Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Couple of missing button labels required.  (Read 2638 times)

Animal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 20, 2019, 01:41:02 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Couple of missing button labels required.
« on: January 17, 2019, 08:04:04 am »
I'm close to starting my cabinet build and just missing a few small things to allow me to get it to how I'd like it (I know that'll change when it's finished and I'll want more :)

Does anyone have a file for button inserts that include the following?

Exit
Reset
Save  (I plan to have a button try and save the current state fof the game I'm playing)
Load
Select
Credit
L
R
X
Y
B
A

I've seen some great ones with the single and 2 layer 'man' icons which I'll be using but would love the above so all look alike in the same font etc.

If I print this on clear plastic (Acetate) do they show through with the button lights on OK or should I go with just plain white paper ?

Thanks

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 09:47:50 pm
  • Designated spam hunter
Re: Couple of missing button labels required.
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2019, 10:10:14 am »
If I print this on clear plastic (Acetate) do they show through with the button lights on OK or should I go with just plain white paper ?
Acetate (i.e. overhead projector slide media) is OK, but there is no adhesive backing so the inserts can rotate under the cap.

IMHO white paper looks awful because of the fibers revealed by the backlight.

Consider using Avery 8665 or 18665 (inkjet) or Avery 15665 (laser) full-page, clear, adhesive labels or clear waterslide decals instead.

Scott

Animal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 20, 2019, 01:41:02 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Couple of missing button labels required.
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2019, 12:52:08 pm »
Thanks.  Great point about the decals moving.  Hadn't thought of that !

I'll look out for the clear labels.  Wasn't aware you could get them.  I may see if the company I work for needs some - I'm sure they'll show up great on the colour laser printer we have here ;)

Now, just to find the actual designs.  haha