Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: IPAC Ultimate + LED Joystick issue  (Read 947 times)

Vargulmer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 21, 2019, 08:21:21 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
IPAC Ultimate + LED Joystick issue
« on: January 16, 2019, 09:17:51 pm »
Hi everyone, long time lurker, first time poster.
So I built a control panel for my machine.  Aircraft Carrier style, 4 player.  Buttons and joysticks are RGB LED Hoku and joy tops are RGB to match. All from Paradise Arcade.
After wiring, I'm able to work all the functions of the board just fine.  The joysticks work in all directions, all buttons function as desired, however my issue comes when I turn on LED Blinky.
I can't under ANY circumstance manage to get the Joystick LEDS to light.   I have an IPAC Ultimate, they are wired into the top two headers on the board that have the screw terminals. (Positions 1-3 for Player 1 and 49-52 for Player 2)  I've checked numerous times and the wiring colors are correct, however even in the output test, I cannot get the joysticks to light.  I've even loaded the IPACv2 software and selected High Output LEDS and that still did nothing to light them up.
Any ideas?
THanks,
-J

AndyWarne

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2021, 03:37:09 am
    • Ultimarc
Re: IPAC Ultimate + LED Joystick issue
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2019, 06:37:01 am »

The first thing to do is establish whether the joystick LEDs are common anode or common cathode. Common anode is more likely, so there should be a connection which needs to be fed from +12 V (assuming they are 12V LEDs, most of this type are).

Vargulmer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 21, 2019, 08:21:21 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: IPAC Ultimate + LED Joystick issue
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2019, 04:18:37 pm »
Thank you, Andy, for the reply.  The person I spoke with @ paradise arcade told me that the led in the joystick is indeed 5v.  I'm wondering if perhaps they may have been wrong?  Seems odd that everything works fine except them.  I half want to run a 12v jumper off my arcade psu to the line in on the led to find out, but the other half of me is worried about a led cook off.  Lol
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 04:36:01 pm by Vargulmer »