Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Golden tee fore board not booting up  (Read 794 times)

Tom-94

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 04, 2022, 04:43:57 pm
Golden tee fore board not booting up
« on: January 12, 2019, 06:15:05 pm »
Hi, I have a golden tee fore red board that I’ve been working on in my spare time to hopefully get it up and running. After finding a couple of loose connections and re soldering the u2 spartan chip I have now got the board to a point where it will power up but the d20 status 1 led stays lit up while status 2 blinks normally. IT told me to run the start up test holding the start button for 3 seconds on power up and sent me a list of trouble codes. I get 8 blinks which according to the document says there’s a problem with the simm memory data lines and to check u110 u111 u112 u113. I’ve looked over the traces with a digital microscope and they all seem fine so I was assuming it must be a component failure on one of those ram chips. I see you can still buy the mt4lc4m16r chips on eBay but just wondering if anyone has any tips or tricks with replacing these

**Update: replaced the ram chips one at a time until I found the busted one and it’s up and running again 100% 
Suggest getting a netlist for your version board and check continuity of data lines because the traces are tiny and easily damaged. Use hot air, go slow and don’t force them up. Be aware they are multilayered boards, vss and vcc traces aren’t visible
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 08:01:18 pm by Tom-94 »