Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: U360 issue I just cant fix  (Read 1011 times)

Zeosstud

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2024, 03:12:48 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
U360 issue I just cant fix
« on: January 08, 2019, 06:32:07 pm »
I have had 2 U360s for years, without issue.. I managed to break one of them, so I ordered a new one.. Andy got it here quickly as he always does.. Plugged it into my setup and now no matter what I do I can not get both sticks to show up in ultramap at the same time..  Stick 1, recognized my windows as Stick 1, shows 8 buttons and works like normal ( when plugged in alone ) Stick 2 recognized by windows as stick 2, shows 15 buttons and works like normal when plugged in by itself.  In Ultramap if only one stick is plugged in, they work fine, and are show with the correct id, BUT if both are plugged in at the same time, only stick 2 shows as plugged in, even though if you move them around, they both move..

this is not working for me because the sticks dont auto program with games are launched..

Any help would be appreciated, I am 5 hours into this, and I am getting nowhere

Zeosstud

• Offline Offline
Re: U360 issue I just cant fix
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 10:15:59 pm »
Just an FYI, for anyone that might have read the first post.. Andy replied to an email I sent, I have gotten a newer logic board with the joystick I ordered last week and you can not mix the 2 types, driver issues as I understand it. Got a feeling a new logic board might be heading my way, will post here as things progress..

haynor666

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 22, 2024, 03:17:30 am
  • retro maniac
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 04:59:31 am »
How old was Your U360s ? I'm planning to order new one but first one is probably 5 years old.

Zeosstud

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 01:30:52 pm »
Hi,
      It was older than that for sure.. if you look at the bottom of the control board, there is some model info there.. "New" ones say AA and the chip in the middle of the board is very small and exposed, the older ones, like my 2, were model A and the middle of the board was much bigger and looked covered up.

Hope that helps

- Zeosstud