Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Mame Arcade Questions  (Read 1775 times)

powwow3171

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 13, 2019, 10:20:54 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Mame Arcade Questions
« on: January 19, 2019, 11:12:23 am »
1. Do you need "joy to key" or any other program if you are using a jamma to pc board,or an ipac?
2. I am using hyperspin frontend, games play blind but work when launched in mame?

powwow3171

• Offline Offline
Re: Mame Arcade Questions
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 03:26:16 pm »
1. Do you need "joy to key" or any other program if you are using a jamma to pc board,or an ipac?
2. I am using hyperspin frontend, games play blind but work when launched in mame?
3. I am using hyperspin in another cab, when i run vector games "asteroids" i get vector lines appearing, what
 may cause this.

powwow3171

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2019, 03:28:30 pm »
1. Do you need "joy to key" or any other program if you are using a jamma to usb board,or an ipac?
3. I am using hyperspin in another cab, when i run vector games "asteroids" i get vector lines appearing, what
 may cause this.

meyer980

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2024, 04:00:11 pm
  • Building fun things for fun
    • sergiostuff.com/2020/04/15/felix-son-arcade-game/
    • Sergio Stuff
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2019, 10:51:17 pm »
1. If you're using an ipac, no. Joy to Key is only necessary if you're using a joystick/gamepad type encoder. Even then, mame supports joysticks so it'd still only be necessary if you're running some app or program that only takes keyboard input. If you're running a jamma board though, double check that you shouldn't be using a jpac instead.

2. I can't help with this, not familiar with hyperspin

3. This question doesn't make sense to me. Asteroids is a vector game, so you want vector lines to appear. This is a good thing. Can you be more specific on what the problem is?

FALSE

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 25, 2024, 08:13:59 pm
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2019, 12:09:49 am »

I use an Ipac. If you are using a PC and running MAME and other emulators you will not need joy to key or any other program. If you want to run Steam games also, you may need to use x360ce and/or joytokey depending on the Steam game.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 12:27:22 am by FALSE »

MydknyteStyrm

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 20, 2024, 12:19:41 pm
  • Makeup FX Gamer
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2019, 05:58:30 pm »
To control Hyperspin you will need either joy2key or Xpadder to move the menu, or you could use Hyperspin Startup Script.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

powwow3171

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2019, 11:07:04 pm »
 thank you for all your replies, ok first my vector games like asteroids run ok but there's flickering lines on the screen, like you can see the asteroids being drawn, thats on all vector games.

second, i have a tornado spinner, it will rotate the hyperspin wheel but my arcade joystick will not. now if there a script to be added for this could i get a copy.

for the ipac question you guys answered that one for me.ty