Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Arcade1up: Wave 2  (Read 98105 times)

MikeyJ122

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 19, 2019, 08:10:59 am
  • Game on!!!
Re: Arcade1up: Wave 2
« Reply #80 on: January 13, 2019, 03:40:42 pm »
I might jump at a Guantlet Legends game. Guantlet 1 and 2 are ok, but Legends is LEGENDARY!!!
ARCADE GAMES RULE!!!

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 09:00:13 am
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #81 on: January 13, 2019, 06:16:02 pm »
Put one of these together at a party. Cabinet and stand together in an hour. Big hit with the kids.

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 01:02:22 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #82 on: January 13, 2019, 06:18:50 pm »
Put one of these together at a party. Cabinet and stand together in an hour. Big hit with the kids.

Cool story bro.
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

leapinlew

• Some questionable things going on in this room with cheetos
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 19, 2024, 06:19:27 pm
« Reply #83 on: January 13, 2019, 07:00:03 pm »

Cool story bro.

If MK happens, that’ll be a big hit for sure.

I can’t help but think golden tee is going to be a dud. The versions they are releasing stink. At least, if it’s the versions I think they are.

DaOld Man

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 13, 2023, 12:03:14 am
  • Wheres my coffee?
    • Skenny's Outpost
« Reply #84 on: January 13, 2019, 07:01:39 pm »

And that, folks, is what it is all about.

yotsuya

• Online Online
« Reply #85 on: January 13, 2019, 10:20:06 pm »

And that, folks, is what it is all about.

Totally agree. Great for the kids.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 07:29:48 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #86 on: January 14, 2019, 08:09:54 am »
The Mortal Kombat games still hold up for the most part.  I think a cabinet with all the Metal Slugs on it would kill but that would require SNK to stop releasing over-priced worthless crap for a few minutes.  Games any newer than that would probably require a better processor, so it probably isn't going to happen.

The other pictures of the street fighter cocktail show some SNK fighters on it, like Fatal Fury. Prototype cab so they can put whatever they want on there , doesnt mean it'll be on the retail cab.
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #87 on: January 14, 2019, 12:31:48 pm »
Eh, once it's up on the pedestal it's actually reasonably comfortable to play.  Controls feel a little cheap but they work.  Monitor looks nice.

RandyT

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 03:33:28 pm
  • Friends don't let friends hack keyboards.
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #88 on: January 14, 2019, 03:33:26 pm »
Eh, once it's up on the pedestal it's actually reasonably comfortable to play.  Controls feel a little cheap but they work.  Monitor looks nice.

They are  a great size for small kids, but I don't even own a chair low enough to play comfortably on one.  Had to do a lot of play testing, and man was my back hurting.  Probably should have built a riser before I started.

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #89 on: January 14, 2019, 04:27:17 pm »
The kids over the age of 5 were playing it sitting on the floor until we put the pedestal under it.  The factory height on those things is ridiculous.

negative1

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 04, 2024, 04:06:51 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #90 on: January 20, 2019, 12:14:04 am »
watching a recent interview with the Tastemakers CEO revealed these:
----------------------------------------
1 Costco will be selling units again, not sure if it will be the 6-1

2 All the new titles will be limited runs, just like last years titles.
However, with so-called 'fixed' units coming out, like street fighter 2,
and rampage with stereo->mono downmix, not sure how that will work

3 Customer service will improve in February, which shouldn't be too hard,
considering how poor it is now

4 Eventually they will have a webstore, that MIGHT sell all the other accessories,
extra controls, extra artwork, panels, etc.

5 The Capcom cocktail table MIGHT be out 4th quarter this year

6 Karate Champ was picked as the main focus of the cabinet, because it was his
personal favorite, not Burgertime, even though that has more familiarity.

7 Defender wallcade came about due to requests, although Joust got a lot also.

later

ark_ader

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2019, 07:35:34 pm
  • I glow in the dark.
« Reply #91 on: January 20, 2019, 10:26:53 pm »
UK and EU prices are per vendor.  Arcadeworld is tipped to be a vendor.  Hoping for $$$ prices?  Good luck.
If I had only one wish, it would be for three more wishes.

Mr. Peabody

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 05, 2019, 02:30:42 pm
« Reply #92 on: January 23, 2019, 06:48:19 pm »

I don’t smoke, chap. Bad for the lungs.
I thought you were a ganja man.

yotsuya

• Online Online
« Reply #93 on: January 23, 2019, 06:55:13 pm »

Me, no. I don’t toke the mota. Clean liver.

Yot don’t judge, tho.

Mr. Peabody

• Offline Offline
« Reply #94 on: January 23, 2019, 07:49:45 pm »

Yot don’t judge, tho.

Mo-tdha. I haven't heard that in.....decades. Anyways, I recall seeing you post an image of a pot leaf sticker on your car window.....maybe that was someone else.....  And what does ganja have to do with the liver?

yotsuya

• Online Online
« Reply #95 on: January 23, 2019, 07:51:46 pm »

Yot don’t judge, tho.

Mo-tdha. I haven't heard that in.....decades. Anyways, I recall seeing you post an image of a pot leaf sticker on your car window.....maybe that was someone else.....  And what does ganja have to do with the liver?

I think that was a “Gas, grass, or ass” sticker I saw a photo of and posted. I’d prefer ass myself.

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 11:57:30 am
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #96 on: January 23, 2019, 08:33:41 pm »
I will remember that next time I hitch a ride with you.

yotsuya

• Online Online
« Reply #97 on: January 23, 2019, 09:01:29 pm »
I will remember that next time I hitch a ride with you.

ZTylerDurden717

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 07, 2024, 12:52:28 pm
« Reply #98 on: January 24, 2019, 09:44:09 am »
The Mortal Kombat games still hold up for the most part.  I think a cabinet with all the Metal Slugs on it would kill but that would require SNK to stop releasing over-priced worthless crap for a few minutes.  Games any newer than that would probably require a better processor, so it probably isn't going to happen.

The other pictures of the street fighter cocktail show some SNK fighters on it, like Fatal Fury. Prototype cab so they can put whatever they want on there , doesnt mean it'll be on the retail cab.

I wonder if they left out Capcom vs SNK2 because they know it can't be emulated yet on mame.

MikeyJ122

• Offline Offline
  • Game on!!!
« Reply #99 on: January 24, 2019, 03:09:26 pm »
Not to jump on the "arcade 1ups suck" bandwagon, because "suck" is too strong of a word, but IMO they are overpriced and under quality. A $150 price point would be solid, 200 tops. I say this because I AM interested in them. I have been checking Walmarts for them on clearance, and what I have found is display machines BEAT to heck. Real arcades didnt get beat up, and kids were rough on them. If they did, the controls lasted (decently anyways). These display arcade 1ups, the controls were just DESTROYED. That's very telling IMO.

I am in the Arcade 1 Up Facebook group (as well as the MAME builders group), and the hardcore fans of these machines I dont understand, tbh. People are putting SO much time, money, and effort into these things. I'm just like "why didnt you just do a MAME machine then?" That's what I dont get. Some of these things I've seen are pretty chinsey as well, like putting colored tape like for T molding... Sure it looks better, but that's a weak hack imo.

The casuals, I get. They buy one or two machines, they are quick, easy, simple. I get that. I also understand the guys that WANT a MAME machine, buy one of these, new controls, raspberry pi. I get that as well. I'm not knocking these machine for those people. But it's the people with ALL the machines, doing custom marquees, lights, etc. I'm just like "you know, you spent MORE money than doing a MAME, for less games, and your controls suck." That's what I dont understand. At that point, you are really just paying for the artwork on the machines, which you can get graphics done on a MAME...
ARCADE GAMES RULE!!!

opt2not

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 15, 2024, 07:31:21 pm
« Reply #100 on: January 24, 2019, 03:35:14 pm »
Not to jump on the "arcade 1ups suck" bandwagon, because "suck" is too strong of a word, but IMO they are overpriced and under quality. A $150 price point would be solid, 200 tops. I say this because I AM interested in them. I have been checking Walmarts for them on clearance, and what I have found is display machines BEAT to heck. Real arcades didnt get beat up, and kids were rough on them. If they did, the controls lasted (decently anyways). These display arcade 1ups, the controls were just DESTROYED. That's very telling IMO.

I am in the Arcade 1 Up Facebook group (as well as the MAME builders group), and the hardcore fans of these machines I dont understand, tbh. People are putting SO much time, money, and effort into these things. I'm just like "why didnt you just do a MAME machine then?" That's what I dont get. Some of these things I've seen are pretty chinsey as well, like putting colored tape like for T molding... Sure it looks better, but that's a weak hack imo.

The casuals, I get. They buy one or two machines, they are quick, easy, simple. I get that. I also understand the guys that WANT a MAME machine, buy one of these, new controls, raspberry pi. I get that as well. I'm not knocking these machine for those people. But it's the people with ALL the machines, doing custom marquees, lights, etc. I'm just like "you know, you spent MORE money than doing a MAME, for less games, and your controls suck." That's what I dont understand. At that point, you are really just paying for the artwork on the machines, which you can get graphics done on a MAME...
Very well written, and you make very valid points. Thank you for this!  :cheers:

MikeyJ122

• Offline Offline
  • Game on!!!
« Reply #101 on: January 24, 2019, 03:55:02 pm »

Very well written, and you make very valid points. Thank you for this!  :cheers:

I'm just sharing what I e observed. If I thought they were amazing, or a better (less expensive) route than building (but still quality) I would say so. I just dont see it. Again if you want one or two, ok they might be for you. But IMO you would STILL be better off with a tankstick and a raspberry pi, and save money as well. Let alone a full machine blows arcade 1 ups away, not even close.
ARCADE GAMES RULE!!!

ark_ader

• Offline Offline
  • I glow in the dark.
« Reply #102 on: January 24, 2019, 05:17:47 pm »

I'm just sharing what I e observed. If I thought they were amazing, or a better (less expensive) route than building (but still quality) I would say so. I just dont see it. Again if you want one or two, ok they might be for you. But IMO you would STILL be better off with a tankstick and a raspberry pi, and save money as well. Let alone a full machine blows arcade 1 ups away, not even close.

Try lifting a full machine up 3 flights of stairs by your lonesome.  Then trying to get that cab in a small apartment/house, not to mention getting approval for a full size cabinet.

It is clear you do not have that problem but the 90% of us do. That is  why the 1Up cabs are so popular.  I guess it is obvious to you now?

MikeyJ122

• Offline Offline
  • Game on!!!
« Reply #103 on: January 24, 2019, 06:12:44 pm »

Try lifting a full machine up 3 flights of stairs by your lonesome.  Then trying to get that cab in a small apartment/house, not to mention getting approval for a full size cabinet.

It is clear you do not have that problem but the 90% of us do. That is  why the 1Up cabs are so popular.  I guess it is obvious to you now?

That's a fair point, weight and transport DOES add to their appeal.

Having said that, I'm a little shocked that you of all people wouldnt agree with me that a tankstick and a pi is a better buy than an arcade 1 up.
ARCADE GAMES RULE!!!

MikeyJ122

• Offline Offline
  • Game on!!!
« Reply #104 on: January 24, 2019, 06:19:43 pm »
Although, I would like to add, in my first post I DID say that I see WHY someone would want one of these machines to turn into a MAME machine. So again, if you DO live in an apartment or moving is an issue, then YES I agree these would be a smart choice. But even then, one or two tops would be all you would need. Which my first post wasnt about THOSE people, it was for those that are buying ALL of them. Moving 6 Arcade 1 Ups wouldnt be much fun either...
ARCADE GAMES RULE!!!

yotsuya

• Online Online
« Reply #105 on: January 24, 2019, 06:31:14 pm »

Having said that, I'm a little shocked that you of all people wouldnt agree with me that a tankstick and a pi is a better buy than an arcade 1 up.

If you’re worried about weigh, space, and transport, a Tankstick and Pi is your best bet.

ark_ader

• Offline Offline
  • I glow in the dark.
« Reply #106 on: January 24, 2019, 06:58:11 pm »

X arcade control panels are for a series of different consoles that we collectors prefer to emulators.  Some considerable expense, time and effort has gone into making these consoles (10 to be exact) interchangeable.  There is no other product out there that comes close and my x arcade panel is from 2002 ergo no USB.  To link with a pi alone would IMO be anti-productive.  I can make a lack arcade in 5 hours.  That is what a pi is for.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 11:59:49 pm by ark_ader »

negative1

• Offline Offline
« Reply #107 on: January 24, 2019, 07:17:52 pm »
if they ever come out with their bartops and wall-cade units, it will be a lot easier for people that
complain about space issues to get those instead.

even the mini cocktail unit, might be ok for those that can't fit in a regular cocktail table.

of course, the projected  price on those is still pretty high also.

later

MikeyJ122

• Offline Offline
  • Game on!!!
« Reply #108 on: January 24, 2019, 08:30:22 pm »

Xarcade control panels ate for a series of different consoles that we collectors prefer to emulators.  Some considerable expense, time and effort has gone into making these consoles (10 to be exact) interchangable.  There is no other product out there that comes close and my xarcade panel is from 2002 ergo no USB.  To link with a pi alone would IMO be anti-produductive.  I can make a lack arcade in 5 hours.  That is what a pi is for.

Ok
ARCADE GAMES RULE!!!

Mr. Peabody

• Offline Offline
« Reply #109 on: January 27, 2019, 01:59:01 pm »
Why would you have to get approval for a cab in an apartment?....or are you mixing in spouse approval?

@yotsuya: yes, that rings a bell. Perhaps I misunderstood the context.

ark_ader

• Offline Offline
  • I glow in the dark.
« Reply #110 on: January 28, 2019, 04:57:17 am »
Why would you have to get approval for a cab in an apartment?....or are you mixing in spouse approval?

@yotsuya: yes, that rings a bell. Perhaps I misunderstood the context.

I take it, you are not from a one sided relationship, that deems non essential entertainment in the living room is grounds for 12 hour sofa detention. 

Let me tell you that 12 hour sofa detention hell is a real place you can be in if you try some crap like buying a working asteroids cocktail and replacing it for the coffee table next to her new sofa, without prior approval.

negative1

• Offline Offline
« Reply #111 on: January 30, 2019, 02:37:14 pm »
More strange responses from Arcade 1up on their official facebook page:
---------
Moe Howard When are stools going to be avail?
3d

Arcade1UpOfficial Hi Moe, Thanks for reaching out to us! As of now, we do not plan on making stools! However, the new cabinets will be released throughout 2019! Keep checking back on our social channels for future news and updates!

Obviously, they didn't go to CES, and show off the short and tall stools, and mention prices right..

-----
Anyways, maybe they will come out later on.

==================================

Also, from their facebook page.

not that it means much more, but they also acknowledged that they MIGHT be coming out with the barcades (counter top)
and Wallcade versions possibly later this year.

Of course, it all depends on licensing, and whether they can get distributors, and get them working, etc, etc.

These would have upgrade monitors, and controls most likely.

later

ark_ader

• Offline Offline
  • I glow in the dark.
« Reply #112 on: January 30, 2019, 04:46:55 pm »
More strange responses from Arcade 1up on their official facebook page:
---------
Moe Howard When are stools going to be avail?
3d

Arcade1UpOfficial Hi Moe, Thanks for reaching out to us! As of now, we do not plan on making stools! However, the new cabinets will be released throughout 2019! Keep checking back on our social channels for future news and updates!

Obviously, they didn't go to CES, and show off the short and tall stools, and mention prices right..

-----
Anyways, maybe they will come out later on.

==================================

Also, from their facebook page.

not that it means much more, but they also acknowledged that they MIGHT be coming out with the barcades (counter top)
and Wallcade versions possibly later this year.

Of course, it all depends on licensing, and whether they can get distributors, and get them working, etc, etc.

These would have upgrade monitors, and controls most likely.

later

I was told 2nd quarter 2019 for the cocktails, wallcades and bartops.  The two types of bar stools next month priced $30+.  Again subject to change.

negative1

• Offline Offline
« Reply #113 on: February 01, 2019, 02:22:20 am »
golden tee information:

Incredible Technologies has partnered up with Arcade1Up and Tastemakers LLC to bring "Classic" Golden Tee to your homes in the Summer of 2019!

Coming this June, Golden Tee Classic will give you the very best of the Golden Tee 3D Golf era all in one cabinet!

There are 12 courses total coming from four different years of Golden Tee: 1998, 1999, 2000 and Classic.

Whether you've played these games before or not, this Summer is sure to be a hot one for Golden Tee Golf!

later

Mr. Peabody

• Offline Offline
« Reply #114 on: February 01, 2019, 02:14:14 pm »

Incredible Technologies has partnered up with Arcade1Up and Tastemakers LLC to bring "Classic" Golden Tee to your homes in the Summer of 2019!

Coming this June, Golden Tee Classic will give you the very best of the Golden Tee 3D Golf era all in one cabinet!

There are 12 courses total coming from four different years of Golden Tee: 1998, 1999, 2000 and Classic.

Curious, though unsurprising if one thinks about it. This way, they'll get them back into bars at a fraction of the cost for everyone.

I take it, you are not from a one sided relationship, that deems non essential entertainment in the living room is grounds for 12 hour sofa detention. 

Let me tell you that 12 hour sofa detention hell is a real place you can be in if you try some crap like buying a working asteroids cocktail and replacing it for the coffee table next to her new sofa, without prior approval.

By many's definition (or perhaps delusion), relationship means 'even time in and consideration of domestic circumstances'. People at the outset of getting together do not sit down and write out their needs, wants, and things they don't need, compare them and stay or split based on it.  I have. Yet in my own experience with this, however motivated they have been, none have been able to hold up their side of things. Why have things half-way wrong when I can have them all the way right?

negative1

• Offline Offline
« Reply #115 on: February 01, 2019, 03:03:13 pm »

Curious, though unsurprising if one thinks about it. This way, they'll get them back into bars at a fraction of the cost for everyone.

unless you go through the legality issues with adding coin doors, and registering them for pay, not going to happen.

also, without internet connectivity, they are useless in bars.

later

leapinlew

• Offline Offline
« Reply #116 on: February 01, 2019, 04:20:31 pm »
These versions of Golden Tee are the ones that have been available in MAME for a long time, right? They are terrible to play. It's 20 year old games that don't hold up well. I can only imagine someone is going to buy it thinking it's the Golden Tee they played at the tavern and then be surprised at how crummy it is.

negative1

• Offline Offline
« Reply #117 on: February 01, 2019, 05:04:47 pm »
These versions of Golden Tee are the ones that have been available in MAME for a long time, right? They are terrible to play. It's 20 year old games that don't hold up well. I can only imagine someone is going to buy it thinking it's the Golden Tee they played at the tavern and then be surprised at how crummy it is.

anyone that sees the graphics knows what they are in for.

also, with the improved controls, that really won't be an issue as far
as playability goes.

the only thing the new ones have is maybe an extra button or two.

the gameplay is identical, so theres really no need for disappointment.

later

leapinlew

• Offline Offline
« Reply #118 on: February 01, 2019, 05:41:32 pm »

anyone that sees the graphics knows what they are in for.

also, with the improved controls, that really won't be an issue as far
as playability goes.

the only thing the new ones have is maybe an extra button or two.

the gameplay is identical, so theres really no need for disappointment.

later

This isn't a Arcade1up thing, this is old ass Golden Tee vs new Golden Tee and the ability for average consumer to realize what they are getting. I think they think they'll be getting this: when in reality they are getting this:

I had Golden Tee available on my cabs, but it was terrible. We played Tiger Woods golf.

I like that they upgraded to a Happ Trackball, but I just think the game itself isn't all that great. It would've been cool if they threw on it Shuffleshot, Shuuz,  and\or World Class bowling.

Mr. Peabody

• Offline Offline
« Reply #119 on: February 04, 2019, 04:41:39 pm »
I like Golden Tee '97. I don't golf, though.....

unless you go through the legality issues with adding coin doors, and registering them for pay, not going to happen.

also, without internet connectivity, they are useless in bars.

later

Love will find a way. I don't know what you're talking about with internet.....