Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Thank you all and My NOS WICO 4-Way  (Read 2196 times)

rsimp7255

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 10, 2023, 12:33:38 pm
Thank you all and My NOS WICO 4-Way
« on: January 09, 2019, 12:04:15 pm »
So, two years ago I got the urge to own a arcade machine (I was a teenager in the "Golden Age"). I very quickly discovered this site. I then purchased a 60 in 1 kit and built a small wooden test box. Over the past two years I've tried different joysticks and buttons. None of them ever felt right. Some of them I liked, and some I didn't. I sold a couple of the ones I didn't like here.

Now, fast forward to this year, I realized the only way I was going to enjoy this was to find a WICO 4-way. Last week I found one on Ebay. The seller stated he had 10 of them NEW in original box. I purchased one for $85. I received it last Saturday and yes, the box was original and had never been opened. I quickly opened it and installed it on my test box. Once I fired it up and started playing, I felt like a teenager again.  8)

Yes, it was worth every penny! Also, I need to note that I've since swapped out the 60 in 1 for a ArcadeSD board. What's next? I plan on ordering a bartop from Haruman sometime in the near future. Anyway, I just wanted thank you all for the valuable information provided here. It has been VERY helpful. Everyone is always willing to help out and I appreciate it. :cheers:

Also, I have a few more joysticks laying around and I'll put them up for sale soon.
To Alcohol! The cause of... and solution to... all of life's problems.

- Homer J. Simpson

ark_ader

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2019, 07:35:34 pm
  • I glow in the dark.
Re: Thank you all and My NOS WICO 4-Way
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 03:42:12 pm »
Do you know the size of the screws holding the leaf mechanism?  I'm missing one.
If I had only one wish, it would be for three more wishes.

paigeoliver

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2022, 06:10:15 pm
  • Awesome face!
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 03:55:27 pm »
Do you know the size of the screws holding the leaf mechanism?  I'm missing one.

Pull one of your other ones out and bring it to the hardware store, they should be able to match it up.
Acceptance of Zen philosophy is marred slightly by the nagging thought that if all things are interconnected, then all things must be in some way involved with Pauly Shore.

leapinlew

• Some questionable things going on in this room with cheetos
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2024, 07:51:43 pm
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2019, 06:26:03 pm »
NOS Wico 4 way owners here too.

Mr. Peabody

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 05, 2019, 02:30:42 pm
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2019, 02:13:40 am »
I understand your experience and enthusiasm, though $85 dollars is getting a little high. There was a guy in Cyprus who had a bunch of them for $50.
.....oh, and arcadeshop.com has them for $40. Ooops.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 02:24:19 am by Mr. Peabody »

rsimp7255

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 10, 2023, 12:33:38 pm
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2019, 08:46:10 am »
I understand your experience and enthusiasm, though $85 dollars is getting a little high. There was a guy in Cyprus who had a bunch of them for $50.
.....oh, and arcadeshop.com has them for $40. Ooops.

I've looked there before, but I've never seen any 4-way on their site. The problem I was having with other joysticks was the shaft height. I could never find any that felt right to me. 
To Alcohol! The cause of... and solution to... all of life's problems.

- Homer J. Simpson

ark_ader

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2019, 07:35:34 pm
  • I glow in the dark.
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2019, 10:04:49 am »

Pull one of your other ones out and bring it to the hardware store, they should be able to match it up.

Did that.  No joy (sorry about that).  Any better ideas than the blatant obvious please?
If I had only one wish, it would be for three more wishes.

Nephasth

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 11, 2024, 11:02:52 pm
  • Bitches love Centipede
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2019, 03:43:46 pm »

Did that.  No joy (sorry about that).  Any better ideas than the blatant obvious please?

Calipers and a thread pitch gauge. Seems a rather ridiculous notion to ask for the dimensions of something you already possess...
%Bartop

Zeosstud

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2024, 03:12:48 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2019, 08:14:28 pm »
Glad your happy, can not put a price on that..  I am starting to put the pieces together to build a JROK MultiWilliams pedestal cabinet.. Closest I will most likely ever come to a real Robotron, and with the added ability to play Defender, Stargate and Joust, who can argue with that :-)

Cut out the Template for the control panel today actually..

« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 08:29:27 pm by Zeosstud »

paigeoliver

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2022, 06:10:15 pm
  • Awesome face!
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2019, 11:11:40 pm »

Calipers and a thread pitch gauge. Seems a rather ridiculous notion to ask for the dimensions of something you already possess...

Just about the only arcade screw/bolt that I have never been able to replace at the hardware store is the standard arcade carriage bolts.
Acceptance of Zen philosophy is marred slightly by the nagging thought that if all things are interconnected, then all things must be in some way involved with Pauly Shore.

Nephasth

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 11, 2024, 11:02:52 pm
  • Bitches love Centipede
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2019, 11:27:02 pm »

Just about the only arcade screw/bolt that I have never been able to replace at the hardware store is the standard arcade carriage bolts.

Well, now I just feel spoiled having a Fastenal a block away from me...
%Bartop