Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Arcade1up: Wave 2  (Read 98116 times)

Haze

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 04, 2023, 08:30:02 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
    • MAME Development Blog
Re: Arcade1up: Wave 2
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2019, 11:22:22 am »
oh look, more trolling from the usual shitstains instead of actually accepting that the advice being posted is correct, and that shock, horror, MAME is actually a legal piece of software with legally binding license terms.

what a community you have here.

only reason I still post is to stop the trolling idiots here from misguiding people with their bad information and advice.

Drnick

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 06, 2023, 01:19:48 pm
  • Plodding Through Life
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2019, 11:29:18 am »
To get back on track, I'm liking the look of the Golden Tee machine, Happ Trackball too  :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 07:48:25 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2019, 11:34:30 am »
Ark speaks for Ark, not the community as a whole. Then again, who knows what the community looks like now. :dunno
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

Osirus23

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 23, 2021, 01:33:52 pm
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2019, 11:38:49 am »
oh look, more trolling from the usual shitstains instead of actually accepting that the advice being posted is correct, and that shock, horror, MAME is actually a legal piece of software with legally binding license terms.

So when will the legal actions commence?

schmerzkaufen

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 03, 2023, 02:27:31 pm
  • Multiple Electronic Machine Emulator
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2019, 12:17:12 pm »

only reason I still post is to stop the trolling idiots here from misguiding people with their bad information and advice.
You know one of the reasons so many people don't post on MAME's own forums or MW anymore and you can see tumbleweeds there, is that they dislike being bashed with condescending BS morality by people arguing legality when they are the very ones dumping, coding and providing what must be the #1 software in the world made for playing countless pirated games, and motivated droves to do so for the past two decades.

But go on, keep ridiculing yourself chasing people around over their internet hangouts, pop in brandishing a cross, foaming and spluttering they're all wrong and bad and will go to hell, that's quite entertaining! sure helps MAME and certainly doesn't make people regret ever thanking mamedev for their work or one day agreeing on whatever topic with you, also.

To make things even more interesting, I think we should collect money to equip you with a powerful megaphone.
Because accelerationism is a healthy thing for fools lost in absurd contradictory delirium and who don't realize they're harming themselves and their surroundings.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 12:21:21 pm by schmerzkaufen »

ark_ader

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2019, 07:35:34 pm
  • I glow in the dark.
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2019, 12:55:20 pm »

The only reason why you post here as you have some credibility as a coder but not as an advocate of morality. 

If any part of what I am stating is incorrect, please furnish some credible proof.  Yet you post on here knowing full well that you will get a reaction.  I like responding to your posts to pick out the nonsense you generate.  Like I have said in the past posts, that I like you.  What you dribble out on here doesn't change that.  It is just we are seeing some good coming out of MAME for a change, and you are acting like the "primordial man seeing the moon at the first time and throwing rocks at it".

I am just reminding you of the history of the project for the past twenty or so years of free reign to emulate whatever you seen fit, regardless of the IP infraction.  Big deal.

Unlike you David I will just put some references here to back up my point, and yours too funnily enough:

http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.917.1648&rep=rep1&type=pdf

https://scholarship.law.berkeley.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1617&context=btlj

https://open.mitchellhamline.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1062&context=cybaris

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1002/asi.23875

This last one sets to discuss video game preservation, but there is no discussion that the said archive should play the games as an application. 

Lots of stuff in their respective bibliographies.  Should keep you guys up most nights or help with insomnia.  ;)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 01:24:32 pm by ark_ader »
If I had only one wish, it would be for three more wishes.

negative1

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 04, 2024, 04:06:51 pm
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2019, 01:14:23 pm »
To get back on track, I'm liking the look of the Golden Tee machine, Happ Trackball too  :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

Everything that was shown needs to be taken with large grains of salt.

Obviously this CES show, is just for showing off prototypes, some licensees, and
demo units.

They want to include real arcade parts, but its not a done deal.

There might be 2 versions, a lower priced unit, with lesser parts, and regular marquee,
and a more expensive edition with a lit marquee.

They said that hopefully by E3, they will have a better idea of what pricepoints and units will be available.

later

ark_ader

• Offline Offline
  • I glow in the dark.
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2019, 01:26:57 pm »

Everything that was shown needs to be taken with large grains of salt.

Obviously this CES show, is just for showing off prototypes, some licensees, and
demo units.

They want to include real arcade parts, but its not a done deal.

There might be 2 versions, a lower priced unit, with lesser parts, and regular marquee,
and a more expensive edition with a lit marquee.

They said that hopefully by E3, they will have a better idea of what pricepoints and units will be available.

later

Agreed.  I think it was good of them to have a proper showing/display. 

I felt that this year's CES was severely lacking, but I am looking forward to E3.

yotsuya

• Online Online
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2019, 02:38:07 pm »
I thought it was funny there were signs that said licenses were pending on some of the items.

negative1

• Offline Offline
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2019, 02:57:37 pm »
I thought it was funny there were signs that said licenses were pending on some of the items.

Why?, that's commonplace at CES.

later

yotsuya

• Online Online
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2019, 03:08:55 pm »

later

Doesn’t mean I can’t find it funny, does it?

negative1

• Offline Offline
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2019, 03:50:00 pm »

later

you are easily amused by everyday things it seems.

later

leapinlew

• Some questionable things going on in this room with cheetos
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 19, 2024, 06:19:27 pm
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2019, 03:51:00 pm »

later

Yeah, I thought it was funny too.

yotsuya

• Online Online
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2019, 04:21:42 pm »

later

later

Well, these ARE toys, and toys are supposed to bring joy, so I guess we all win.

yotsuya

• Online Online
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2019, 04:23:03 pm »

later

You would think with the shaky rollout of V1, they’d want all the i’s dotted and t’s crossed before they showed off things they might not have a license to.

ark_ader

• Offline Offline
  • I glow in the dark.
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2019, 04:49:54 pm »

later

You would think with the shaky rollout of V1, they’d want all the i’s dotted and t’s crossed before they showed off things they might not have a license to.

This is nothing new.  You get speculation with all kinds of products.  If you look at cinema, there are always previews of scenes that does not appear in the finished production.  Since CES gets global attention why not bring out proposed cabinets to invoke some hidden IP whale to get in contact with them. 

Since online vendors have been selling unlicensed artwork for two decades, and only one person had the balls to shut them down, I would look at any said declaration of bringing said goods to market as a simple measured risk assessment. 

It is only funny to you, due them taking the time to bring a stable product out of the retro chaos of 2018 and the previous two decades. 

It is not funny to see a company taking a sensible approach to this niche market, and being openly mocked for doing so on this respectable board, of all places.  ::)

yotsuya

• Online Online
Arcade1up: Wave 2
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2019, 04:55:03 pm »

later

This is nothing new.  You get speculation with all kinds of products.  If you look at cinema, there are always previews of scenes that does not appear in the finished production.  Since CES gets global attention why not bring out proposed cabinets to invoke some hidden IP whale to get in contact with them. 

Since online vendors have been selling unlicensed artwork for two decades, and only one person had the balls to shut them down, I would look at any said declaration of bringing said goods to market as a simple measured risk assessment. 

It is only funny to you, due them taking the time to bring a stable product out of the retro chaos of 2018 and the previous two decades. 

It is not funny to see a company taking a sensible approach to this niche market, and being openly mocked for doing so on this respectable board, of all places.  ::)

2019, and you’re still such a bore. Bravo.

Oh, and did they change the name of this respectable board to Buy Your Own Arcade Cabinet? I missed the memo.

yotsuya

• Online Online
Arcade1up: Wave 2
« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2019, 04:59:46 pm »
I would think the guy who smugly told the owner of a 60-1 that he was running an illegal arcade machine in his break room would be horrified to see unlicensed machines on the floor of a major trade show.

opt2not

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 15, 2024, 07:31:21 pm
« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2019, 05:30:49 pm »

later
And it seems you're easily impressed by shiny things. So there's that...

No it's hilarious that you think the rub-off graphics/chip-wood/dead pixels/fisher price controls was a sensible approach.  ::)

These cash-grab trend riders need to be openly mocked for cutting corners for their bottom line. I'm all for saving a buck, but if you compromise the integrity of your product and pass it off as an authentic experience, then you deserve all the backlash this niche market gives you.

opt2not

• Offline Offline
« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2019, 05:31:36 pm »
I would think the guy who smugly told the owner of a 60-1 that he was running an illegal arcade machine in his break room would be horrified to see unlicensed machines on the floor of a major trade show.

leapinlew

• Offline Offline
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2019, 06:28:49 pm »
No it's hilarious that you think the rub-off graphics/chip-wood/dead pixels/fisher price controls was a sensible approach.  ::)

These cash-grab trend riders need to be openly mocked for cutting corners for their bottom line. I'm all for saving a buck, but if you compromise the integrity of your product and pass it off as an authentic experience, then you deserve all the backlash this niche market gives you.

I think the vast majority of businesses are cash-grab. Money is the name of the game after all.

I think the control panel graphics issue is legit, and hopefully they resolve that for this release. If you had issues with the controls, I really didn't, but if you did, it seems you are not alone and the trackball they chose for Golden Tee is Happ and the controls for MK appear to be different than the SF cab, so perhaps those are upgraded too.

Based off what I've seen, I'm not really a wall-arcade kind of guy, but I did like the bartops. I might love the Mortal Kombat. I have never liked ergonomics with a cocktail, so no interest there. If the wall light is a Galaga ship, I'm interested.

I liked the previous release and I'm going to remain optimistic for this new release. Why not? I mean, why be so pessimistic about a product you haven't put your hands on yet?

opt2not

• Offline Offline
« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2019, 06:49:15 pm »
I think the vast majority of businesses are cash-grab. Money is the name of the game after all.
Of course!  My beef is that they're touting these things as authentic experiences. During last year's Evolution 2018 fighting game tournament they had Pro Street Fighter players endorse these cabinets through poorly scripted streaming video ads. (cringe worthy as well) They mentioned "they felt like how it was BITD".

It's fine to make money, just don't falsely claim your product is something it's not.

I think the control panel graphics issue is legit, and hopefully they resolve that for this release. If you had issues with the controls, I really didn't, but if you did, it seems you are not alone and the trackball they chose for Golden Tee is Happ and the controls for MK appear to be different than the SF cab, so perhaps those are upgraded too.
Another big issue aside from the CP graphics and controls was the LCD's. There are various reports of dead pixels and terrible viewing angles.

I liked the previous release and I'm going to remain optimistic for this new release. Why not? I mean, why be so pessimistic about a product you haven't put your hands on yet?
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me!  They have already set a precedence and a quality bar, with no real forthcoming statements that V2 is going to fix some of these issues. 

So, as pessimistic I may be, I've got no reasons to think otherwise.

leapinlew

• Offline Offline
« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2019, 08:14:25 pm »
Of course!  My beef is that they're touting these things as authentic experiences. During last year's Evolution 2018 fighting game tournament they had Pro Street Fighter players endorse these cabinets through poorly scripted streaming video ads. (cringe worthy as well) They mentioned "they felt like how it was BITD".

It's fine to make money, just don't falsely claim your product is something it's not.

Another big issue aside from the CP graphics and controls was the LCD's. There are various reports of dead pixels and terrible viewing angles.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me!  They have already set a precedence and a quality bar, with no real forthcoming statements that V2 is going to fix some of these issues. 

So, as pessimistic I may be, I've got no reasons to think otherwise.

I have no problems being the optimist here. :D

"KIDS! IT'S OK TO BE ON MY LAWN!!"
~Lewis

ark_ader

• Offline Offline
  • I glow in the dark.
« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2019, 08:18:08 pm »

Not really.  I also got the owner to buy a xbox for the break room.  The vets who worked there really liked call of duty, said it was like looking for the ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- in Iraq.  Better than playing bubble bobble I guess.

So stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

yotsuya

• Online Online
« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2019, 08:19:17 pm »

Not really.  I also got the owner to buy a xbox for the break room.  The vets who worked there really liked call of duty, said it was like looking for the ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- in Iraq.  Better than playing bubble bobble I guess.

So stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

I don’t smoke, chap. Bad for the lungs.

MikeyJ122

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 19, 2019, 08:10:59 am
  • Game on!!!
« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2019, 08:32:49 pm »
I think they are going to have trouble actually bringing the NBA Jam machine to market. Why? The licensed for all the players expired a long time ago, so they would have to approach EVERY single player and make new deals with them (which wont be cheap) or make them all "generic" players and give them a number instead of a name (which is a pretty big change to the game).

I've also heard "rights" issues are why machines with TMNT and The Simpsons are not likely ever to happen. Basically any game that was based on a film or TV show will be hard to make happen. Or if it does happen, itll be MORE expensive for the same machine because of the "extra" costs.
ARCADE GAMES RULE!!!

leapinlew

• Offline Offline
« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2019, 09:00:51 pm »
I think they are going to have trouble actually bringing the NBA Jam machine to market. Why? The licensed for all the players expired a long time ago, so they would have to approach EVERY single player and make new deals with them (which wont be cheap) or make them all "generic" players and give them a number instead of a name (which is a pretty big change to the game).

I've also heard "rights" issues are why machines with TMNT and The Simpsons are not likely ever to happen. Basically any game that was based on a film or TV show will be hard to make happen. Or if it does happen, itll be MORE expensive for the same machine because of the "extra" costs.

And that's the rub.

Of all the games I was nostalgic for, the quarter pumpers were my biggest disappointment. Credit buttons and games designed to eat quarters is a bad combination for me. I remember when I first discovered Mame, first stop - Gauntlet. I loaded up so many credits. I loved hearing the "dong!" sound it made to mean I had another 200 health. 20+ levels later, realizing the enemies really had no power over me since I could easily add more credits.... well, some arcade magic was lost for me that day.

NBA Jam is different though. It's a fun game. Not for me, I don't really like sports games, but I know it was a fun game for many.

yotsuya

• Online Online
« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2019, 09:16:41 pm »

And that's the rub.

Of all the games I was nostalgic for, the quarter pumpers were my biggest disappointment. Credit buttons and games designed to eat quarters is a bad combination for me. I remember when I first discovered Mame, first stop - Gauntlet. I loaded up so many credits. I loved hearing the "dong!" sound it made to mean I had another 200 health. 20+ levels later, realizing the enemies really had no power over me since I could easily add more credits.... well, some arcade magic was lost for me that day.

NBA Jam is different though. It's a fun game. Not for me, I don't really like sports games, but I know it was a fun game for many.

Yeah, my son and I one afternoon played over 100 levels of Gauntlet to see what happened when you hit 100. What happens? Nothing.

MikeyJ122

• Offline Offline
  • Game on!!!
« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2019, 09:35:57 pm »

And that's the rub.

I know what you mean. I still enjoy them though, but unlimited quarters DOES take the edge out of some games though. I played the Xmen arcade game and did special moves over and over again (which they decrease your health).
ARCADE GAMES RULE!!!

FrizzleFried

• no one listens to me anyway.
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 30, 2023, 01:14:24 pm
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2019, 10:17:19 pm »
Hi FF can you (or anyone) show me an image that shows Arcade 1UP is using MAME or FBA, and not some GUI that looks like it?  Need to literally say MAME anywhere.  Thanks.

All the info you could ever want including screen captures,  boot logs, etc...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Arcade1Up/comments/a02870/hack_original_board_not_just_replace_w_pietc/

Have fun.

Visit my arcade blog at: www.idahogaragecade.com (Updated 10-28-21)

FrizzleFried

• Offline Offline
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2019, 10:24:35 pm »
For example... here is the Street Fighter II "rootMAME.ini" file...

Code: [Select]
<UNADORNED0>             

#
# CORE CONFIGURATION OPTIONS
#
readconfig                1
writeconfig               0

#
# CORE SEARCH PATH OPTIONS
#
rompath                   roms
samplepath                samples
artpath                   artwork
ctrlrpath                 ctrlr
inipath                   .;ini
fontpath                  .
cheatpath                 cheat
crosshairpath             crosshair

#
# CORE OUTPUT DIRECTORY OPTIONS
#
cfg_directory             cfg
nvram_directory           nvram
memcard_directory         memcard
input_directory           inp
state_directory           sta
snapshot_directory        snap
diff_directory            diff
comment_directory         comments
hiscore_directory         hi

#
# CORE STATE/PLAYBACK OPTIONS
#
state                   
autosave                  0
playback                 
record                   
mngwrite                 
aviwrite                 
wavwrite                 
snapname                  %g/%i
snapsize                  auto
snapview                  internal
burnin                    0

#
# CORE PERFORMANCE OPTIONS
#
autoframeskip             1
frameskip                 0
seconds_to_run            0
throttle                  1
sleep                     1
speed                     1.0
refreshspeed              0

#
# CORE ROTATION OPTIONS
#
rotate                    1
ror                       0
rol                       0
autoror                   0
autorol                   0
flipx                     0
flipy                     0

#
# CORE ARTWORK OPTIONS
#
artwork_crop              0
use_backdrops             1
use_overlays              1
use_bezels                1

#
# CORE SCREEN OPTIONS
#
brightness                1.0
contrast                  1.0
gamma                     1.0
pause_brightness          0.65

#
# CORE VECTOR OPTIONS
#
antialias                 0
beam                      1.0
flicker                   0

#
# CORE SOUND OPTIONS
#
sound                     1
samplerate                44100
samples                   2
volume                    0

#
# CORE INPUT OPTIONS
#
coin_lockout              1
ctrlr                   
mouse                     0
joystick                  1
lightgun                  0
multikeyboard             0
multimouse                0
steadykey                 0
offscreen_reload          0
joystick_map              auto
joystick_deadzone         0.01
joystick_saturation       0.85
natural                   0
uimodekey                 auto

#
# CORE INPUT AUTOMATIC ENABLE OPTIONS
#
paddle_device             keyboard
adstick_device            keyboard
pedal_device              keyboard
dial_device               keyboard
trackball_device          keyboard
lightgun_device           keyboard
positional_device         keyboard
mouse_device              mouse

#
# CORE DEBUGGING OPTIONS
#
log                       0
verbose                   0
update_in_pause           0
debug                     0
debugscript             
debug_internal            0

#
# CORE MISC OPTIONS
#
bios                     
cheat                     0
skip_gameinfo             1
RAW Paste Data

<UNADORNED0>             

#
# CORE CONFIGURATION OPTIONS
#
readconfig                1
writeconfig               0

#
# CORE SEARCH PATH OPTIONS
#
rompath                   roms
samplepath                samples
artpath                   artwork
ctrlrpath                 ctrlr
inipath                   .;ini
fontpath                  .
cheatpath                 cheat
crosshairpath             crosshair

#
# CORE OUTPUT DIRECTORY OPTIONS
#
cfg_directory             cfg
nvram_directory           nvram
memcard_directory         memcard
input_directory           inp
state_directory           sta
snapshot_directory        snap
diff_directory            diff
comment_directory         comments
hiscore_directory         hi

#
# CORE STATE/PLAYBACK OPTIONS
#
state                     
autosave                  0
playback                 
record                   
mngwrite                 
aviwrite                 
wavwrite                 
snapname                  %g/%i
snapsize                  auto
snapview                  internal
burnin                    0

#
# CORE PERFORMANCE OPTIONS
#
autoframeskip             1
frameskip                 0
seconds_to_run            0
throttle                  1
sleep                     1
speed                     1.0
refreshspeed              0

#
# CORE ROTATION OPTIONS
#
rotate                    1
ror                       0
rol                       0
autoror                   0
autorol                   0
flipx                     0
flipy                     0

#
# CORE ARTWORK OPTIONS
#
artwork_crop              0
use_backdrops             1
use_overlays              1
use_bezels                1

#
# CORE SCREEN OPTIONS
#
brightness                1.0
contrast                  1.0
gamma                     1.0
pause_brightness          0.65

#
# CORE VECTOR OPTIONS
#
antialias                 0
beam                      1.0
flicker                   0

#
# CORE SOUND OPTIONS
#
sound                     1
samplerate                44100
samples                   2
volume                    0

#
# CORE INPUT OPTIONS
#
coin_lockout              1
ctrlr                     
mouse                     0
joystick                  1
lightgun                  0
multikeyboard             0
multimouse                0
steadykey                 0
offscreen_reload          0
joystick_map              auto
joystick_deadzone         0.01
joystick_saturation       0.85
natural                   0
uimodekey                 auto

#
# CORE INPUT AUTOMATIC ENABLE OPTIONS
#
paddle_device             keyboard
adstick_device            keyboard
pedal_device              keyboard
dial_device               keyboard
trackball_device          keyboard
lightgun_device           keyboard
positional_device         keyboard
mouse_device              mouse

#
# CORE DEBUGGING OPTIONS
#
log                       0
verbose                   0
update_in_pause           0
debug                     0
debugscript               
debug_internal            0

#
# CORE MISC OPTIONS
#
bios                     
cheat                     0
skip_gameinfo             1

Hmmm...

FrizzleFried

• Offline Offline
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #71 on: January 10, 2019, 10:26:46 pm »
Hmmm...

This is the Atari 12-in-1 model 7107:

Compiled June 21st of last year.

This is the Centipede model 6653:

There is plenty more evidence at the link I posted above...

Any more questions Ark?

« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 10:31:07 pm by FrizzleFried »

ark_ader

• Offline Offline
  • I glow in the dark.
« Reply #72 on: January 10, 2019, 11:05:58 pm »
Thanks for the info FF.  Just what I was looking for.  :applaud:

FrizzleFried

• Offline Offline
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #73 on: January 10, 2019, 11:11:46 pm »
My pleasure.  They also mention a "Moo" commercial emulator.  I'm having trouble finding any info on that bad boy...

FrizzleFried

• Offline Offline
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #74 on: January 10, 2019, 11:16:14 pm »
Interesting video...

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 05:29:33 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2019, 11:45:21 pm »
I'll just say this.  We are the end consumer and can't help what they put on these machines.  While I have issues with the way they put mame on there I can't help it and I'm not going to rain on everyone's parade that wants to buy one nor am I going to let that hold me back if I ever decide to get one considering I would hack it anyway.  I appreciate Haze's enthusiasm, but man, it would be nice if we could have a single conversation about mame where he doesn't chime in and go on a tie raid.  Either you are the head mame dev or you aren't.  You can't really serve as it's sole representative if you aren't anymore than any of us can speak for every person on this side of the equation. 

I love ya man, but you've got to calm down about stuff that is out of your control.  Take it from me, it's bad for you.  Also please stop calling people names.  That's a real no-no in my book even though I've unfortunately done it myself a few times.  Try not to take that path. 

negative1

• Offline Offline
« Reply #76 on: January 11, 2019, 11:54:27 am »
My pleasure.  They also mention a "Moo" commercial emulator.  I'm having trouble finding any info on that bad boy...

There's plenty of information in that reddit thread. If you buy a machine and hack it.
The code displays his email and phone number if you really want to contact the author.

later

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 03:47:56 pm
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #77 on: January 12, 2019, 06:46:05 pm »
It would be nice if they started throwing some newer games on these. I was 90% there on a $168 Rampage cabinet but I went and replayed it and that’s a rough game that’s difficult to play now.

:dunno

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 05:29:33 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #78 on: January 12, 2019, 10:01:21 pm »
The Mortal Kombat games still hold up for the most part.  I think a cabinet with all the Metal Slugs on it would kill but that would require SNK to stop releasing over-priced worthless crap for a few minutes.  Games any newer than that would probably require a better processor, so it probably isn't going to happen.

MikeyJ122

• Offline Offline
  • Game on!!!
« Reply #79 on: January 13, 2019, 03:40:36 pm »
I might jump at a Guantlet Legends game. Guantlet 1 and 2 are ok, but Legends is LEGENDARY!!!
ARCADE GAMES RULE!!!