Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: DVI-I > VGA > SCART RGB with a PEGATRON ATI RADEON HD 8570 2GB 109-C55237-00  (Read 955 times)

Malandro

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 14, 2023, 06:25:19 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Hello you all, long time no see!

I recently bought this graphics card to build an emulation PC, install RGBuntu and plug it via SCART RGB to my old KV-X2583E. The card has DVI-I and HDMI output. I wonder how feasible it will be? Does anyone own one of these?

On a visual inspection to the solder side of this PCB i noticed some weird dry residue stains. I wonder if this could be solder flux that wasn't wiped from the factory or should i have a reason to worry about?

Thank you in advance!

« Last Edit: December 17, 2022, 09:34:50 pm by Malandro »

buttersoft

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 12:55:20 am
  • Is running at 15kHz
Wrong forum, first of all. You should possibly also repost this in the GroovyMAME subforum.

That card seems to be an OEM special. HP in this case. It'll be based on a low-end GPU like a 7450 or 7550 mb with some updated features. There's a listing on Amazon implying it's based on a 280X but that has to be horse-manure.

Some (most?) OEM cards use a BIOS that crt_emudriver can't recognise. If you have trouble installing, you might be able to flash another BIOS (kinda risky tho, if you have no way to unbrick). Or possibly by installing different versions of the regular AMD drivers just newer and just older than the AMD driver version crt_emudriver is based around (depending on what OS and what crt_emudriver version you download, of course) and trying to install crt_emudriver on top of that.

That residue doesn't look great, no. OEM's don't care what anything looks like inside, or even out. Most of their customers are never going to see it. It'll probably be ok, but that's not a promise :)

Malandro

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 14, 2023, 06:25:19 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
With no possibility to backup the original BIOS i'm reluctant to flash it if not detected by crt_emudriver. Would i managed to obtain 15kHz from RGBuntu    regardless?

abispac

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2024, 04:59:22 pm
With no possibility to backup the original BIOS i'm reluctant to flash it if not detected by crt_emudriver. Would i managed to obtain 15kHz from RGBuntu    regardless?
I use those cards all the time, just install the latest drivers , reboot, then emudrivers and youll be good to go. On rgbuntu? im not sure on that one.

Zebidee

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 07:24:50 am
If the worst happens or it just doesn't work, should not be hard to find a card like an AMD Radeon HD6450 1GB for around $25. These are tried and proven for CRT_emulator.
Check out my completed projects!