Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: How to edit mame.ini file  (Read 4480 times)

pumpkinpie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 03, 2023, 02:58:17 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
How to edit mame.ini file
« on: January 11, 2019, 10:07:59 pm »
Hi all - i read this post - http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=147163.0 and would like to do what is instructed to the mame.ini file but have absolutely no idea how to do this - have not used command line very much, so would someone be able to let me know how to go about doing this ?

Much appreciated !

Arroyo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 04:24:05 pm
  • Budgets are boring
    • newforum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,156267.0.html
Re: How to edit mame.ini file
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2019, 12:14:35 am »
Hi all - i read this post - http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=147163.0 and would like to do what is instructed to the mame.ini file but have absolutely no idea how to do this - have not used command line very much, so would someone be able to let me know how to go about doing this ?

Much appreciated !

Go to the folder that your Mame program lives.  There should be a file mame.ini.  Simply double clicking it should bring up the file in either Notepad or another text editing program.  If not then use your preferred text editor to open it.  Once opened scroll down to any of the values you want to change such as multi mouse and put a 1 where you want the function on, a 0 where you want something off.  No command line needed. 

You can also find these options when you launch Mame under I believe it’s advanced options.

pumpkinpie

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2019, 10:19:11 am »

Go to the folder that your Mame program lives.  There should be a file mame.ini.  Simply double clicking it should bring up the file in either Notepad or another text editing program.  If not then use your preferred text editor to open it.  Once opened scroll down to any of the values you want to change such as multi mouse and put a 1 where you want the function on, a 0 where you want something off.  No command line needed. 

You can also find these options when you launch Mame under I believe it’s advanced options.

well thank you - that was easy !

pumpkinpie

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2019, 06:18:44 pm »
[quote author=Arroyo link=topic=159283.msg1675106#msg1675106 date=1547270075

[/quote]

hey any idea on how to do this on a retropie setup ?

Arroyo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 04:24:05 pm
  • Budgets are boring
    • newforum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,156267.0.html
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2019, 06:27:09 pm »

hey any idea on how to do this on a retropie setup ?

Sorry never played with a Pi.  I’m sure someone else on here could help.

keilmillerjr

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 06, 2023, 10:20:39 pm
  • Web Developer.
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2019, 04:45:43 am »
$ nano mame.ini