Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: COnnect RetroIceBox to WG D9200 33"  (Read 1115 times)

CrymsonX

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 14, 2019, 04:06:04 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
COnnect RetroIceBox to WG D9200 33"
« on: January 09, 2019, 05:44:59 pm »
First off if i am in the wrong place then please move the post or let me know where to re-post.

OK, my monitor is a Wells-Gardner purchased in October of 2006.  The intent of this post is to try to figure out how to connect my WGM3392 U0TS07C RSDD 33" D9200 Arcade Monitor to my RetroIceBox (RIB).

I have a SlikStik cabinet that i bought back in 2006, and it was running great for the longest time.  I had an old P4 running Mamewah, with an ArcadeVGA card allowing me for arcade graphic accuracy.

Then, about 3 years ago the hard drive failed. The main drive with all of my configuration files. Files i had put 100+ hours of time into configuring, tweaking, etc.

So the arcade machine sat alone in the corner.

Recently i came to be in possession of the following potential replacement for the entire PC aspect.  The RIB.

Here are the specs:

Specifications:

* Samsung Exynos5422 Cortex™-A15 2Ghz and Cortex™-A7 Octa core CPUs
* Mali-T628 MP6(OpenGL ES 3.1/2.0/1.1 and OpenCL 1.2 Full profile)
* 2Gbyte LPDDR3 RAM PoP stacked
* eMMC5.0 HS400 Flash Storage
* 2 x USB 3.0 Host, 1 x USB 2.0 Host
* Gigabit Ethernet port
* HDMI 1.4a for display
* Size : 83 x 58 x 20 mm approx.
* Power: 5V/4A input

So, what i need to figure out is how to get the best arcade graphic representation from the RIB which as HDMI out, to the WG arcade monitor.  Ideally i would like to split the signal so that i can use the arcade monitor when playing arcade games, and then install a flat screen PC monitor or TV on a swivel arm mount attached to the side of the arcade cabinet, so that when i want to play something with higher res than the arcade monitor can handle, i can swing the HD monitor out in front of the arcade monitor/cab, turn it on and turn the arcade monitor off.  My concern is finding an HDMI to VGA adapter that will work with this system and trying to determine what will need to be done to get it to pass the correct display signal.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Sorry if i didn't give enough info, if there is anything else you need to know please ask.

CrymsonX

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 14, 2019, 04:06:04 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: COnnect RetroIceBox to WG D9200 33"
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 04:06:04 pm »
Nothing, huh?  Oh well, i don't know what i was expecting.  Thanks anyway. Maybe i can buy a bunch of different ones from Amazon, and send back any that don't work.  Hopefully it doesn't fry the monitor. :dunno :dunno :dunno