 55 anos do tempo do Micro TK 85, PC-DOS (antecessor ao MS-DOS) e monitor de fosforo verde, não tenho e nunca tive Playstation ou Xbox, minha intenção e (voltar ) jogar Mortal Kombat, Doom ou Duke Nukem 3D por isso qualquer ajuda seria de grande valia.
Gente desde ja, muito obrigado pela atenção, desculpem se postei no lugar errado e pelo uso do google para traduzir, meu ingles e igual a zero rs rs rs.

Original message, translation below
Hello.
I'm a newcomer to the arcade, Raspberry Pi and Retropie so I'll help you guys out.
I bought in banggood.com a box and a zero delay board with joystick and buttons to use in RPI with Retropie, do not know the function of each button or where to connect on the board

(Figures below).

Another question is the setting in Retropie, which buttons to configure for?
I am a 55 year old guy from the time of Micro TK 85, PC-DOS (predecessor to MS-DOS) and green phosphor monitor, I do not have and never had Playstation or Xbox, my intention and (back) to play Mortal Kombat, Doom or Duke Nukem 3D so any help would be of great value.
People from ja, thank you very much for the attention, sorry if I posted in the wrong place and by using google to translate, my English is equal to zero rs rs.

ark_ader

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2019, 07:35:34 pm
  • I glow in the dark.
Re: Duvidas com a placa zero delay (Doubts with the zero delay board)
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2019, 03:26:47 am »
You have too many buttons there sport.  I can see you having some issues with that layout.  This place is called build your own arcade controls, so get some wood and make a proper control panel, not that plastic junk.

You need a bigger control panel area for those buttons if you are going to keep it.  Forget about the encoder and wire the buttons and joystick directly to the GPIO on the raspberry pi.

You can use the encoder if you want, but I keep them for bigger projects.

It is a learning experience and google translate is your friend.  Check the WIKI and ask when you get stuck.  Someone will understand your lingo and translate.

Show us your progress.   :applaud:
If I had only one wish, it would be for three more wishes.

barrymossel

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 29, 2021, 11:25:52 am
  • Spectrum
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,157647.0.html
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2019, 04:08:23 am »
Connect the buttons to the zero delay controller. D-pad up/left/right/down is your joystick. The ABXY + L1/R1 are the buttons 3-5 and 8-10. Select and start are 6 and 7. Don't use 1 and 2.

The rest in Retropie/Emulationstation isn't used.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 11:26:04 am by barrymossel »

Marco.C

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2019, 09:01:04 am »
muito obrigado pela resposta, finalmente consegui montar meu gamepad, só falta mais duas pequenas duvidas:
1- Em  Retropie o que devo escolher para os botões 3-5 e 8-10?
    Para o joystick sei que devo escolher D-PAD up, D-PAD down, D-PAD left e d-D-PAD right, e para os botões?

2- A escolha fica em qual posição no gamepad ( L1 e R2 no centro dos botões? no lado esquerdo? os do lado direito são que escolha?).
    Valeu pela ajuda,  e desde já, muito obrigado pela atenção

thank you very much for the answer, I finally got to set up my gamepad, only two more questions are missing:
1- In Retropie what should I choose for buttons 3-5 and 8-10?
    For the joystick I know I should choose D-PAD up, D-PAD down, D-PAD left and D-PAD right, and for buttons?

2 - The choice is in which position in the gamepad (L1 and R2 in the center of the buttons? On the left side? Those on the right side are
     you choosing?).

Thanks for the help, and of course, thank you very much for the attention
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 11:09:22 am by Marco.C »

barrymossel

• Offline Offline
  • Spectrum
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2019, 11:28:59 am »
There's no definite answers, as that depends on the emulators and games you are using/playing. Also it is preference. You can change the button layout for RetroArch emulators on an emulator or a rom basis anyway (https://github.com/retropie/retropie-setup/wiki/retroarch-configuration)

More information here for example: https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/5220/arcade-buttons-how-many-layout

Marco.C

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2019, 11:51:59 am »
barrymossel muito obrigado por sua atenção, finalmente consegui montar,configurar e usar no Retropie, ficou um show.
Novamente muito obrigado, ja estava para desistir mas com sua ajuda tirei todas as minhas duvidas, ja testei com duke nukem, doom e quake com 100% de aprovação.
Valeu.

barrymossel thank you very much for your attention, finally got to mount, set up and use at Retropie, there was a show.
Again thank you, I was about to give up but with your help I took all my doubts, already tested with duke nukem, doom and quake with 100% approval.
Thanks.

barrymossel

• Offline Offline
  • Spectrum
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2019, 07:42:30 am »
You're welcome. Glas I could be of help!