Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Mini-pac & Street Fighter IV  (Read 1255 times)

Nickb23

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 13, 2020, 02:39:21 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Mini-pac & Street Fighter IV
« on: January 16, 2019, 12:16:54 pm »
Hi guys.
After about 4 years I have decided to finish my unloved bartop arcade. Finally recieved a donated i5 desktop (dell 7010) along with a new SSD and a great 1030 low profile graphics card. I have a licence for launchbox that I am finally going to use as my front end, with the goal to be to play mame and Naomi games. Anyway I was googling around d last night and came across a place where I was able to buy a steam code for ultra Street  Fighter IV for £4, which is an absolute bargain. Booted it up and looks just amazing on my 4:3 screen with all settings to high. The game works really well with my wireless 360 controllers, but having a real issue getting my arcade controls to work with the game.  I have a mini-pac controller running 2 sets of joysticks with 6 buttons each. I also have a coin button and 2 player buttons.
I have read that USFIV has issue playing games from effectively 1 keyboard. Has anyone got any ideas on what I can do to get both controls working? Also it seems to want to have more than 6 buttons when I am trying to do the button configuration. My mini-pac seems to be the early version, rather than the upgrade me one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nick

FALSE

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 25, 2024, 08:13:59 pm
Re: Mini-pac & Street Fighter IV
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 12:26:46 am »
Hi guys.
After about 4 years I have decided to finish my unloved bartop arcade. Finally recieved a donated i5 desktop (dell 7010) along with a new SSD and a great 1030 low profile graphics card. I have a licence for launchbox that I am finally going to use as my front end, with the goal to be to play mame and Naomi games. Anyway I was googling around d last night and came across a place where I was able to buy a steam code for ultra Street  Fighter IV for £4, which is an absolute bargain. Booted it up and looks just amazing on my 4:3 screen with all settings to high. The game works really well with my wireless 360 controllers, but having a real issue getting my arcade controls to work with the game.  I have a mini-pac controller running 2 sets of joysticks with 6 buttons each. I also have a coin button and 2 player buttons.
I have read that USFIV has issue playing games from effectively 1 keyboard. Has anyone got any ideas on what I can do to get both controls working? Also it seems to want to have more than 6 buttons when I am trying to do the button configuration. My mini-pac seems to be the early version, rather than the upgrade me one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nick

I've got an Ipac Ultimate and just set up Ultra Street Fighter IV. I'm pretty sure the game supports 2 players from one keyboard natively. If that doesn't work, you MIGHT be able to change the firmware on your Ipac to make it act like 2 game pads. That's what I ended up doing with mine and it seams to have solved a lot of issues with Steam games. I'm not sure whether your mini-pac will support the firmware change or not though. Be sure to read on the Ultimarc website before trying it.

You should be good with your 6 buttons per player though. Just assign them as the punch and kick buttons. All the other controls can be completed with combinations of the 6 buttons and are not necessary.
LP MP HP
LK MK HK
is the standard SF layout.