Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Retroarch - Super Resolutions  (Read 1706 times)

philexile

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 30, 2022, 03:45:01 pm
  • I want to build my a GroovyMame PC!
Retroarch - Super Resolutions
« on: January 09, 2019, 08:50:32 am »
Hello,

I recently setup GroovyMame with super resolutions and I was hoping to try out Retroarch as well to play some consoles – NES, PSX, Super Nintendo, etc.

I was able to get NES running correctly, but Super Nintendo didn't seem to work with the Super Resolutions that were installed. The screen was compressed vertically at the top of the screen.

Is there a way to get the Retroarch cores working with Super Resolutions or should I install additional modelines?

Thank you!

Arroyo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2024, 06:17:46 pm
  • Budgets are boring
    • newforum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,156267.0.html
Re: Retroarch - Super Resolutions
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 07:21:47 pm »

philexile

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 10:52:36 pm »
It didn't really help me. The infuriating thing is that when Retroarch boots, it's using the correct modeline resulting in a 240p image. When I launch a game, it switches back to a 720p modeline that I use for my desktop.

I've been through the config file a few times now and I'm stumped. Any ideas?

Thank you

Arroyo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2024, 06:17:46 pm
  • Budgets are boring
    • newforum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,156267.0.html
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2019, 10:57:41 pm »
It didn't really help me. The infuriating thing is that when Retroarch boots, it's using the correct modeline resulting in a 240p image. When I launch a game, it switches back to a 720p modeline that I use for my desktop.

I've been through the config file a few times now and I'm stumped. Any ideas?

Thank you

Retro arch can be a bear in that the settings can be global or “core”, meaning it allows you to set a general setting or in a “core” or system (i.e. Super Nintendo) basis.  It’s possible your global setting is bringing in the 240p and your core setting is overriding it with a desktop resolution?  You may want I start over in the Retroarch install and start fresh unless you feel confidant in the per “core” and global settings differences.  I’d start global get what you want, and then if you aren’t satisfied with something on a system edit it at the core level.

philexile

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2019, 11:27:38 pm »
I was able to fix this issue by turning off "crop overscan" which seems to be the default. Now the cores adhere to the super resolution.

Thanks

Scratch that. While this seems to work with the NES cores (BNES and Nestopia), it has stopped working for the BSNES core. Unsure why.

I am able to get it to work with BSNES, but it has to be the first game launched. If I select another rom, it will boot into 31 khz mode. It's very odd. Hopefully this is an incorrect setting?

Thanks
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 12:10:04 am by philexile »