Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Well Gardner 19K4901 Damaged PCB  (Read 1268 times)

swisha

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 12, 2019, 07:51:22 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Well Gardner 19K4901 Damaged PCB
« on: December 31, 2018, 02:21:11 pm »
Hello Everyone,
Working to create my first MAME arcade cabinet from an old Konami standup machine. As I plan the build, I have encountered a possible issue with the CRT monitor and wanted to ask for help before proceeding.

As described in the subject line, I have a Well Gardner 19K4901 CRT monitor. Upon inspection, the PCB attached to the monitor tube shows significant signs of damage and repair. While the machine has functioned as intended for a number of years, I am wondering if this damage poses any potential risks such as fire, shock, etc that I should be aware of.

I intend to convert the original hardware over using a Windows 7 machine running Launchbox. Goal is to run MAME at a minimum but possibly NES, SNES, and other emulators as well.  At this point I am unsure if this model CRT will even support other emulators ports outside of MAME; e.g. resolution, refresh rates, etc. 

Given this model was manufactured in April 1982, the damages/repairs, and intended use, is it even worth salvaging? While I would like to keep the CRT for nostalgic reasons, I am not oppose to alternative displays such as LCD, etc.

I have attached a photo of the damaged PCB and repairs. Look forward to hearing comments, questions, concerns.

Thanks in advance.

grantspain

• I personally prefer "bog trotter"
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 05:30:41 am
Re: Well Gardner 19K4901 Damaged PCB
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 04:33:45 am »
not the tidiest repair but looks ok

swisha

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 12, 2019, 07:51:22 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Well Gardner 19K4901 Damaged PCB
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2019, 07:42:19 am »
Thanks for the feedback! With the exception of a small amount of screen burn, the CRT has and still works well. I may or may not end up using it in my conversion restoration as I'm trying to decide between this and 27 TV CRT. Again, appreciate the feedback!