Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Complete noob question about my crt monitor mtg-2901cn  (Read 1675 times)

flibbidy_dibbidy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 08, 2019, 03:36:11 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Complete noob question about my crt monitor mtg-2901cn
« on: January 09, 2019, 03:42:15 pm »
Background...was planning on building a cabinet when luck had it that my neighbor offered me his  jamma arcade with Rampage World Tour on it. After about two weeks my monitor went black and only clicks. After a bit of reading it seems the monitor is in protection mode. I’m so completely new to this that I don’t even know the names of the components I need to fix it. It’s a vision pro, model number 1901cn. The control board?(guess that’s the name) connected to the monitor is model # mtg-2901cn.  When looking at the board to see what was going on I noticed an elongated pin next to the heat sink. #C401 had a singe mark at the base. Touched it and it’s completely free floating now on one side of that pin. Where do I finds the proper parts for this? Can I just buy a replacement control board? Any help is greatly appreciated. Be gentle with me please. I’m happy to learn, just completely new to this world. Posted a few pics for help too
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 09:59:35 pm by flibbidy_dibbidy »

flibbidy_dibbidy

• Offline Offline
Re: Complete noob question about my crt monitor
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 04:51:26 pm »
After some further research, I think I found the schematic on arcade-museum.com. C401 is the damaged part on the chassis. I’ll post a pic. From what I can ascertain I need a part, C MYLAR—— NPPS 1.6KV 2200pF J. I’ve found parts that look very similar to this. Is there a certain brand I need to be looking for for a replacement so I can de-solder and re-solder? Again any help is appreciated.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 05:07:26 pm by flibbidy_dibbidy »

behrmr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 23, 2021, 09:17:13 am
Re: Complete noob question about my crt monitor mtg-2901cn
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 08:58:34 am »
After some further research, I think I found the schematic on arcade-museum.com. C401 is the damaged part on the chassis. I’ll post a pic. From what I can ascertain I need a part, C MYLAR—— NPPS 1.6KV 2200pF J. I’ve found parts that look very similar to this. Is there a certain brand I need to be looking for for a replacement so I can de-solder and re-solder? Again any help is appreciated.

Arcade parts and repair dot com should have this part. In fact it may be one of the values included in their “width cap kit”.  Search the site or email Peter through their contact form. He will have it.   That cap value is easy to find. It not always at 1.6kv

flibbidy_dibbidy

• Offline Offline
Re: Complete noob question about my crt monitor mtg-2901cn
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 09:18:54 am »
Thanks I’ll check it out