Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Help using Csync on RGB modded TV  (Read 1983 times)

m.andrade1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 06, 2023, 09:56:51 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Help using Csync on RGB modded TV
« on: January 15, 2019, 07:07:58 am »
Hello Everyone !
I have modded this tv with the help of our good bud Mark from Australia: https://photos.app.goo.gl/3YJksk4bkZUrHK3L9
As you can see the image qualitiy is very good, but seems sync has some issues like "jailbars" at left and a kind of strange "chess" pattern both on vertical and horizontal you can see clearly on Varth game.
So as Crt_Emudriver now allows Csync would like to know if everyone had some experience recently on enable this fearture, because i intend to leave only H with 1k on sync, and check if got any improvment on screen after runs on csync.
Any help will be much welcome !

Obs: Using Windows 64bit + Ati 5450 + Crt_Emudriver + GM 0.205b
Thanks
Marcos
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 07:40:56 am by m.andrade1 »

adder

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 04, 2021, 10:51:51 am
Re: Help using Csync on RGB modded TV
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 11:53:53 am »
hi, regarding varth,    - you have the 'screen' control which is found on the LOPT (along with the 'focus' control) and you turn that 'screen' control down so that the screen is black, does it not help matters much?
varth looks quite 'grey' in background in your pics, which seems too bright

ps. regarding jailbars see page 12 of the link here:
http://slot-tech.com/members/magazine/lores/april01.pdf

m.andrade1

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 12:37:31 pm »
Hello Adder
Thanks a lot for your feedback, acutualy i leave the brightness control on Varth a little more tweaked to force to see the strange kind chess patterns you can see clearly, some ghosts bars on vertical and horizontal, it happens on certain background with solid colors specialy grays.
Iīm looking to enable C-sync on Crt_Emudriver to try to improve that, and stay only with 1 wire on H, to try to solve that.
About the Jailbars effect i will look for 47uf 160v on chassi as mentioned on pdf, and test the cap. but i have a feeling it is sync related, maybe 1k on H and 1k on V,  them twisted both resulting in a single Csync tv doesnt like it very much, so thatīs why want to test Csync directly eliminating the V wire, and see what happens.
Any other suggestion will be very appreciated.
Thanks
Marcos

Paradroid

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 10, 2024, 04:41:43 am
    • SCART Hunter
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2019, 01:27:16 pm »
About the Jailbars effect i will look for 47uf 160v on chassi as mentioned on pdf, and test the cap.

I modded a 20 inch Philips and had the same issue (see photo at the bottom of this page).

The original coupling caps were 0.047 uF. Once I changed them to 0.1 uF (i.e. 100 nF) the issue went away completely.

To enable composite sync, wire the H sync (from VGA) to an inline 1K resistor and terminate to ground with 75R. Then, change your monitor specs to use positive sync and enable composite sync in VMMaker. Works like a dream!

Also, get your black level right (it's too bright) by turning down the brightness. Then adjust contrast, finding a balance between 'pop' and softness. That should help with any other noise.
My MAME/SCART/CRT blog: SCART Hunter

m.andrade1

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2019, 08:03:28 am »
Hello Paradroid
Thank you so much for your reply too !
Calamity said something about Csync maybe can leave windows in a non visible state, so thatīs why little concern about change csync on vmaker, but i will test for sure, will clone my already hd and messed up for sure.
So on the new Csync fearture on Crt_Emudriver did you noticed and improving in image quality, stable, colours, etc, or anything else, because using only 1 wire caming from H + 1k, dismiss all that fancy circuit on V with transistor + resistor + cap etc.
Any visible change ?

Thanks
Marcos