Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Golden tee fore 2005 booting issues  (Read 2277 times)

MoeJoe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 09, 2019, 06:38:28 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Golden tee fore 2005 booting issues
« on: January 09, 2019, 03:20:50 pm »
Hello all, been reading posts like crazy trying to figure out my issue and so far no luck.

Golden tee fore! 2005 green board
Ver.2.09 boot rom
Someone apparently took a cabinet apart to turn this into a table top verisonto hook up to their TV, and while it looks like they did a reasonable job, there are some un original components. They have some sort of universal power supply (not an arcade power supply or computer power supply) which they have hooked up to the power bypass cable connectors on the board (which the games manual says should be used) I don’t trust the power supply, but it appears to be sending the correct voltages.

The game was purchased with the information that the game would freeze right after selecting how many holes you wished to play. When I received the game it failed to boot up, I reseated all the chips, connectors and video card. Inspected the board for cold solder joints and or burnt or damaged components, all look ok.

I received the game with 4 hard drives all supposedly ok with the game loaded onto them already, as well as one of the solid state versions that plugs into the hard drive connector on the board.

I have had the game boot up 3 times since I started trying to get it working, with no rhyme or reason to why it decided to boot up. I managed to verify that it does hang up like the seller said, and I managed to get it to boot once with the solid state version hooked up, with the flash drive style drive hooked up it booted and said everything was fine and the started to boot cycle, it cycled a few times and then loaded and started to go to the main menu but then Reset again, and started boot cycling again.

When the game doesn’t boot, the status 1 led stays solid and the status 2 led blinks normally, When it does boot both leds blink normally as does the ide led. When it freezes, both status leds are still blinking normally and I believe the ide led also blinks, but don’t remember for sure.

Any help would be appreciated

Tom-94

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 04, 2022, 04:43:57 pm
Re: Golden tee fore 2005 booting issues
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2019, 01:15:15 am »
Hi,
not sure if this will help you or not but I had this same issue on one of my boards. It’s a red board but should be very similar to diagnose...
There’s a startup test you can do by holding the start button on power up for 3 seconds. If the board is running its software well enough it should give you an error code on the d20 status one light. On my board that was freezing after selecting holes it gave me (I think) 6 blinks by memory. On some documents an engineer from IT sent me it said that there’s a problem with the base memory lines and to check u16,17,18,19. I fixed mine by replacing the ram chips one at a time until the game worked.

If you get a code let me know and I’ll jump on my computer and send you the trouble shooting documents

scoobytoo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 21, 2019, 10:57:34 pm
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 10:14:45 pm »
Hi Can you send me the instructions and any docs on this, I am trying to diagnose my boards not booting or showing video on another.

djensen

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2020, 10:24:34 am
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2020, 03:02:29 pm »
I have the same "freeze at hole selection". Golden Tee fore 2005 - red motherboard. I replaced the HD (Incredible Technologies loaded the new program on it).  If I hold the START button for 3 seconds when I power it up, I just get a black screen. So I put the dipswitch in TEST mode and did the NVRAM test that way - it said "NVRAM CHECKSUM SUCCEEDED". Power supply shows 5.28vdc. - Might anyone have additional troubleshooting steps I could take?